C.O.W. # 171-Giant Amphibious War Beast-Voting! Thread - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: PIck your favorite Amphibious War Beast!

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liffey

0 0%
  • Shadoworen117

1 1.05%
  • Paolo13

0 0%
  • TimM

0 0%
  • Natzuur-JK

2 2.11%
  • Vyse

5 5.26%
  • nram

3 3.16%
  • njoo

16 16.84%
  • emerging

8 8.42%
  • (lark

0 0%
  • Bel696

27 28.42%
  • Soupandbutter

2 2.11%
  • Reymus

2 2.11%
  • Fiddzy

0 0%
  • Rob Sample

0 0%
  • AcidSev

0 0%
  • DefiledVisions

5 5.26%
  • Si Swe

4 4.21%
  • Arteater

0 0%
  • skullbeast

1 1.05%
  • zypherax

0 0%
  • RayTwicket

1 1.05%
  • McGhoul

0 0%
  • JanJager

3 3.16%
  • Lege1

0 0%
  • scorge

14 14.74%
  • Stimpy

1 1.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C.O.W. # 171-Giant Amphibious War Beast-Voting! Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 387 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Scorge

Concept: Orca War Beast
    Best known for their intelligence and extreme cunning, not to mention brute force when necessary, This Orca like creature has adapted the traits and attributes of some of its equally dangerous sea brethren.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for njoo. He showed me why hes won so many of these. Pretty amazing design without many if any flaws. I'm pretty jealous of you man, and you really give me something to strive for.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for DefiledVisions. Really taken with the color and pose on this one. Plus it's not a crab! Hehe-Heh.....Ahem.

Two cuts this week and a few that just barely made the list.

weigetie and Abrodos: Your creatures have little to no form guys. Abrodos, I like your comp, but the creature design isn't there. weigetie, to be honest, it looks like this took you all of five minutes. Try not to get locked into an idea too soon. You have to give it time to develop and it doesn't look like that happened here. Remember, nothing personal guys, just have to have some standards.

Damn close: McGhoul, paolo13, and Shadoworen117. You guys really need to work on the presentation and design aspect of the creatures. Instead of going for the scenes, I think more focus on your design, and drawing skills is needed.

Take advantage of the time you guys are given and really give each competition all you can. If you need help with anything, composition, color, drawing techniques, best tools or whatever please ask. I know we're here to have fun, but we also want to get better right? Anyway, see you all in the next round.

Check it out

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Natzuur-JK is offline Arrrggghhh im a..... ninja? Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for DefiledVisions, but it was a tough call.

Bel696: Excellent color and style, I wish it was a bit bigger though.

Njoo: You make it look effortless, simple but effective.

Everyone else, good work. Cya next round!

