New image posts not moving to the top.

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

New image posts not moving to the top.

This has happened to me twice from two different computers now. I'm using firefox 3.6. I want to post a new piece of art in my sketchbook. I go advanced, type in my text, manage attatchments, upload image, close window and hit submit. It promptly tells me I submitted the same message in the last few minutes. If I go to my thread, my new post is there. However, the thread doesn't get bumped to the top of the sketchbook forum list. Also, I noticed that the official post count in the thread does not increase. If I post another message with no image, it gets bumped to the top, and the post count is updated accordingly. I don't like posting twice or bumping my thread but I feel forced to since its not working properly. Any help would be great. I just want it to work as intended. Also, if I'm doing something wrong, let me know.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    That is really strange. I have no idea what is causing that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 870 Posts
    I just posted in this forum about an image problem I'm having, but it doesn't seem to appear on the thread list. Now that I read your message, I wonder if it's not stuck at the bottom somewhere.

The Nezumi Works Sketchbook - Now in progress

My online portfolio

Bloggity blog

"Skill is the result of trying again and again, applying our ability and proving our knowledge as we gain it. Let us get used to throwing away the unsuccessful effort and doing the job over. Let us consider obstacles as something to be expected in any endeavor; then they won't seem quite so insurmountable or so defeating." - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. I added a new image to my thread in sketchbooks, but the thread did not rise to the top. What's more, I can't delete a thumbnail from my first message. Looks like something in the forum database is messed up.

Thanks
    I'm having the same problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    I know this sounds funny, but try clearing your cookies for conceptart.org in firefox. Let me know if the problem still exists and I'll let tech know.

Thanks
    test post

Thanks
    Sorry to necro the thread but I'm having the same problem too ... posted an image in the Self-Portraits section and my thread didn't move to the top & it's not recognized as being the most recent post either. I'm using Firefox & tried deleting my cookies as you suggested but that didn't fix it... Is there something else I could try?

Thanks!

Arish in the Mirror - Self-Portrait page

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Posts were bumping since the last check. There are a few things you should know before reporting it.

1. Editing your first image post will not bump the post.

2. Make a new post and add text.

If this is still happening when you've done 2 instead of 1 please let us know I'll let tech know.

Thanks
    To help us more accurately diagnose the issue please post a step by step walk through on how to recreate the problem. No step is too insignificant to include. Please include the thread in question, what button you clicked to reply, if preview was used at any point, what button was clicked for attachments if applicable, any blank screens, refreshes/reloads, if you double clicked post at any point, ect ect. Please try to recreate the issue yourself first then post the steps taken here. The more details we receive the faster we can fix the issue. Thanks!

Thanks
    please let us know if you get a message saying:
    "This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes. You will be redirected to that thread."
    too, thanks

Thanks
    Hey, sorry for the late reply ...

Arshes_Nei, I did make a new post and add text, but it didn't move to the top until I published my next post the following day (which was also an image attachment with text). But that was the only time I've had this problem ... it seems to have gone away now.

jamis0n, I posted a new image by hitting 'reply' to my thread in the Self-Portraits section (Arish in the Mirror - link is in my sig) and then choosing 'go advanced.' Then I went into 'manage attachments', and uploaded the jpeg file from my home Mac ... I don't remember if there were any specific problems that day, since it was a few days ago ... sorry. But it was this post. I don't know if that helps any?

Anyway the problem seems to be resolved now so maybe it's just one of those random glitches?

Arish in the Mirror - Self-Portrait page

Sketchbook

Thanks
    I have the same problem too. I`ve added a new reply to my thread today in "ARTISTS LOOKING FOR WORK!" section and it did not rise to the top. And when I`m trying to open this section from the main page of the forum I get "Database error..."

Thanks
    Today it`s working now.

Thanks
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem too. Posted some new stuff yesterday here

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=154438

but the thread is still languishing at the bottom of the stack somewhere.

Strangely enough, I can see the new post/images when when I visit the thread but my User CP claims it hasn't been updated since last year. Weird.

Regards
    Andrew

Thanks
    Problem resolved. I posted a new text message as suggested by Arshes Nei and voila, the thread updated.

Regards
    Andrew

Thanks
    Thanked 5,442 Times in 3,654 Posts
    I've been having that as well sometimes. I posted yesterday in the DWELL thread and my post didn't look like it was there, but it was if you click on the thread, and now the same thing has happened in the critique forum.

Thanks
    My sketchbook has not bumped two posts in a row now.
    I get the this post is a duplicate notice and it then directs me back to my sketchbook.
    I previewed the last post I made if that helps.

Thanks
    This happened to me twice today. It seems to happen if I opt to preview a post with an image attached before sending it. I get sent to the "this is a duplicate of a message..." error page, the redirected to my post. I then have to do a reply that's just text in order for the thread to actually bump.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.