Assassins creed female re-make - uni work

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Assassins creed female re-make - uni work

Hellooo,

This is a piece I've done for my uni work, we have to re-make an existing male character into a female version of it, so here's what I've done I'm interested to know what everyone thinks of it to help me with the rest of the paintings I have to do for the project.

Last edited by Daaaisy; March 23rd, 2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looking pretty good, I can only find a few minor flaws, really. But then humans aren't my strongest point .

I'm aware of the overall brightness of the game so the lack of shading could have been intentional, but I still think she could do with a wee bit more here and there. I'm also unsure about how her hood folds around her face there, I think it's a pretty heavy kind of fabric from what I gathered in the game. A little bit of weighing it down might look better. And lastly; her feet are positioned awkwardly. I suppose it's a kind of elegant stance you were going for, but it actually costs me effort to point my toes outward that far. It doesn't look relaxed/natural. I gave you a little paintover to help make myself more clear . Hope it helps!

Oh, yeah. She's also missing a finger from how I look at it, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

I did use a reference pose to create this so maybe the woman had pretty flexible feet . The main character is meant to have a missing finger as that's where the sword comes out of the glove, I don't know too much about the game but I'm pretty sure all of the assassins are missing a finger. Thanks for your help though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lhune is right. There is a real lack of shading and contrast so the character doesn't really pop. This also causes her to look flat. The value of the background being so close to her own doesn't help either. I would fix the missing finger, even if it was your intention it still looks like a mistake rather than a conscious decision. The cloak she is holding on the right makes an odd tangent with the arm, and I am not believing how it's folds are set up.

Another issue is that most of her clothing looks painted on rather than laying on top of her form. Her belt is one example. I am guessing you used the dodge and burn tool since everything look s like it is just varying values of the exact same color. I'd try a lot more color mixing. For instance try using blues for the shadows of her white areas rather than grey.

The dagger hilt doesn't appear to be connected properly to the blade. Her neck doesn't seem connected properly to her torso. Try lining up the center of her torso and compare it to where the neck is, you'll find it's paced too far over to the left.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just something to note in a 'ballet' type pose like that. The feet pointing outward - that direction is a result of hip flexors - so the outturn is from the hip, not the foot.

The knees will be pointed in the same direction as the foot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.