Following
    A steaming pile of.....

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reymus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unfortunately had a stomach flu this weekend so I didn't get a chance to take this one quite where I wanted.

Name:  chow193_lsheridan.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  477.1 KB
    Name:  chow193_lsheridan_wips.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  217.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tattooed Lizard king Mobster Final

Hey yo! Here's mine..

Last edited by Obacmar; March 22nd, 2010 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my entry!

Nice job everyone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alex Welch/concept art/characters/fantasy/photoshop

Beautiful entries, everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CHOW 193

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My first chow in quite a while. Hope the file names and everything ok.
    Cool brief.

"After his successful tattoo business and reputation were destroyed by an incident involving a Belgian girl with stars on her face, he fell into madness. The only comfort he could take was from the seductive quality of the ink, at first on himself and then on the skin of any unsuspecting victim he was able to sedate."

Last edited by vaughany_boy; March 22nd, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
    [Blog]
    [Email]
    Ben Vaughan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    NO ENTRIES PAST THIS POINT!

15 minute grace period

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    POLL IS UP!

Some Cuts Today:

Guys, please please please check the submission guidelines. They are right at the bottom of the first post.

KLEVR: No wips
    Tres Chic: No wips

Warnings (aka, i didn't cut you, but I could have)

NeuroN - named incorrectly

12. The Following User Says Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoops. well maybe next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey daestwen,

Was wondering why mine got cut? Thanks.

EDIT: nm, thanks again

Last edited by l.sheridan; March 22nd, 2010 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And Tres Chic has wips on pages 1, 4 and 6 of the thread it looks like...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    KLEVR I know she does, but the rule is you have to post them here. I don't have time to go looking for them in the thread. You don't have to repost them, you can just link to them, but they need to be provided somewhere.

l.sheridan Human error, sorry. :/ Should be fixed now.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gotcha. Sorry, got totally confused about the protocol. Next time I'll be ready. Thank you for clarifying

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for
    Jason Rainvile: No crit man, that's a real masterpiece. The idea (and execution) of telling a story with those chest marks is awesome.
    JRuined: Intense pic. I love the facial expression and the agressive lighting. Some crits: the pose could have been even more interesting. Supposing he's praying to his gods he could be kneeing or something. Also some little lighting incosistencies here: The totally black shadow that his arms cast on his stomach should continue on the belt and the blue secondary light on the left side of the image should affect the skirt. As nitpicking I also wanted to say that this gesture is a typically a christian one for praying, but surprisingly it isn't

Just wanted to vote for
    KLEVR: I love the tattos' design. What a pity she's not in a bikini so that we could see more of them But seriously: that hairstyle and those tattoos (and the fact that she's a smoker) depict her as a typical rebel character. I don't think this woman would wear these kinds of clothes. Unless she works in an office when she would hide all her tattoos. Anyway I like the overall look. (Just take a decent font next time for the frame. These hand-written fonts take away a bit form the ... dunno ... professional look of the image)

"Try again, fail again,
    fail better!"
    Samuel Beckett
    Sketchbook

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novbert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damnit... i thought the deadline was 5 o clock.. well here you go anyway, for your visual pleasure. progress image here.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 427 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good round (thanks, Dae!)... and time to be a good girl and give feedback.

Tommoy - I like your idea to make her clothing tattooed on, I just think it could have been pushed further, either by cleaning up the tattoo designs so they read more clearly, or by giving more indication of the clothing painted on (buttons, folds, kinda like when they do the body paint in the SI Swimsuit issues...). Also, mind that background patter, I can see where you scaled up the res and all that pixelation is distracting. If you need some good high-res patterns like that one, check out DeviantArt's stock section or CGTextures's wallpaper patterns - they all come in nice, high res.

Paolo13 - I voted for this one because it was so different - I like the shape of your character silhouette, I like the clean linework, and I think it's executed pretty well. The only thing I would suggest is to clean up some of that black and white graphic you have framing him - all the spots and tangents where it gets too close to the lines kind of distract, where as you can use this kind of technique to pop your character off the paper. Jeremy Enecio does this really well: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MTOk4voyWO...dersketch1.jpg

Onisan - I liked the strength in the stance your character has, but this generally reads really static to me. I'd like to see more of his story - some emotion, expression, etc. I'm noticing the forehead got a little large in the final rendering, or maybe the face is generally sliding down the head (think about the eyes being halfway between the crown of the head and the chin). And while the detail around his belt is quite nice, I wish some of it had carried through his pants - I see the beginnings of highlights, but they don't seem to follow the shape of the pants, making them look a little mushy. I'd love to see some seam details, folds, etc.

