Thread: bengal cats

Thanks

bengal cats

i was wondering if anyone know of were to get a bengal kitten. i've email many bengal cateries but none have replied back to me.

i was also wondering if anyone knew how the cats behave normally. (are the wild, calm, smart ect)

if anyone has any info plz let me know
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    might be able to help you out. i was seriously considering buying a savannah kitten a while back. some of the advice i picked up on purchasing the cats is sure to apply.

don't look at the classified ads in the newspaper.
    you may have more luck with catteries that deal exclusively with a single breed.
    look for websites of bengal owners. lots of exotic cat owners are very proud of their cats. if possible contact them for information.

as for the behavior of bengal cats, they've been said to have "doglike" character. i've also read that they like to play in water.

you may also check out http://www.bengalbreed.com/bengal.htm

looks like a bit of a cheap website, but it's got a list of breeders, which may be useful. good luck getting your cat.

*edit* i should mention that exotic breeds often cost quite a bit. depending on the breeder and litter size, you might end up paying a couple thousand dollars per kitten.
    Last edited by malicious; February 16th, 2004 at 04:54 AM.

Thanks
    thanks a lot man

i've sent about 15 - 20 to differnt catteries in california but i still haven't got a reply.

i want to get a bengal cus i wanted a more exotic yet still calm 9 and legal) house cat... i saw they they're very affectionate and smart so i was like "hey imma get me one oh those"...hopefully i can find a cattery i like that i can get a kitten from

Thanks
    I am not sure, but i think Jason's cat is a bengal...Maybe he can give you some tips...

Thanks
    http://www.basicso.com/wildgold/pippin.html

heres a link to the kitten im looking at... hopefully i can get him

Thanks
    anyways he was adopted tonite... now im just gonna wait till july (my birthday and also when the next litter will be raedy) this way i'll have enough money to buy any of the kittens i want

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    the best bengal breeder i have found anywhere is here

www.amantrabengals.com

her kitties are tops and she raises them in her home. her boy plays with them so they are well handled by the time you get one. Mine is an absolute gem.

I have one. He is awesome!

Thanks
    btw...bengals are not really doglike...my junglecat hybrid is kind of doglike...but bengals are very very high energy cats as far as the breed goes. they love to run around the house at full speed...tails all racoon fluffed out....but other than that they really are no different than the other cats except for their spots. by two years old they are no different than the others in behavior. for the most part anyhow....

the ladies name at amantra...janice...email her if you want one...she will help ya. she is very nice.

its hard to find good breeders. most just raise them in cages..which leads to you getting a half wild kitty...they need to be handled a lot when young...so be choosy with the breeder...and most importantly...choose by temperament and not looks...i picked the one that let me hold him upside down on his back for over an hour while he napped in my hands. he still does that...hes just really long and is in my lap now.

j

Thanks
    hey jason i was wondering if your bengal liked water. i heard they do but i heard some dont too. Also i think i while back u posted about your cat bobo was delcawed without you knowing. i was wondering if its better now

i think for now im just gonna get a regular domestic cat for now and look into a bengal once i move into a place of my own in a couple of years

Thanks
    Is there a difference in behaviour between male and female?
    After all, dog is a dog. A duck is a duck. But a cat is a person.

Thanks
    That's SICK. Who the hell kind of person would buy one of those cats? Thats disgusting. Although I am a dog person, treating a cat in that sick way and then selling it to the public is disgusting. I thought what I had heard about the bengal cats were just rumors.

That's sick man.

Thanks
    Originally posted by mos667
    That's SICK. Who the hell kind of person would buy one of those cats? Thats disgusting. Although I am a dog person, treating a cat in that sick way and then selling it to the public is disgusting. I thought what I had heard about the bengal cats were just rumors.

That's sick man.

:confused:

looks like nappy time!

Thanks
    Originally posted by epiphany
    Is there a difference in behaviour between male and female?
    there is a difference in behavior between every cat in the litter. the trick is trying to judge which one is going to be the best for how you live. mine is very very very mellow and will let you play with him anytime. then he gets all wide eyed and bushy tailed and runs through the house meowing at the top of his lungs. i have found him on top of the door before..balancing and meowing. insanity I tell you. then he just purrs and kneeds.

the female of the same litter was so hyper she broke her own leg running around like crazy. but my other female kitty doesnt run hardly at all. she hangs out on her perch like a gargoyle and just watches everything.

every one is different. ive come to the conclusion that breed has very little to do with it. its all about how well they are handled early on and how their individual temperament is in general.

Thanks
    Oh. My bad. Sorry, I thought you were talking about Bonsai kittens (here ) lol sorry about the mixup

Thanks
    ya thats is really disgusting. i cant believe anyone would want to do that. its weird that every guestbook entry is a positive one.

Thanks
    ya thats is really disgusting. i cant believe anyone would want to do that. its weird that every guestbook entry is a positive one.
    relax, the whole site is a joke.

I'm looking forward to getting my own house (rather than renting, no pets allowed) so I can get a Bengal. Jason, I'll be dropping you a linewhen I do, so I can get some more info.

mitch

There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    its a joke? i was like who would do that to a kitty and not get arrested for animal cruelty