Sketchbook: finger out of ass time

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

finger out of ass time

hello my name is adam i live and work in new zealand, i have been loitering with intent on these forums for years now and quite frankly the art on here is the boom shizzle, so i have decided to put my xbox away and pull my finger out of my ass here is some stuff from over the past year and more recenlty some stuff that i have done in a life drawing class that started a couple of months ago(stuff coming in a bit)

the first couple of images were how i started i guess using a dvd from a dude called riven phoenix, at the time there wasnt a life drawing class so i found this the best place to start.(also included are some portraits that last one is of a young marlon brando did try and comment by it but still getting to grips with this thing)

please give me some constructive crits and i will return the favour cheers
    adam

ps(sorry for the naff quality of the images i only have a camera not a scanner)

Attached Images Attached Images                                
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmmmmm

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice work man, whats up with that last post?
    keep doing this stuff, who are you studying?
    you should start doing some painting man, that'd be cool. you would learn a lot from that
    keeep itt up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good stuff, just remember when your feeling lazy and cant do anymore tell yourself to shutup and keep drawing!

Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cheers storm rider some sage advice man always hard after a day at work - but as you said enough whinging more drawing

ryanoir - that last post was just a test to see if the link to my sketchbook was working er and it was working, some of the images that i posted there are from a dvd by a guy called riven phoenix you pretty much start with the skeleton and then the muscles and he talks yoiuo through everything i found it very useful for getting the basics of anatomy as at the time there were no life drawing classes near me i have a couple of bridgeman books and a couple of hogarth books now but i definately think that the dvds from that guy were very helpful and a good place to start

here are some pieces from a life drawing class it was a couple of months ago definately learnt a lot, the tutor didnt really teach us as such (do this this and this) much just kinda gave us pointers and told us to try different things but still a very good teacher non the less

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are the final images from the life drawing class and are pretty much the last thing i have drawn for the last two months apart from a couple of random doodles nothing really of any substance - half way through the classes i stumbled across kchens drawings or constructive anatomy studies they really helped and made so much sense so i decided to implement them into my drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the first week of new life drawing class

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    second week of art class - wasnt happy because there was no nude model - couldnt find one apparently so had someone sit in their clothes and drew them - was surprised because i still learnt a lot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something you might want to start looking into is rhythm in a figure. It's one of the most important things when trying to draw something and make it lively at the same time. Some good artist books for that are "Vilppu Drawing Manual" and "Force: Life Drawing for animators".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    week 3 of class - some proportion issues but the teacher recommended that i draw using my left hand did the last 2 doing that made such a difference to the drawing heaps more life to it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    week 4 - again sadly no nude model this week either was a bit p****d because i have to pay more for the course than everyone else there got told to draw the guitar - did a couple of them then got told to draw the guy with the guitar whilst he played it which was alright cause he played some mint tunes like classical gas and classico - i only knew that classico song from tenacious d pick of destiny was hard to explain to people why i was laughing

still learnt a lot but find i loose interest really quickly with a clothed model dont know why.

was also getting annoyed with faces so did a couple of digi ones got some more on the way was amazed at how much doing some digital stuff helped me understand things like tone and form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    week 5/10 - had a nude model this time which was good been looking at vilppu drawing manual(really like his adage of the fact that you can do anything you just need to break it down the knowldege and determination to do - think its time for the knowledge part) and also read through the first couple of chapters of drawing force (something like that) it definately helped a lot and made it a lot easier to get stuff down in this class the real quick drawings were about 30 seconds to a minute need to work on the old quick sketch me thinks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cheers jose - i actually have those books just been waiting for a week with a nude model to unleash

you got a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I just finished putting it together! And don't worry... Clothed models are the simplest and the funnest things to draw. You can break rules and draw them in what ever position suits the character/person best. Don't be afraid to cheat and draw what you SEE (but don't copy!) and trust me you'll have fun giving people big heads and huge jaws.
    Cheers Jose

Check out my ART BLOG
    And...
    SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man thanks for stoppin' by my thread, you've got some real cool stuff here, a life drawing class is something i've really got to start, i've been a proper drop out recently... Anyhow i'm liking your studies... Keep it up!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.