Arshes Nei - WTF?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Thumbs down Arshes Nei - WTF?

    Why are you hurt about this? WTF do you close every thread you don't agree on? we are discussing civilized, and ok, even jason had his say in there. So whats the big deal? So I don't get what is your problem? I really think people should take away your moderation rights, if you don't agree, then dont read the thread.

    This is the thread I'm talking about. Lets hope you won't close this one too, cause I have a right to diss you off, even if you don't agree with it.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183875

    Last edited by GriNGo; March 19th, 2010 at 02:46 AM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 59 Times in 53 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    if the ones with power doesnt agree with you...will use their power.

     

  3. #3
    Jovian M's Avatar
    Jovian M is offline HOW MANY PUSH-UPS CAN YOU DO? Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    917
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked 358 Times in 270 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    She didn't really give a reason to close it, now did she?

    Dunno if you need to go as far as telling Mason Janley to take away her mod powers; she obviously has 'em for a reason.

     

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,328
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 874 Times in 529 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Local drama four times a year. International drama-ongoing.

    Go vote in the who should be a new mod thread. Those people have the ability to see who is a troll, who is a fake account created just for voting, who is a fake account created just for complaining, etc. How do they do it? (sarcasm. I know how they do it. Don't care)((and frankly, I have a fake account, but don't abuse it. Go figure))

    Last edited by arttorney; March 19th, 2010 at 01:25 AM.
     

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Francisco/Norway
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 246 Times in 116 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    So, lets recap. The thread was closed because it was a random and somewhat inappropriately placed thread that turned into a discussion about whether or not someone deserves to win a scholarship, with a bunch of stuff thrown in about German artists being given magical free money (which, to the best of my knowledge sounds like absolute bullshit).

    A lot of people join these forums and of those just a few are dedicated enough to progress to a certain level, saying that because they worked hard and got good, they shouldn't have an opportunity they obviously want is disrespectful and flat out dumb.

    Jason said something in there for one reason, because some guy was rambling about people (and in the context of that thread that was basically Jason) being materialistic. Everyone knows that for most people, pursuing art means you'll have to sacrifice and work your ass off. Scholarships are a big break for an artist and any serious artist would be dumb not to go for it when given that opportunity. How anyone can say that scholarships are a bad thing is beyond me, good education costs money, that's fact, that's life, anything else is fantasy.

    If I was a mod I'd closed that thread as soon as people started naming "less deserving" artists and given anyone who did a warning for good measure.

     

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kab For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    hey hey, take it easy now, i believe the main purpose of that thread was not dissing out german artists. And dudes, the world is bigger than Europe & the US. Line "proved" that his black metal musician friends were recieving welfare - so even if not all artists benefit from it, it's clearly a better situation for people living there than for people living in South America or Malaysia for 300$ monthly pay, normal 8-10 hour jobs. Do people in your countries earn that much flipping burguers? I don't think so. That thread was more a discussion about who needs help the most: if somebody that's already VERY good, or someone who isnt that good, but has lots of potential. If you think people were dissing certain individuals, then you just didn't fucking read, or understood whatever you wanted to undertand.

    Last edited by GriNGo; March 19th, 2010 at 01:33 AM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Brazil & Texas
    Posts
    2,177
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 398 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Id like to close this one too so it doesn't waste any more precious "cheer me up" bandwidth.

    Go draw.

    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

    www.enmls.com
     

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 311 Times in 103 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    The thread itself wasn't offensive, and the discussion wasn't inappropriate or derailed (other than the fact that it wasn't about the OP's self-advertising anymore, and the whole German government side-discussion). Some people said Alpenfleiger didn't need the scholarship as much as others did (which is why they most likely voted for someone else) and that is a valid opinion. Nobody however suggested that Alpen should have had his scholarship taken away for whatever reason.

