Future Poly Courses - Official Thread ( Daniel Dociu Class May 3-7!!)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Future Poly Courses - Official Thread ( Daniel Dociu Class May 3-7!!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Future Poly Courses - Official Thread ( Daniel Dociu Class May 3-7!!)

Name:  SpringClassesForumPage.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  491.3 KB

Hello Everyone,

FuturePoly's Spring/Summer courses are open for enrollment and I'm pleased to announce the addition of our new classes, as well as a new workshop featuring Kekai Kotaki.

New classes include Art Theory and Design, Intro to 3-D modeling, and Character Modeling with Z-Brush.

Art Theory and Design is being taught by James Kei and will demonstrate principals of design, composition, and art theory.

Intro to 3-D modeling is being taught by Eli Hanselman and will focus on the fundamentals of modeling and texturing video game assets.

Joe Pikop is our Character Modeling with Z-Brush instructor and will show you how to sculpt high-poly characters in ZBrush and then properly generate normal maps and ambient occlusion textures from your source geometry.

In addition to these classes, we have our signature package: The Professional Program. This is for the serious student who wants to streamline their education experience. It includes 3D Modeling for Games I, II and III, Texturing for Games, Digital Painting, and Concept Art. This program consists of 48, 3-hour sessions, and offers our best value. It is designed to give you the well-rounded and relevant skills you will need to compete in the video game industry.

For more details visit our website at www.futurepoly.com or respond to this thread with questions.

Thanks,

Jason Stokes
    FuturePoly

Name:  Studio.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  32.0 KB

Last edited by Stokes; April 14th, 2010 at 09:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have some q's .

Is the program 100% on site? If so, is transportation available, train/buses/parking etc.

Are there any required supplies? (laptop, kits)

Can people who have no previous art education apply as well or is it geared more towards current students?

And I saw that the professional program's tuition was $2,895, is this price for both the 3 month and 6 month option?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Reymus View Post
    I have some q's .

Is the program 100% on site? If so, is transportation available, train/buses/parking etc.

Are there any required supplies? (laptop, kits)

Can people who have no previous art education apply as well or is it geared more towards current students?

And I saw that the professional program's tuition was $2,895, is this price for both the 3 month and 6 month option?
    Hey Reymus,

Here are some answers to your questions.

1. Yes, currently our classes are on site. We have plenty of parking on site and some students take the metro bus system to get here.

2. As far as supplies, we highly recommend a wacom tablet especially for the digital art classes. Also a usb flash drive is recommended for transferring work to and from class.

3. Students who have no previous art education or 3-d experience are encouraged to enroll in the intro to 3D, and Art Theory and Design classes. These are designed to teach students the fundamentals and prime them for our professional program.

4. Yes the professional Program tuition is the same for both the 3 month and 6 month options. The 3 month option meets four times a week while the 6 month option meets only twice a week.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks,

Jason Stokes
    FuturePoly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stokes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

FUTUREPOLY Presents Kekai Kotaki Concept Art Workshop and Daniel Dociu Master Class.

Hey guys,

All of the spring core classes are now sold out but there is still room left in Kekai's workshop, Daniel's week long masterclass and James Kei's Art Theory and Design class. All the registration info is on the site: www.FuturePoly.com

If you have any questions please feel free to call or e-mail us.

Cheers,

Jason Stokes

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this course for a beginner ???

coz one of my friend really wants to take a course to develop his 3d modeling skill ...

After a day work work i sit on my ijoy massage chair always. So relaxing, but sometime i want kick out my ijoy chair often.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A majority of the students have had some basic exposure to 3-D but the class starts out with a quick refresher to get everyone on the same page. I have recorded all of the main class demos and lectures so that students can practice at home and during our open lab times.

We have an open house this Sunday, 9-26-10 from 1pm-4pm where a bunch of the instructors will be answering questions and talking with students. Hopefully you can make it over to Bellevue.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Course running in the new year

Hi Jason,

I'm from Dublin, Ireland and am planning on attending your course in the new year, it looks great
    I have a question. Unfortunately, my visa waver programme will only allow me to stay for a maximum of 90 days in the US after which I have to travel home to Ireland. My plan is to fly over, do the 3 month professional programme and fly home. However I also really want to take any extra courses that might run on the weekends such as ZBrush and Art theory/Design.
    I have already been in contact by phone with the school and I don't think these weekend courses had been given a start date yet. Do you know if they will run inside the three month professional programme? I would really like to take them so I'm hoping they'll start and finish during the time I'm there so I don't miss anything.

Thanks a lot

Dan

Members who have read this thread: 2