AzureLure - this got one of my votes, I love the allusion to Indian art in the tattoos but also in the pose/posture. I don't mind the cartoony nature of the rendering, it can be quite charming, but watch out for your perspective - the floor slopes dramatically towards the viewer while the table doesn't. It would make sense to drop the line where the wall meets the floor down a bunch to match how even-on everything else is - or try a re-do and match your figure and props to the top-down perspective the floor has.

DarkLogik - I quite like the strength of this figure, very nice expression and posture. And I think you are improving your rendering every time you do one of these. I think for future pieces, watch out for the skin tones getting muddy - you go from white to peach to brown. See about using purples, blues, even the reds from your environment, in your shadows instead of going for skin color mixed with black. Also, next time, I think you should push yourself to include feet

JanJager - I love the expression and sense of character your piece is brimming with (totally got one of my votes) It gets a little busy for me with all the bright pattern and white highlights and things going on - plus all that saturated blue against yellow. I think toning it down a touch and maybe giving a little more atmosphere/adjusting the lighting might help. Still, very cool.

Jason Rainville - I love this one, and I absolutely voted for your piece. There is a wonderful sense of mood, and your rendering is fantastic. If I had to make suggestions, I think you could have softened the tattoo some to reflect his age and the age of the tattoo (my 84 year old grandpa has an old navy tattoo of an eagle which is more of a soft blue blob with age spots now, tattoos will bleed and soften over time) And I think the veins on his right hand might be a little strong. But, really, this piece is rad. You kept me on my toes this week. Cheers.

Feil Mangus - You've got some nice clean lines there, which is good, but I think you really need some anatomy ref/study to help your figures progress. This fella's arm is very short and alot of the structure of the chest and torso isn't quite there. Also, get a photo of some blue jeans so you can get some of those dynamic folds and stitching details in there - his pants are kind of mushy now. Keep working on it!

Blau - I love that you're establishing a scene and getting some atmosphere in your piece, but I think it needs some finishing polish to take it all the way there. The area on the left of his torso is a solid color and goes flat, that is a great opportunity to bounce in the light coming off the sand, his white clothes, the rocks behind him. Your tattoos also read flat - they are the same even spacing and same flat black all the way across your figure where as a real tattoo with not always appear so solid, and the shapes will bend. One trick to try - make your tattoo design on a separate layer in photoshop and experiment with layer modes like overlay and multiply - this will allow the color/shapes behind this layer to show through and make the tattoo look more natural on the skin. And the warp tool will help you bend shapes quickly.

Dimagyan - You always make such solid, impressive characters. I love the design and pose you went with for your final (and I voted for this one). I've been trying to think of something super constructive to add, but I'm at a loss. Do more? Yes, do lots, lots more.

The Whistler - I think you're getting even better with your character poses, and I really like the expression/attitude she is exuding. Having such a fine line in the tattoos is making the rest of her, the shorts especially, feel kind of mushy to me, though. Think about focusing your line quality to give the piece focus - the more refined/detailed areas should be near the face/head/where you want focus and everything should move outward from there getting more abstract. I think going back in and tightening up the folds of the shorts, the shape of the shirt, etc., will help pull the whole thing together.

Novbert - I love the color (purple is always just fine with me), and I like the fact you're limiting your color palette/trying to create a mood. Her anatomy seems a little strange Did you work from a reference? if not, it might be good to - that is an awkward pose to hold and I don't think you'd see if often in reference. Using something more natural would make her feel more natural. I think you could also use some separation between your foreground and the background, because all the colors and values are so close, it reads a little flat. Pop this into grayscale in Photoshop, it will help with value issues.

Yeshin - I like that you carried out a theme from character to tattoos, all the way through. There are some anatomy problems with the hands, feet, etc. so be sure to use a reference if you're unsure of what you're painting. Also, be careful of painting your highlights over this with a soft airbrush, it is making his tattoos kind of mushy/glowy/bleed-y. I really like the fish on his chest.