    No system is perfect? That goes without saying, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss on how the system could be improved in the future, or that we can't express our dislike over how the system works today. Having said that, there was only one person in that thread who seemed to be truly butthurt:

    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei
    Why are people so...I dunno butthurt over who wins it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei
    Hey you know what, why do they give out scholarships to left handed people, why can't they be more democratic in every scholarship that's handed out? That's just how it works. You hunt for any scholarship you can and try to get it. You win some you lose some. You can't expect everything to be some fancy Democratic setup. That includes the TAD ones. There is no perfect system. It's all run by humans who have different tastes and ideals and that's just how it is.

    Just sad and ugly. Gonna close it because people just have to twist something because of other inadequacies in life.
    Irony.

    Last edited by Armonah; March 19th, 2010 at 01:41 AM.
     

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Francisco/Norway
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 246 Times in 116 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    What was the purpose of that thread? Was it

    A: a discussion of someones worthyness of getting a break any developing artist that is serious about improvement would want.

    B: whether or not human civilization should use a trading system based around a common currency and whether or not the people should give their services away for free instead, magically creating a world of love and happiness.

    C: whether or not German artists recieve scholarships or financial aid to aid in their creation of cultural content.

    D: a plea for a vote.

    E: A meaningsless ramble on all of the above

    I'd say Arshes did one thing wrong, not closing it at first sight. I mean, start calling people out for pursuing their best interest in a free-for-all competition is just low, and I'm feeling like I am furthering the argument by responding, so I'll just shut up...

    Armonah:
    The discussion was just that, derailed and inappropriate in many ways.

    Last edited by kab; March 19th, 2010 at 01:45 AM.
     

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kab For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,328
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 874 Times in 529 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    If that's (last Gringo post) about my post, then you're right. I didn't read everything. Here's why:

    Local drama- every three months we have to start acting like a bunch of bitches on CA for no apparent reason. I'm kind of tired of it.

    International drama- lots of complete jackasses want to kill each other over lame things like religion and national boundaries and, at least for me, that puts a thing like a few hundred bucks into perspective. Hence do not care about the scholarships.

     

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    IanE - I kinda draw better than you, so I think you should devote more time to that.
    RAB - It was a D that turned into an A. The rest is you trying to look smarter.
    Arttorney - my post was more about RAB's first reply. Anyways, i don't think the original thread was people getting pissed, or international hatred or something. it was a civilized discussion... do go read it.

    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Francisco/Norway
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 246 Times in 116 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Actually, it was D until post three or so, when you felt you had to throw someones name in there, stating that they were less deserving of getting a scholarship because you thought he was good enough to get a job at his current skill level. If you think that someone is more deserving, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But I can't imagine why you felt it was necessary to point him out as being less deserving. I just want to point out the fact that outside of the level of his work and his country of residence, you probably know nothing about Algen's situation, financial or personal. I would say it is in very poor etiquette to talk about people deserving this and that with such a limited knowledge of the situation. But to each his own, I guess... I have no stake in who gets the scholarship, just stating an opinion, that that kind of discussion was inappropriate, unecessary and disrespectful to someone who after all has no advantage in the competition other than the rewards of hard work and dedication, to his work and obviously to this community.

    Last edited by kab; March 19th, 2010 at 02:12 AM.
     

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kab For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Uh, no, I was just explaining my reasons why I voted for Yinteck, NOT why Algen shouldn't deserve it. Go read again. I really don't care about Algens personal situation - his work seems to show that he has gotten over it anyhow. He's a fine example of a hard working artist. But yeah, I kinda think other people are also AS HARDWORKING as he is, in less fortunate circumstances. Wanna come live in a 3rd world country for a couple of years? Could you survive our circumstances (yinteck's, mines, etc)?

    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    *sigh*


     

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Culo For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    BlightedArt's Avatar
    BlightedArt is offline That annoying itch you just can't seem to scratch Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanks
    1,110
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    *Writes on the dirty rear window of this thread:*

    "Please Lock Me."

