Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Austin Artists! ASG Pub Crawl!
February 15th, 2004 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Austin Artists! ASG Pub Crawl!
Drinkin' and Drawin' 4: The ASG Pub Crawl
***IMPORTANT: Let me know if you’re going to make it. Bring friends!***
February the 21st
Time: 8:30 PM – last call
Starting Place: Lovejoy’s (604 Neches St., between 6th and 7th)- Austin, Texas.
The rules go like this: Two or three sketchbooks, a bunch of artists...
1. We go to a bar, order drinks, and the first person in line draws a one page comic in the sketchbook (one panel, multi-panel, whatever). Time limit: 20-25 minutes.
2. When time’s up, the sketchbook gets handed off to the next person who then continues a narrative.
3. After 2 or 3 people draw, we walk to the next bar and continue. We bar hop and draw this thing until last call.
4. The result of this experiment will be posted on the new Austin Sketch Group MessageBoard.
We’ll start out at Lovejoy’s and be there until 9:30 (to wait for the not-so-punctual) If you want to participate and don’t plan on drinking, that's ok too.
** This is an exercise in bad, drunken, rushed, improvisational art. IF YOU PARTICIPATE, IT IS WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT YOUR DRAWING (along with everyone else's) WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THE BOARD AS IS. NO CLEANING IT UP. NO EXCEPTIONS.
** Bring your I.D.s and money. Nothing’s free in this cruel cruel world. If you’re broke, get a sponsor.
** Make sure you have a designated driver if you get too smashed. Cabs are good too. Anyone who needs a place to crash can stay in my luxurious (read: shitty) living room. One lucky person can sleep on my couch. And yes, I will have more to drink here if you’re not ready to call it a night.
** Anything bad that happens is not my responsibility or the responsibility of the Austin Sketch Group. You are all old enough to take care of yourselves.
** Sketch Group will go on as scheduled the next day.
Now let’s get drinking!
Austin Sketch Group