Tenno2 - I really like this concept, of drawing on yourself, and I like the perspective here alot. Maybe just tighten up some of the rendering on the figure's chest/pants/fabric folds to match the super crisp cleanness of the tattoos

tokotewhero - Your rendering style is awesome, and I'd meant to vote for you but forgot (boo ) There are a couple little perspective things, like the samurai hat has the face opening turned mostly at the viewer, but the way he is holding it, it should be turned more to the left. And I'd love to see some of that detail like the cracks in his armor brought into the fabric on the kilt, the belt, etc. Very nice piece.

Lady Chestnut - I like the style you have going on, with the nods to gothic lolita motifs and the lace. Something about the anatomy is bugging me - I think the head is still really large, and the figure gets longer and narrower as she goes down. The shoulders are kind of hard to read, even come off a little flat, because the lighting is so even all over. A reference and a more established light source will help you show the form of the shoulder and the shadows it would make down her back, a shadow under the chin makes the head look attached/not floating, etc.

Daestwen - I like the colors you've used, the tattoo designs, and I like the sheer fabric, that is always fun to render. I think her anatomy is still a touch awkward because her head. hands and feet are so large, it makes her torso look short (I think she is 5 heads tall now, instead of closer to 7/8) Very cool, voted

LeoListens - Ahh! I meant to vote for this one too, I LOVE the style and expression, and you have rendered this really beautifully. I think the only thing I might add is a shadow - with such a simple background and such strong lighting, a little bit of shadow beneath him (referencing your original light source) would stop the background from flattening him out.

Ruined - I dig the pose, and I think you've done a good job of conveying character here. I think the textures may be a bit overboard, they are so strong that they hide alot of your rendering on the figure, and are a little distracting in the background. Also, beware of muddy shadows and too much heavy black, it makes that really saturated peach skin feel a little garish. I might recommend going into photoshop and adding a photo filter layer and giving this a color tone (play around with the settings, they all give neat results) to unify the colors more.

Liffey - I like the character design here alot (it reminds me a little of Rage, have you seen some of the characters/concepts from that game yet? it's worth checking out) Right now, everything is about the same value, and all your strokes/shapes are uniform and rendered to the exact same place, and all of this works to make this piece feel really flat. You are starting to bring atmospheric color in from the background, but it could use more (drop in some nice blue haze, maybe, or a peachy color would make it feel hot) and pick a defined light source so you can get a center of focus on your figure - light him with a spotlight maybe, or from behind to get strong rimlights and make the background brighter. There are lots of options of where to go from here.

Klevr - shame about the wip rule DQ'ing you, this piece is very strong (and a big improvement from what I've seen of your work before). I like the b/w figure with color tattoos, it is a nice touch. Her hands look a little small, and the folds/wrinkles in the coat sleeve and the skirt are all very even, and without some nice defined wrinkles, which makes them look unnatural - some ref will help with this. Good showing, old friend

Tres Chic - The figure and pose are very nice, and I like the effort of adding in a background. Watch out for those black shadows tho, your colors are going muddy. And the brick wall is very distracting because the lighting doesn't match the rest of your scene, nor look 3 dimensional - a brick is a cube/box that will stick out from the grout, so you will have a face that catches the light along the edge closest to your light source, and then you will have shadows cast by the brick on the edge farthest from the light source ( example )

Zoukka - I like how different your style is, and the exaggerated anatomy (especially the bottom foot, that looks awesome). Her chin still feels awfully cropped to me and the lines feel really heavy. I like where you are exaggerating around her thigh, but all the other lines seem so uniformly thick (especially the raised hand) that the form is getting lost for me.

Neuron - I really like the silhouette of this character, and that you went for something totally different. I just don't get the "coke" motif, I've tried to wrap my brain around why it might be there, and I think because I don't get it, it just distracts (and detracts) from the piece and your character. I think it would be better served to try out a setting that explains your lighting instead.

Suneater - I definitely get your character's expression and mood, which is excellent. You're running into some anatomy issues here with the head being so large (your character is about 5 heads tall, should be closer to 7-8 for an adult person) and the abdominal muscles being so defined makes the un-rendered feet and hands more obvious. Reference will help with anatomy issues, and with the pants fabric - having every fold be the same width and value as the next makes them feel formless, think about the shapes under there and how even baggy pants will respond to the shape of a thigh/knee/etc., and also try out some different shadow colors besides black, which makes your skin tone very muddy. I do like how you managed the perspective on his left hand, though. It reads pretty well.