Freelance/general inquiries @: Natzuur@gmail.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Natzuur-JK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 531 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Liffey - Cute little fella'. I understand that the context forgives this but at least one of his feet should be readable instead of dark blurs. Try creating more defined forms using light and shadow.
    Shadowren117 - Parts of the creature are kind of hard to read. What is on it's head and back? Try refining the design with smaller details, and by cleaning up the outline. As (I think it was) GoldenSerpent said no outline or a clean solid one anything in between looks a little awkward.
    Paolo13 - This is really hard to read. What is it eating? How much of the design is the creature? It looks like not that much of the creature is visible.
    TimM - Hail to the octopus, king of the neon lights. This piece would benefit from dynamic use of shadow and separation of the tentacles to create a better silhouette.
    Natzuur-JK - While a cool design, try upping the size of your brush, at the moment you are relying too heavily on use of line to create form and texture.
    weigetie - Very hard piece to read. It looks like you need to spend more time on the actual design of the creature. I would also refrain from using spatter brushes to create the splashes like you did. In future rounds I'd focus on the creature itself, then step back and say "does this creature look cool?" rather than "does this scene look cool?"
    Vyse - This is beautifully rendered and super atmospheric. The problem is that I had so much trouble separating creature and background. Even a just making the hues on the beast or enviro a bit warmer would have helped this. Great creature though with killer execution.
    nram - A cool design and dynamic scene that are plagued by strange lighting. Studying light and form would help your piece.
    Abrodos - Another case of cool scene that fails to design a creature. It's a great scene and it looks like you painted that in acrylics, but COW is about creature design and your creature appears to be little more than a pink, roaring mass.
    emerging - I love your soft style of rendering, its really easy on the eyes. This piece has a lot of movement and the creature is cool overall but I have two main gripes. 1) I feel like the creature should be more than just vermillion. The design beckons for at least two tones if not a pattern on the upper plates. 2) I want to see a little more refinement on the back portion of the creature, even if it's super light and all it consists of is light texturing. On the other hand it's a beautiful piece that I feel works very will within the week's concept.
    (lark - Great sense of scaling and creation of a dynamic scene and can almost feel the effort of that beast pulling itself across the sand. It doesn't look like it would be that effective at moving on land though, even if it was amphibious. Like with emerging's piece, I feel that the creature should feature more than the one hue. It begs to have patterning of some sort on it's skin.
    Bel696 - This piece I almost voted for. It's really stunning. Gorgeous rendering, so dynamic, and... is that a mudkip? I have only one gripe about the piece and it's the only reason I put it out of the running for who I would vote for. I can't see a good deal of the creature because of the pose. Compositionally it works perfectly, but from a creature design standpoint it leaves me grasping for more torso.
    SoupandButter - Nice lobster, well rendered. The turquoise water is really gorgeous. Again, I'd love to see more of the creature. I can't see any of it's legs other than it's pincers, and I can't see it's tail. Both of these elements strike me as pretty important to showcase they being it's two main methods of locomotion.
    Reymus - Epic sense of scale. That creature is massive. It's forearms look a little small, though. Like they couldn't reach anything, which bring a very humorous image to mind of the creature flailing it's arms with a big cookie held just out of reach of it's pincers.
    Fiddzy - Very unique design, which you managed to get across even with much of the creature underwater. Try to avoid straight black as much you can, it's a rule in oil painting and it applies just as well in digital painting; it just looks a little flat.
    Stimpy - Funny-looking fella' here. The skin itself is beautifully rendered. Are it's plates covered in algae and seaweed? They look overgrown and plantlike. I can't imagine it moving at all, though, which is sort of a problem.
    Rob Sample - Nice sense of scale. It looks like an intaglio print of something from Shadow of the Colossus. Increasing the brightness on the creature overall would help establish it as in the midground which would make it look much larger. It looks a bit too on the level with those people on the cliff right now.
    Acidsev - Cool stuff, he looks fast. A few things to look at. He has no shadow which makes him seem a little oddly positioned in the space. His left side needs much more attention, since it looks unrefined in comparison the the right side. His head spikes look a little uneven, too. On more thing to look at would be tone. Right now you have two real tones, the dark and the light, desaturate your image every once in a while to see if there is a good distribution of highlights, darks and midtones.
    DefiledVisions - Oh DefiledVisions how I love your work. This being no exception. I love how it's patterning looks lambent. The feet look a little less attended to, though (use all those hand drawing skills you've been working on, man). That and a little more definition in the background and I would have voted for you. Killer work, though, keep it up and I hope to see many more COWs with you.
    Arteater - While this is a really cool creature and a great piece overall I have a couple of issues with the piece. The first is something purely based on the concept. The theme this week was giant amphibious war machine and while I see parts 2 and 3 of that, the giant aspect is lost to me. You've clearly made a scaling device to show what a full grown one would look like, so make the one in the highly refined image a full grown one. The other problem I have is that because of the high contrast nature of your piece it's legs are entirely immersed in blackness making them impossible to read. It's a great scene/illustration. But I don't feel it works as a 'giant amphibious war machine'.
    skullbeast - Very creepy, unique overall design. There's a little too much white in this piece, though, which is something to avoid. Your piece would benefit from creating cleaner edges to help create solid forms.
    Zypherax - There's one thing that confused me about your piece all along. The pose seems to suggest it's walking in a bipedal manner, but the design seems to suggest a quadriped. I would up the size of your brush by a bit and work on creating more solid form. Colour palette would also benefit the piece. It is fairly desaturated and lacks warm tones. Cool creature though, nice design and some cool textures.
    RayTwicket - I would start lowering brush sizes when creating certain smaller forms, since some of the thin pieces of this creature look clumsy and almost inflated. It's a very original design, but I don't feel that it would be able to live outside of water which I feel doesn't work for the concept theme.
    McGhoul - Creepy beast here. He looks almost perverse. You need to work a lot with tone. This piece is mostly midtones with almost no highlights (the reflections on the eyes being the only ones). In the future I would focus on the design of the creature, rather than putting it in context. Study light and shadow and start thinking about texture as a key element.
    JanJager - JanJager, you constantly impress me with your ability to enter into three weekly competitions every week and put out high grade work in all three. This piece was really hard to read at first, but at this size it's very impressive. Excellent piece with stellar rendering, I'm just not a big fan of the actual design of the creature.
    Lege1 - The pose on this guy is still a little awkward, like it has a crick in its neck. You may want to darken up that rock and girl on it, which would help establish them as the foreground and would really create depth and scale in the piece.
    scorge - To be honest I liked the WIP before this one a bit better, with it still having the orca colours. The musculature on the back forearm seems a little off where it should connect with the torso and I feel like I should be able to see a little bit more of the splash behind it. Other than that, great rendering and textures I love the patterning on it's fin and all the scarring on it's skin really fits with the theme.

