Sketchbook: Cannibal's Doodles
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cannibal's Doodles

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cannibal's Doodles

Hi there! I go by Cannibal. I'm StoopidClock on deviant art . I've had this account on here for a while but i've never actually posted before. I'm tired of deviant art's loneliness and lack of critique so i thought i'd give posting here a try.

I don't have anything from my actual sketchbook scanned in just yet so i'll start with a couple of life drawings from my drawing class

btw: if the pictures are too big, please let me know; I'll shrink them down. (though i'm sure nobody wants to critique a thumbnail of a bigger picture xD)

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, i've taken a quick second to scan in some sketches. These are of a character i was working on. He was gonna build clocks or something along those lines, i haven't fully thought it out yet.

First one's concepts for his coat, second one's concepts for his face, third's concepts for his glasses (they can zoom in and out).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey

Thanks for the comment . Yeah I am trying to make my figures dynamic a lot, sometimes more than it should be . Thats great you joined the CA. I had the same problem with deviant art so I abandoned it as well. I would recomend you to put your sketchbook link as your signiture in your posts, so every time you post something, people can see your work. Also, try to fit more papers in one picture, because than there is a huge line of small pictures and it takes forever to go throught them all. What works for me is to put 2 pages on one picture and resize it to height of about 800 pixels. Hope it helped . Also hope to see more soon .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fregy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

W.I.P.

thought I should post something so here's a W.I.P. of a little practice painting I'm doing. I'm exprimenting with using watercolor as a base for an acrylic painting.

It's obviously not done, but i thought the colors were nice, and you can still see the (simple) composition of the painting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i see no one really commenting, guess i'll have to post faster >:C lol.

umm, a refined sketch for a friend. He asked me to do some designs for t-shirts and a mascot for his metal band. This is my take for the mascot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The watercolors ARE really nice. I'd like to see more of that one.

I suppose no matter what I'm drawing, there will always be some sort of question in my mind about it. A work of art (even cartoon art) is never really finished; it is abandoned.
    _ Brooke McEldowney,

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your shading on those sketchbook characters are great, but is the style your going for supposed be stylized because the heads for the clock character in you sketchbook seem too big for the bodies, it might help to study proportions of the human body, usually for an adult their body in length is that size of their head stacked on top of each other 8 times, from the chin to nipples is one head size, hope this helps, keep it up !

Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks asterisk, i'll finish that painting once i stop doodling all over this brown paper

And thanks stormrider, but i guess it would help if i mentioned that the clock maker is supposed to be a dwarf my proportions do need work though, i'm getting a little wacky with my people.

here are just a couple of drawings from my awesome new moleskine pocket book . the one of the left is a quick drawing for the kid in the colorful WIP, and the one on the right is some sketches for the face of that fat monster with the knife in his head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here are a couple things i've been workin' on.

First one's a painting i just finished. I was playing around with acrylics painted on top of watercolors. Loosely based off of half of a dream i had (i might paint the second half).

Second one's a more refined sketch, again for my friend's metal band (same one). it's the mascot chowin' down on some fried fingers, brain juice and a corpse sandwhich. Mmm-mm good (it's drawn on a paper grocery bag, that's why there are so many folds)

P.S. Sorry for the crap photos, these are too big for my scanner and my camera phone isn't the best for taking photos of art.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.