     

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to BlightedArt For This Useful Post:


  25. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,819
    Thanks
    1,540
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    kab, threads don't need to be closed because you want to decide what people are allowed to talk about. I dont think Gringo's reaction is necessary (with all the cursing an all... lock is imminent) but it is somewhat annoying when a few moderators go a power trip and just close any thread that isnt going their way.

    So if you were a mod, I think you should look up to those without huge egos like Elwell and others, I dont see him lock threads that often.

     

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nauvice For This Useful Post:


  27. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Francisco/Norway
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 246 Times in 116 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I've read it, multiple times, and it's still offensive towards Algenpfleger.

    "I'd rather vote for Yinteck, than for algenpfleger, you know why? Cause algenpfleger already could be WORKING in some company/freelance with the quality of work he already makes, YINTECK still needs that push to make his work become stellar. I prefer to help one who REALLY NEEDS HELP, then kiss ass all the time. And don't get me started with the 1st world /3rd world issues..."

    You are already ranting here, saying that one is more worthy than another, with no real reason to believe so other than geographical location, bringing about a discussion on someones worthyness based on a severely limited amount of knowledge.

    I might be a spoiled Norwegian, but atleast I don't go around ranking people based on their location in the world according to stereotypes. You can work as hard as you want, but unless you give people respect, you won't be treated with respect. Take a look at this thread and see how you come across to a mod who is doing her job. You say that it is your right to diss her, well, you are wrong about that. Like Jason has said repeatedly, this forum does not give you the right to do anything, you do not have freedom of speech or action on here. Instead, if you abide by it's rules and play nice, you are allowed to stay and partake in a community of artists and creative people who share knowledge and respect. I suggest you think about that fact and just be happy that you weren't hit flat in the head with the banhammer for making this thread in the first place, there are a million forums and mods out there who would have done so in a heartbeat.

    Z Warrior: it's not about what I, or any of the mods, want to have discussed, it is whether or not the mods let a discussion of someone's socalled worthyness that is rapidly becoming heated go on without taking action. The mods on CA generally do a damn good job of keeping personal attacks of any nature to a minimum, and Elwell is a shining example of that. If you have a problem with a mod, take it up with them via PM instead of making a thread calling them out. I'm sure they appreciate the input if you tell them in a civilized way and you might actually do some good for the forums instead of stir up additional drama.

    Over and out...

    -Kim

    Last edited by kab; March 19th, 2010 at 02:50 AM.
     

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kab For This Useful Post:


  29. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Culo - 17 posts. Nuff said.
    Blighted Thread - This won't survive a day I'm sure.
    Zwarrior - You read my mind man.
    Kab- What sterotype did I talk about? The "stereotype" that Algen's work is already PRO LEVEL? I never discussed his worthiness or anything related! STFU about that. Everything else you say is pure bla bla. so whatever.

    Last edited by GriNGo; March 19th, 2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: cause i can
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:


  31. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,888
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I didn't get to comment before it was locked, I was working up to it, trying to get a feel for what everyone was saying before I came in.

    I'm not trying to be inflammatory when I say this but I think people seriously need to reconsider their priorities. This goes a little beyond that particular thread as I have seen threads in the past that seem to share the same tone. We as aspiring artists need to understand what we're getting into and what it takes to pull it off with marginal success. Some people just don't seem to get it.

    It would be disingenuous for me to point the finger at others while acting like I am above it, so I want to say that I'm not. As much as I hate it sometimes, I have a better job than most for someone my age with no more than a high-school degree. The reason I wasn't able to sign up for the art department was because instead of taking advantage of such an opportunity, I've spent my hard earned dollar on shit I don't need. My priorities are completely out of wack. I realize this. I know that I could pay my way for at least a semester if I had thought about my future instead of temporary happiness.

    I see people putting themselves, maybe due to naivety, into situations they don't need to be. Much like how I put myself in a bad position. I'm gonna quote an example.

