Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Coreanseoul thank you very much for your comment. The truth is i try to find time cause that's not my actual studies... Some more updates for now, an old sketch of Krysztof Penderecki (composer) on the Threnody score and ... the feet of my room-mate (left) and mine while digesting pizzaa... I liked the shadows on the 1st (of the bad scanning) so i kept it. Pencil on paper.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Some random sketches for now. Colored pen on paper.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    ela re man, koita na ksereis oti exeis tromero potential.H proodos sou ginetai astrapiea mias kai exeis auto to atofio construction se polles apo tis figures.Autes einai wraies confident grammes.Xairomai pou se ebala pali sthn routina giati pisteuw oti to exeis dhmhtrh.Keep up kai ksana xairomai pou se blepw active akoma kai enw eisai busy.
    euge

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Κώστα να σαι καλά, δε φαντάζεσαι πόσο κουράγιο μου δίνεις. Για την ακρίβεια ήταν ένα τσακ για να ξαναρχίσω και πάλι καλά που μ' έσμπρωξες!

SO, guys i' m sleepless for almost 2 days so i am posting something last i just finished. I named it "The burden" but didn' t exactly know what the result would be when i started. I made exaggerating perspective to almost all the objects, trying to give the sense of fictional (not that i could do realistic persp ). Not finished yet (the sky is empty but maybe it's better that way due to the full of lines rest of the paper) but i' ll see if i get to it again. Maybe some colouring sometime.

Blue pen on paper as usual. Critique is welcome as allways.

Last edited by knut-; May 10th, 2010 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks
    hehehe probably needs some kind of perspective even a basic one.
    Try to study perspective so that later you can play with it and do whatever perspective you want.
    Set your horizon line set one point on it, and then everyline must go there.Ok its not exactly like that but try doing some studies with simple objects like a cube or something.
    Do some sketches and probably we will be able to do some paintover
    keep up

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Kostas! I have some books in mind about the persp issue.

I just finished a piece for the adventure, one of the female protagonists. I tried to makes her in a way that she has a characteristic look (body, face, position etc) and no the classic beauty. It need some final touches i think but i have to go now. Critique please!

Thanks
    Something quick i just finished for fun. The rest are some sketches of a turkish trader and a romanian old man. Pffff, insomniaaa!

Thanks
    I made some improvements on the woman drawing.

Thanks
    nice mate.DUnno about the colors.it looks like drizzt du erden, maybe put some warmer hues on the skin?
    keep up the good work

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't know the guy. Do you mean the colors or the overall drawing? I thought it about the skin tone but because i want to have some variety in the end, i wanted something more "white". I' ll try to make it warmer as you said and will see. As you see i am a little bit colourblind so to me it' s difficult the final choise of colors. I wanted to ask you about the grayscale in which you wrote once that you draw always at first. You mean that on one layer you are doing all the tones of a drawing (shadows etc) and then on another layer you' re dropping colors? Are you just playing with opacity first for the tones? Personally i work very oldschool as i had a pen in my hand meaning that, first i am doing the outlines and then just paint and play with opacity, gausian blur, flow. I don't really use something else. Is there anything i should check for an better work on Photoshop? Thanks for the mentions man!

Y.G. I had some quotes froma.. my mother that her face is too much of a male's. She' s starting worring about me! No really if there is something wrong tell me. Personally i just want all the characters not to have the classic beauty, so i try to make them a little bit ... casual. Thanx.

Last edited by knut-; May 15th, 2010 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks
    I made some changes on the face and the skin tone. I think now it' s more feminine. I am pausing working on the same sketch for now otherwise i' m gonna destroy it!

Last edited by knut-; May 15th, 2010 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    An old model of grandma's head with plasticine. Do you have any propositions about the material i could use for models so i can sculpt them easy as plasticine and make them solid afterwards as clay? I know about cernit but it costs too much for a small quantity. I sculpt them piece by piece and not starting with a big mass of the material.

Last edited by knut-; May 16th, 2010 at 12:00 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to knut- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    dunno a lot about sculpting materials other than clay that i have done in uni but i love what you did
    About greyscale.
    Greyscale is a great excersize in learning and understanding values.When someone master values probably can work fast immediately with colors on a rough sketch or something, but we need more to reach that right now.
    When you have a greyscale work then you have to translate the values into colors.I work with high opacities and only for some special things i use low opacity.
    About these characters i can say that actually they are not rendered in greyscale but they consist of a sketch with the style of these black lines and then some coloring inside the regions(that may mean that a simpler cell shading could do the job easier and better for you, but again there would be a need to alter the blackness of every outline)
    aaa now an idea.Take this great sculpt you did and turn it greyscale in photoshop (image adgjudments, desaturate) and see (i did quickly did it for you)
    here you can see a very nice greyscale base.
    What you have to do i think is becoming better in overal.Dont use a lot of effects in photoshop, like blur and such, cause these tend to make your works saying "eeee i am using filterssss"
    Also try to block in colors with high opacities(100% will be nice and if you have tablet add opacity+size pen pressure).It is also better because in your style here you have these full black(full of paint) lines and there must be harmony when you put the color.So you cant have these low opacity brushstrokes that come in contrast with the solid black lines.I think the face looks better cause it looks more solid than the other parts.
    Keep up the good work mate!!!

lol forgot to upload it

Last edited by kingkostas; May 16th, 2010 at 09:22 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.