There were some really killer entries this round, but overall it had to go to.
    njoo - I think njoo has demonstrated the topic very, very well. The creature looks like it would be amphibious, dangerous and tank-like. It's a dynamic enough to pique my interest but shows off the whole creature. While I think the eyestalks look a little oddly positioned I think the overall design is damn cool if a little similar in some ways to his Stinky Swamp Devil.

Check out creature designs and make some of your own:
    Creature of the Week; Creature Spot

View Simon Sweetman's art etc. at:
    Art Blog:May Contain Dragons; Personal Website; Twitter: @SiSweetman; Livestream Channel

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Si_Swe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Njoo, it is just a nice work, love the style and the composition!!!

Ciao

CA_Sketchbook
    Gray Zone Portfolio
    Paolo13 on FB

"As a concept artist, it is not the question that is important, it is the unexpected answer" William B Hand

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hm, no, definately took me more than 5 minutes
    worked on multiple shapes and creatures and thought this was the best looking, though perhaps indeed i focused more on the whole thing rather than just the creature
    itīs kinda my first non-real drawing i made ever

kinda disappointed that I have to hear NOW that the design was boring, after posting at least 3 wips in the main thread and asking for any kind of comment but not getting any

apparently, just someone saying "the actual creature is boring, it needs alot more work/detail/shape/etc whatever" would've been enough...

making this sentance kindof a stab in the.. well wherever, it stabs:
    Take advantage of the time you guys are given and really give each competition all you can. If you need help with anything, composition, color, drawing techniques, best tools or whatever please ask. I know we're here to have fun, but we also want to get better right? Anyway, see you all in the next round.

but cool, this cow is over, lots of cool results, ill focus more on actual creature design and just prey for some comments

Last edited by wiegetie; March 29th, 2010 at 05:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for scorge. man i was in love with that design from the wip you posted. it is awesome. but the others were all really good. the crabs were all awesome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted JanJager - to me, he nailed it with the cloverfield atmosphere and slimy/amphibian look of that creature.

great entries from everyone, really liked scorgeīs as well. missed Lord Mīs creature...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ninety9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have not got time to comment on them all this week, so I shall just do a few of mt closely matched favorites...

Vyse - Fantastic piece, with beautiful rending and atmosphere, that really showcases the dark and moody tone of this monster patrolled coastline. Although like others have said, they blend into their surroundings to much.

nJoo - Love the rendering and unique style of this piece, I can also picture the scene beautifully with this beasts charging along into battle.

Abrodos - Really like the scene, although its very hard to make out what the monster is meant to be. Maybe putting some more detail around the head and face might of helped sell its anatomy more.

Bel696 - truly epic rendering, it looks awesome, particularly the sheen on its amphibious skin. I also love the tiny Mudkip like creature However I do find it hard to interpret whats going on? Is the creature pouncing towards them or tripping over something and falling off the cliff face?

SoupAndButter - The Colour and damp textures on this piece are excellent, really making it standout. Although it would have been nice to see more of the creature however.

Reymus - I love the concept of this creature design, and your piece really sells its gigantic size. The textures of the shell also look great however the overall creature dose look a little 2D. However because of the concept and unique take of a massive walking amphibious fortress, you get my Vote!!! Great job.