    I've got plenty of damn bills to pay, a dental situation that's eating away my savings from my tech support job (for an incredibly crappy, somewhat corrupt company) to a point of near financial ruin, a wife to support in addition to figuring out a way out of it all. I've moved 900 miles across the country twice in the past two years, have had to buy 2 cars, and am still without any type of insurance in spite of my efforts.
    And I'm not picking on the guy who said this because I think there are a lot of people around here in a similar situation and I would like to address you all.

    Firstly, disregarding the statement "a wife to support" because she needs to support herself, but why get in a long-term or very serious relationship knowing full well that you might not be able to stick around to enjoy it? I know there are various rationalizations but the bottom line is that none of us are in the position to settle down yet. No wonder you need money so bad you're having to support two people instead of one. And it's your own decision to be in that position. It's not Jason Manley's fault, it's not the economy's fault or George Bush's fault or Barack Obama's fault. You chose to get involved with someone without the means to back it up. This is what I am talking about with priorities.

    It's not heartless, or cold, or emotionless to be intelligent about major life decisions like getting married. If it's true love it can wait, and if the person is any bit bright they will understand. Hold off on marriage, chase your dreams because ,hey, they're your dreams not hers and then figure out a way to make it work once you have a solid career.

    And I could go on all night about other things like having fifty pets or brand new computers. But hopefully you guys get what I am saying by now. It's not all about wasteful spending either but about wasteful decisions.

    Think really really really hard about what you want. If you want to be an artist then that's going to have to be at the top of your list. Don't look to other people for what you want. Everything you do that doesn't help you achieve that goal is just another weight. I know that's going to sound really cold to you guys because you're all usually a bunch of sweethearts. But it's not fair to drag other people along with you and it's not fair to yourself. You just have to start getting things in order and know what exactly you want out of life. We all need to.

    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."
     

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Francisco/Norway
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 246 Times in 116 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GriNGo View Post
    Culo - 17 posts. Nuff said.
    Blighted Thread - This won't survive a day I'm sure.
    Zwarrior - You read my mind man.
    What sterotype did I talk about? The "stereotype" that Algen's work is already PRO LEVEL? Everything else you say is pure bla bla. so whatever.
    The fact that you simply assume that one "needs" it more than the other based on the fact Algen is German, while Yin is from Malaysia... Which is what I got from your shouting and ranting on about "first/third world country issues" or whatever.

    If you think mutual respect and reason is "bla, bla, bla" then that's your loss, trust me. And for this being locked, Arshes Nei has been reading this thread since it was opened, no doubt having a grand old time

     

  34. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWeisel View Post
    Think really really really hard about what you want. If you want to be an artist then that's going to have to be at the top of your list. Don't look to other people for what you want. Everything you do that doesn't help you achieve that goal is just another weight. I know that's going to sound really cold to you guys because you're all usually a bunch of sweethearts. But it's not fair to drag other people along with you and it's not fair to yourself. You just have to start getting things in order and know what exactly you want out of life. We all need to.
    Thanks man, love this. This is the type of replies Arshes Nei doesn't want us mortals to discuss. It's too hurtful and full of hate, and jealousy. We definitley are bad people, who don't deserve to discuss anything.

    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  35. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kab View Post
    The fact that you simply assume that one "needs" it more than the other based on the fact Algen is German, while Yin is from Malaysia... Which is what I got from your shouting and ranting on about "first/third world country issues" or whatever.
    Nope, I based my decision to vote for Yinteck cause he's clearly not there yet, and "needs" the help... but on the other hand Algen, well just check out his work. And at the beggining of the post I think you forgot to read that i said "anybody can vote for whoever he wants". So stop kissing Arshes Nei's ass.

    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:


  37. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Malaysia o/`
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    976
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Can't we all just get along?