Abrodos - I like very much that you went for non-human (pushing the brief is always fun), I just wish your character had more expression - being non-human, without many facial features and in a very neutral stance, the sense of character is a little lost. The rendering is a little messy - why not paint in the actual wood grain, or grass pieces on the skirt, or clean up the outlines/paint them out? If you are unsure of how any of these pieces (or even that hand on the right) might look, grab some reference.

Fox - I like where you were going with this one... the colors have gone a little muddy, but the tattos are really nice. Her feet and the cut of the skirt seem awkward to me. And all your edges have the same quality, some areas could be rendered more/sharpened up to show more depth/give more focus.

Windsrock - It looks like you've shortened the figure as you moved down from the head (the head is large, and everything gets progressively smaller as you go) which makes the figure seem a little awkward. I really like the design, tho, very rockabilly and cute. I would watch out for doing shadows in graphite or black, especially when working with colored pencil, it makes the shadows feel kind of dirty/smudgy.

JessiBean - PFFT. Use more skill.

Reymus - I like the dramatic lighting and his expression. The fabric folds are reading very flat and heavy because each one has the same black outline and the same even highlight, and that hand still seems overly large to me, especially compared to his short upper arm. Love the glowy/floaty fire detail.

l.sheridan - I like the feeling of the pose and costuming (makes the character feel a little more shamanic)... the waist of the kilt garment looks a little too large/round - more like the jetsons bubble clothing than how a piece of fabric would wrap around. The tattoos feel a little contrasty, and having so much space with scribbly background around him is distracting me from the figure - I think tightening up there or toning down the values will help the figure read better.

obacmar - I still have an issue with every form on your figure having the same shadow and highlight as every other one, so that when I cross my eyes I see a stack of spheres rather than an overall form. Consider lighting as it relates to the overall figure/space, not each individual piece. Also, careful with how you are overlaying your photo textures, it is especially distracting on the floor where it looks more like a grid pattern because it lacks shadow/highlights on the edges of the tiles to make them 3 dimensional. I do, however, still appreciate that you did something off the beaten path with a lizard man instead of a person, and I like how you've invested a good bit of personality into him.

Ithoual - I like the structure of the back, it is very nicely rendered, and you've done a good job of keeping a techno-punky feel in your shape language. I still wish you'd defined him more as a priest, maybe showing the symbols of the techo-religion he practices rather then random plugs/lines. Also, it is almost always impossible to show much personality in a character when they have their back to us, so maybe try out some other poses in the future?

Major Tom - I like where you're trying to go with something more floaty and ethereal, though it looks a little unnatural to hold a pose like that without something to sit on (or something explaining why she is holding that position). Also, that corset she is wearing is an opportunity to show structure (boning, seams, fabric folds, etc.) and because it is so flat you lose the sense of her form under there. The blue tattoos make her feel rather celtic, maybe see about pushing some of those motifs/designs further.

Gloomybunny - Steampunk is always a good thing, kudos on taking your theme there. Some of the materials like the skirt aren't reading like fabric, I think because of the severe graphic swoop shape it makes at the bottom - when fabric flows it makes much more irregular shapes, and if this were stiff fabric cut into a shape like that, it would most likely still be too heavy for the corners to stand up like that. Also, be careful with losing the shape of her legs and feet, you have a great opportunity with a material like leather to use reflected and bounce light to show the form and define your fabric.

... will continue the rest later

Last edited by JessiBean; March 22nd, 2010 at 06:12 PM.

23. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aw damn just got home, missed the deadline
    awesome entries, nice work everyone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Daestwen, was I cut? I don't see my name on the cut list but not in the poll either? No worries if I didn't make it though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reymus: No, you weren't supposed to be cut either... :/

Sorry, I guess I missed a few of them. CA kept timing out while I was trying to do poll... I'll fix it, sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments guys Jessi: thanks esp. for the crits. To be honest about the tattoos I'm really not very happy with them. I tried decreasing the opacity and trying all sorts of blending styles but it never wanted to read or look quite right. bad decision to try to tell a clear story on a wrinkly, defined old man I once had the story all over his torso with an elaborate love story, but it read even worse on his stomach. So my last minute excuse for why they're so defined.... they're magic
    ----------------

I wish I could have given critiques and comments before the deadline, and I wish I could comment on everyone but I have to get back to work so quickly;

Voted for

Daestwen: nice clean style + sexy lady = vote Like the effect with the lace too. Only crit would be hands might be a little big?
    JessiBean: Great concept and beautiful as always. LOVE the fact you got it all across with essentially green and purple.
    DIMAGYAN: I think you own the word slick. Really lovely, that subtle shine on he shoulders and arm is actually what I like the best. It gets across the texture of the skin in such a simple way
    tokotewhero really nice texture and character. he might be leaning a bit too far to our left though, and I think a more solidly defined ground for his feet might help with that as well.
    JanJager loved it from the first sketch got his character across perfectly with the expression and tats. Only crit would be that it could have been tighter in certain spots.

Other comments;

JRuined: Really liked yours but for some reason i think it was stronger earlier on. I think the black tattoos and skulls really added something to it.
    Darklogik: sorry for the late crit, but his nipple is wandering to his shoulder. I think his abs cuold have been a little more clearly implied. nice face and lighting :
    Novbert: those are some badass designs on her, like the character and the mood. Couple of crits, I'm not sure if the steep incline plus her leaning in the same direction makes it feel like the ground is really stable, I would have evene one of those two things out. the story behind her and those things could have been a little more clear. Other than that great job

EDIT, oh, and the prize for best progress images goes to Reymus

That's all I've got for now. Thanks again for a cool round everybody

Last edited by Jason Rainville; March 22nd, 2010 at 06:19 PM.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Jessibean, Jason Rainville,and JRuined.

Jessi - Outstanding as usual, though I wish you'd do some really,really,really ugly characters once in a while. I mean ones with cleft palettes and some facial twitches .

Jason - I loved this one, though the cropping is distracting a bit to me, but great nonetheless.

Jruined - I don't know if he's praying or swearing at someone above him, or both, but it's all cheddar. His lower half could've used a bit more love though.

Thanks for the fix Daes. If in doubt, call on Gary Busey. More feedback later.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Reymus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jessi and Jason, Thanks for all the feed back.... I was wondering if some one out there would like to give me a few one on one pointers so I can reach a level I know I am capable of. If so I would be eternally grateful!

Great round again!

Destiny is re-written daily. ~

CA-Sketchbook•
    DVnt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing round! My favorites are as listed (in no particular order):

Neuron: I really like that you turned it into an ad! I thought the character was both very imaginative and a nice stand out amongst all the "human" pieces of art. The tattoos don't feel as strong as some of the other aspects in your work, but they are very well done nonetheless.
    Ithoual: I looove the tattoos and cybernetic feel he has! I don't know if you're familiar with the MGS series, but they certainly reminded me of some of the features seen with characters in that series (MGS4 Raiden, Grey Fox). I also really love the head piece
    JessiBean: The character is sexy and set effectively in a seductive environment. I really have nothing bad to say about your work, as you have such an eye for lighting and detail I could only hope to achieve. Again, just very, very beautiful work!
    Tenno: I love the idea of drawing on his own tattoos. The details of the tattoos, also, are very beautifully executed, and they work seamlessly into one another. To me, I think your tattoo work was one of the strongest.
    Jason Rainville: All I can say is... WOW. I mean, I really have no other words to describe your talent. Your art is one of those examples of what I hope to achieve someday.

All of these users I mentioned were my favorites, but this doesn't say a whole lot since all of you possess more talent than I have ever seen in one place. I could go on and on about the amazing work that has been done here, but I think that would probably go on for pages, lol.

Daestwen: Ahhh, wips...! I guess I didn't look close enough at the rules, though I did think it was kind of strange how everyone was including wips. Guess I figured it was optional and clutter enducing, but eh. I'll remember that for the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by JessiBean View Post
    Tres Chic - The figure and pose are very nice, and I like the effort of adding in a background. Watch out for those black shadows tho, your colors are going muddy. And the brick wall is very distracting because the lighting doesn't match the rest of your scene, nor look 3 dimensional - a brick is a cube/box that will stick out from the grout, so you will have a face that catches the light along the edge closest to your light source, and then you will have shadows cast by the brick on the edge farthest from the light source ( example )
    Thank you for the crit ! Yeah, backgrounds/scenery have always been my weak point. I keep procrastinating spending time focusing on them and working on bringing that up to par with the rest of my art. I got very rushed in the end and fudged over the details of the bricks and other elements. Lighting and what the colors of those lights enduce are also weak points of mine, so I'll have to work on that as well. Again, thanks for the crits !

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres_Chic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great round.Some comments:

JessiBean:Thanks!same to you.There is always something interesting in your characters.
    Beautyful image.I love the pose, face and mood.Really effective colours and lighting
    Good story on the tatoos too.I have nothing constructive to say really, perhaps next time.

Jason Rainville:Thanks!
    Love the ligthing in your image.Really strong work.The face and the mood are great.I like the claws on the tatoo interacting with the injuries of his skin.
    I think however that the tatoo in general could be a bit more blurred and integrated with the character.

NeuroN:Nice design and colours.Really agressive ad.Good work on the tatoos.im not really sure about the bag on his
    right hand.Since is cropped it really doesn't add to much to the picture.But good work overall.

Daestwen:Very nice.The character could use some work on the proportions(mainly im repeating what
    Jessibean and Jason Rainville said) but overall i really like how you always draw normal girls.
    The tattos are great, really well done.

Zoukka:Good work and niice stylization.Good narrative on the tatoos.I like the modulated lines of the figure exept on the right
    tight(the hairy line disrupt a bit the form)The line treatment of the upper body(more rigid) is quite different form the bottomm that is more loose and dynamic.

blau:Nice idea and good story.Some parts seems a bit rushed(like the guy on the background and
    the stones on the foreground).Overall nice work.

Windsrock:I like the general look of the character.The proportions are a bit off(mainly the
    legs i think) Good expression on her face.

Ithoual:Very good.The general design is very nice but what really caught my attention was the hair.Really good
    design.The tatoos compared to the hair are a bit simple.Not a bad thing really, it just feels a bit utilitarian compared with
    how decorative is the hair.Nice work overall.

Yeshin:Very nice work on the tatoos.The body needs more work on the form and the gesture of the pose.More definition in some of the edges
    would help the image.

Tommoy:Good work.Interesting idea and nice design on the tatoo.Quite complex design.

Vaughany_boy: Good tatoo design and nice character.The hands seems to be quite big compared to the head, but perhaps is just me.

Toko te wehero: Very good painting.I really like the general look.Very good design on the character and the tatoo.

More comments later

Last edited by DIMAGYAN; March 22nd, 2010 at 11:18 PM.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DIMAGYAN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My votes.

LeoListens: A clear winner
    JessiBean: Professional worksmanship
    Reymus: Good character, has life to it and like the tattoos.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoukka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My votes are for:

Daestwen: the simplicity of your character centers all the attention in the tattoos, and they are excellently designed.

JessiBean and Jason Rainville: Both of you have done real masterpieces. We all should study how you've worked with light and shadows to give more meaning to the scene. Only thing I'm not sure about is the simplicity of the wizard's tattoos, I think it should have been a bit more worked out. Anyway, the best paintings on this round.

Dimagyan: I think your piece is just beautiful. the delicate linework, the plain colours and comic-line style have managed to convey the personality of the character in a simple, stylised way. Also love how the character stands out against the background.

Also, wanted to thank JessiBean for taking the effort of commenting on everyone's work.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abrodos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was a hard round to vote again. So many great works of art.

Thanks for crits Jessi and DIMAGYAN

O_o was a bit hurry. I don't have A3 scanner so this is a photo, there might be some warping in it :/ but yeah the head is too big
    I wasn't going to color it first but then I was just carried a way with it and I'm lucky I didn't ruin it compleatly. Maybe I will scan it in multiple pieces and try to work it more in digital form...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 771 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely round, unfortunately I bailed out because of general busyness and a total painting off day. Jessi and Jason Rainville: You guys rock and your paintings are amazing.

Best tattoo portraying character idea goes to Jan Jager though. I totally love the post-ap nuclear anarchist psycho prisoner idea

Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pixeltuner For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1