DefiledVisions - I always love your rendering style, and here its no exception as it looks fantastic with bold colours that really stand-out and great anatomy. Although despite the webbed feet and sea Iguana qualities I personally see it more as a land beast than an amphibious one.

Si_Swe - First I would like to say thanks for the crit, I will definitely try and avoid using heavy black tones in the future. I also really love your creature design, using water as a weapon was a great touch and its good that you showed how it would look building up to its attack.

Arteater - While your artwork looks great I have two issues with it. 1. the zombie seems to draw more focus than the actual creature due to it being confined to the shadows, and 2. while I really like the smaller versions design I think that for this brief showing the adult version would have been more beneficial.

Anyways, that's all I have time for. Great work everyone. This was a really good C.O.W to work on.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fiddzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Although I loved Bel696 rendering and style, I had to vote Scorge because I liked the overall concept and rendering.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for emerging, crab-buddies gonna stick together!
    I like DefileldVisionīs and njooīs as well.

Bel696 should be disqualified i think, because of unfair methods. Heīs got a mudkip, of course heīs going to win!!!1
    (Nah just kidding... awesum stuff!)

About mine; thanks guys, appreciate your nice words
    Yeah, it might not stand out from the bg that much.... but thatīs because of its camouflage, dīoh! It, uhm... perfectly... blends with its environment! Yeah, thatīs it...
    SHADDAP >__<!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys some wicked designs! Loving many entries. This is gonna take me another hour at least haha

Here we go!

Liffey
    Cute "Little" guy (or girl haha). I like the colors and style but i wish the gills were rendered with a little more care. They keep grabbing my attention for the fact that they look so different from the overall execution style. I think if you spent some more time on polishing the whole painting it would be even more awesome than it is!

Shadoworen117
    Very unique overexposing style. I'm digging the color contrasts. Seems like the usual blue/orange but then you swapped the blue with cyan and it made it look much more fresh. I was wishing for more details in terms of creature's anatomy.

Paolo13
    Pretty cool creature that reminded me of Half-Life. And i love Half-Life and the creatures from it. I guess i wanted to see more of the actual creature and how it can be considered an amphibian - walking on land. It is also a little bit confusing as to what is going on. I think the main thing that would improve both of those is if you expanded your canvas to show us more.

TimM
    That is really bright and refreshing! And i am a big fan of magenta and purple hues haha. Pretty interesing idea but i think you could take anatomy more into consideration. I don't know if it's the bright colors that are also throwing me off but i feel like this creature is missing some weight when it looks like technically it needs to be massively heavy.

Natzuur-JK
    Very nice colors and rendering. Gives off a truly magical atmosphere. I think the design of the creature could have been better. Also, the person sitting at the very back of the creature doesn't make much practical sense - the vision is limited and it's hard to stay there without falling since hips will move a lot.

Vyse
    Really nice design of the creature. You did a good job by taking a crab/lobster-like form and making it not boring. I like the uniqueness of the rendering and colors as well. The only thing i have problem with is the fact that the creature kind of gets lost in the surroundings. I wish i could see this creature separate on almost white background with only a few hints of landscape.

nram
    I like how your creature really gives off this "huge" feel. Something very important in this COW. I think if you improve on your rendering (which just comes with practice and time) your works are gonna be top notch.

njoo
    Nice different anime-like style. I love the design especially the flaps on the creature. At the same time though this style makes the creature lose some form and 3D feel. I think making the underneath of the creature a little darker would benefit the pic.

emerging - myself
    Pretty nice rendering and dynamic pose. The creature itself though is a little bit boring for the fact that i was lazy/scared to try and experiment with some more colors to come in with some kind of pattern and introduce it on this creature. Could have been much better if more details were added to the design and color.

(lark
    I quite enjoy the linework on your wips and the composition achieved through this angle in your work. I wish the head was modified in a way more daring fashion to get away from the human or octopus kinda look. I also think the orange/red hues are a little overpowering. Overall i think you did a really good job drawing this but painting is something you can improve on.

Bel696
    really nice rendering man. I dig the subtle browns. The turquoise/green water is really adding a lot to the whole feel of it. The picture is very dynamic but i do have a problem telling what is going on. I also have trouble differentiating where the creature ends and where the background starts in some areas. Good job on the details though! fine work!

Soupandbutter
    The size of the picture and the creature on it really makes this piece stand out. I also enjoy the colors. I think the only thing that i would love to see is some more curvature to the body of the creature.

Reymus
    Really really cool concept. I didn't realize how humongous that thing is until having a second look. It actually has a city built on it. Great idea.

Fiddzy
    I think you did a really good job on the tentacles and the water on them. The creature itself is quite unique. I wish i could take a look at it at a closer range. And i think the rendering just needs to be improved.

Rob Sample
    Nice toad! I like everything about this beastie but i really wish it was rendered with some sharper brushes

AcidSev
    This is actually a pretty nice drawing. I like the details on the creatures back. My biggest issue i guess would be the design of the creatures head. Just thinking it could be a better design and the work would benefit a lot from it.

DefiledVisions
    Pretty nice design and rendering. I like the cyan glowing patterns on his skin. What is really throwing me off is the rendering at the bottom of the painting inluding the white rock? the creature is on. It is so poorly done compared to the creature that it throws me off. Overall though, nice concept.

Si Swe
    Your creature is quite cute. I like the colors you used for this giant. I also like the idea of it being able to spray. I guess one thing i was wishing for was just some better rendering.

Arteater
    Pretty nice style and concept. I am not really seeing the amphibious side of this creature. I also wish that concept of the adult version was better rendered/more visible. Good job.

skullbeast
    Looks like a very very complicated creature! I like its uniqueness. The only problem would be it's legs that don't seems to project the strength needed to move around such a huge body.

zypherax
    Nice crab-like details and morphs. You have improved it dramatically since the first wip. The only thing that's a little off is i guess the fact that those people are just standing there and if you imagine this creature move it would seem that those people can almost fall out.

RayTwicket
    Pretty nice detailed design. i like the fact that you took it under water.
    I also enjoy all the marine life elements that you included. I just wish for a better rendering. Right now it seems like the creature is not in the water. I think you should leak more blues into the creature especially in the shadow part.

McGhoul
    I like the fact that you took walrus as a base for your creature. I think you are missing a light source. Looks like there is no shadow either. Try to imagine the light above him and always keep that in your mind when you paint.

JanJager
    Good job on distinguishing the creature from the overall environment. Your wip looked good but i had trouble reading into what is going on even though i technically knew what is going on. The whole picture though is quite an epic moment! I like the fact that you made a top view successful here.

Lege1
    I really enjoy the colors on the creature. I think the jaw is anatomically designed incorrectly. I feel that the gills design could be improved as well.

scorge
    Nice rendering and detail work man (as usually). I enjoy everything except the smudged water beside the tail. It just clicks in my head and alarms to me "photoshop smudge tool!!!". Other than that nice creature.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to emerging For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nram: To be honest, I don't like the design of your creature that much. From the moment I saw it (and this was enforced by the icon at the bottom of the picture) it just struck me as "Orca with legs", and didn't look that imaginative. Not saying it's bad to use reference from real animals, even when it's pretty obvious which parts were (like scorge did with his entry, which has obvious parts from an orca and hammerhead shark in it) but it doesn't feel like you created a whole new creature design.

arteater: The focus on this piece seems more to be on the scene (and the zombie itself) than the creature. Half of it can't even be seen because it's covered by shadows. It's a beautiful piece, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it went beyond the goal of COW, which is designing the creature.
    It's also a bit weird that the thumbnail shows the giant amphibious version, while the final piece shows something that looks like a war-mount. Not only because it's smaller, but also because it looks a lot more slender and mobile. They could be entirely different creatures.

DefiledVisions: The only thing that kind of bothers me is the creature's second left front paw. At a first glance it looks oddly positioned (is it standing on the rock? Raised in the air?)
    For the rest though, no complaints. Creature looks awesome

Si_Swe:
    I like it that you showed extra images to show how your creature fights. I think that was a good idea

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Armonah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Liffy - Bessy is very cute despite her massive choppers and matching appetite!

Shadoworen117 - Great concept! Your Diamond-skin Whale doesn't seem like he needs the artillery, but since he Is a War Beast I suppose some big guns are a welcome bonus.

Paolo13 - I like what you've done with your "megaupload" beastie, although I'd love to see more of the creature in your rendered piece. Hey! What happened to the rider in your WIP?! Nice work!

TimM - Very cool! I really like the bright glows/colors you used and the additions of the Re-breather devices to the Cthuloid Juggernaut is very cool.

Natzuur-jk - I'm loving your Beasts of Aquarion piece. The atmosphere/setting is great and the bioluminescence adds a really nice effect!

Wiegetie - Your Spheniscidae Masculine is a fun concept LOL. I like the attention you gave to the waves and water dripping from the beast as he rises out of the sea. I feel that you could definitely push these details further though. Nice work!

Vyse - The Crab-Claw Dragon is an Awesome concept and your rendering is Beautiful!

nram - Your idea of the orca reverting/mutating back to having legs is great. You've done an excellent job porting your Saturna blackdeath. I really get a sense of his massiveness/volume as well as his "wetness" very nice rendering!

Abrodos - Your Colossus gilled seal piece has a real epic feel to it! Excellent work.

nJoo - I love it nJoo! Your Mjölner Warbeast piece is just fantastic!

emerging - I really like the dynamism of your Omarion. Great details and colors, and the way you have the rider holding on is a nice touch!

(lark - Great concept and very dynamic composition. I especially like how you explained the Octopedis Gigantus having evolved to have "bearish" ends on its tentacles as weapons and as a means of pulling itself around on land - very cool!

Bel696 - Megalaxolotl is a great concept and a beautiful piece of art. I like that you included the person holding the youngling captive.

SoupAndButter - Amazing! Your Deep Sea War Lobster is one formidable beastie. I'm amazed by the way you've painted the water and shine on this guy. Awesome work!

Reymus - Wow! So the Glacier Cracker is HUUUUUUUGE! I love it.

Fiddzy - Neptune’s Spire has got to be the most unique concept of the lot! Very cool concept and design! I'm curious as to what the submerged part of the beast looks like

Stimpy - Excellent concept. I love the rendering of the Armoured Toad's skin and plates!

Rob Sample - Love your Jormun'lau concept and description. He's massive! Great stuff!

AcidSev - I like your Arnoch, though without any other objects in the piece to refer to for scale I'm wondering how large you intended him to be. I especially like his unique feet and his spiked head is great! I understand that you ran out of time... Glad you were able to get him done enough to submit!

DefiledVisions - Yikes! That Green Coast-thrasher is one mean looking monster. The scales and colors and textures are all fantastic! Great concept. Love the half-body in its hands! huh

Si_Swe -Awesome concept with your Bufo Terrasquous. Love the steam breath concept and close-up visualization of the expulsion! Excellent texturing and colors!

Arteater - Excllent concept with your Grezoni! I rely like the idea of how they carry one rider when young, but then grow to carry larger loads later in life. I like what I see… but I wish I could see more of what is hidden in the shadows!

skullbeast - The Mouth of War is just terrifying! There is a lot going on with this guy - legs! claws! teeth! mouths! tentacles! tendrils! and more! I think you did an awesome job tying all of these element together to create a horrifying, but very believable looking beast! Awesome work!

Zypherax - Your Hemafoat design is very cool, and I get a very good sense of scale with the people "on board" as well as the folks below who are preparing to run for their lives! Excellent textures and details.

RayTwicket - "…bore into the beast's head… for use as heavy armor…" - your Sea Biscuit concept is just gross! Not that that is a bad thing! Great concept!

McGhoul - I like that you went with a mammalian (Walrus) mutation with your Fellrus. I recall you started out with a turtle-beast at first, right? I think the Fellrus is a much more interesting and creative concept - very cool!

JanJager - Incredible! This whole scene goes beyond being epic. Im awed by your mastery… especially all of the details - fire, smoke, boats, archers… not to mention the incredible half submerged war beast!

Lege1 - I like the combination of features you chose for your Phionacaunara. And there is something about the atmosphere and lighting that makes this piece particularly soothing and pleasant to me, despite the fact that I'm looking at a monstrous War Beast!

Scorge - Your Orca War Beast is pretty incredible! The details and textures of the creature and the entire piece are captivating. I also like how you kept the rigging for the rider/pilot so minimal - very clever! Excellent!

Amazing Entries Y'all!...

Last edited by J-Sun; April 7th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to J-Sun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats Bel696! A star for you! Welcome to the winner's circle.

Check it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.