     

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crossmirage For This Useful Post:


  39. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Francisco/Norway
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 246 Times in 116 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Whether or not you were taking location into account (which I am sure you were by the way you keep mentioning "third world this and that"), it all cooks down to the fact that you were being an asshole when pointing out someone like that, and your inecessary naming of Algen in there turned that thread into a personal attack on him more than anything, which should've been closed a lot earlier than it was.

     

  40. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Location IS IMPORTANT for these types of situations (scholarships). I'm pretty sure if you came from an underpriviledged situation, you would say the same. But since you don't then whatever. It was no personal attack, Jason would've closed the thread if he though it was. We know how he is. He doesn't tolerate. I initially replied to the thread cause certain fellows were like "that's not fair Yinteck! Why the heck should i vote for you and not for algen heh?" And a rather interesting discussion started. You don't know how to read english, that's it, your ranting is based on your misunderstanding. Stick to norwegian. Well anyways, good night. enough being pissed off for a day.

    Last edited by GriNGo; March 19th, 2010 at 03:28 AM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  41. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Francisco/Norway
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 246 Times in 116 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    When Jason posted the discussion was still in it's infancy, I'm not saying your post was an attack in itself, but it was surely unnecessary. It became a discussion about whether or not Algen was worthy of the scholarship, that is an attack at him, even if the reason why he wouldn't be was his skill and location.

    And I am not saying Arshes handled that thread in a good way, however, the discussion was not constructive and was headed towards ugly, and this sure isn't the way to adress your issues with the mod-squad.

    And I think I read English just fine, thank you. If you want to argue with me regarding my english or anything else, feel free to send me a PM, but don't throw it in here to derail this fantastic thread of yours.

    There's a difference between ranting and making an argument, you starting this thread sure doesn't fall in the last category.

    Last edited by kab; March 19th, 2010 at 03:32 AM.
     

  42. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,119
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 503 Times in 314 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Scholarships are always awarded based on merit -- that's why people have to send in portfolios to get them? This was clearly not a needs based scholarship since there was a public poll with only their artwork and no financial/personal information about the applicants. Whoever's best gets it. Simple as that, and no need to go around whining 'cause someone's good.

     

  43. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RyerOrdStar For This Useful Post:


  44. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quito - Ecuador
    Posts
    3,125
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 333 Times in 223 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    RyerOrdStar - read the original thread. We discussed that excuse.

    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
     

  45. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    419
    Thanked 207 Times in 119 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Gringo if you want to have a normal discussion about the Scholarships and how to help the other members who canīt afford it but shows potential with the limited resources they have because of several reasons. You could have pm arshes nei and ask to re-open the thread. And not to diss her in public.

    Itīs different to say what can be improved ,than to go over to algenpfleger and to compare him with other nominates on the situations they live on , where you exactly donīt know about ,what they have been gone through.

    So what can be done to help members without professional training?

    -you can help to improve the reference and ressource section ! Organized Knowledge to give back ,is one of the most important thing for artists.

    -the mentor section could be renewed , iīm sure there can be a way to bring more to it again than now

    -look what Mr.Delicious does with his dagger team ,tons to learn from his lifestream!

    -Contests where wacom tablets,software .portfolio reviews and learning books can be a prize

    To help those people with limited resources, is how to help this site to grow. And to show respect to other people around you , as well.

    Last edited by Cerasela; March 19th, 2010 at 03:55 AM.
     

  46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cerasela For This Useful Post:


  47. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,119
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 503 Times in 314 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GriNGo View Post
    RyerOrdStar - read the original thread. We discussed that excuse.
    I've read the original thread. Doesn't change anything. It's not an 'excuse'. It's how scholarships work. I don't care if a millionaire got it -- if he's the best, he deserves it. Now, a millionaire would probably return it (hopefully), but something tells me that no matter how people think Algen is in real life, he's not near wealthy enough to be able to return the money because he doesn't 'need' it.

    And as a side note it's incredibly disrespectful and crass to talk about another artist like that.

     

  48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RyerOrdStar For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •