Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Making of a President - Final W.I.P Post Added

Thanks
    This is thread number one! I am amazed because of your talent not only in sclupting but in making the likeness so obvious! Added to that this thread is very educational! I am TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!!! - G
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    @ clanlord, Sidharth, Frederik, and Semoet: Thanks so much for the kind words, it's great to hear. I'm just happy to be able to share my process with everyone and if it helps someone out, it makes all the headaches of a project even more worth it. You folks are super!

Thanks
    Chris, this looks fantastic. Doing a likness of someone famous is a hard nut to crack because if you are off in the least, it screams at everyone, but you have really captured his face. Great job! It was worth all the hell just to say you did it.
    Your hands, I used to get this same condition when I worked with concrete a lot. Try this, first get some real Aloe Vera and rub that into your hands several times a day. Then get some pure, virgin Coconut oil,{ yes its is used for cooking} this stuff is like magic for soothing sore skin. You can get it in good health food stores.
    Use it the same way. I hope it will help you.

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    Thanks for the kudos, Mah ' Crub. I still see a detail or two that bugs me, but I'm way past caring at this point. And if the US ends up supporting the bid to legalize commercial whaling in the near future, I might as well just smash them all (the busts). Sorry to get environMENTAL on everyone, but I mean, COME ON!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? THE 1700s? Humanity has one big fucking complex about coexisting with giant animals, I'm thinking it's a penis envy thing or something. We already killed nearly all the mega-fauna on the land, and if they're not already choking on all the plastic in the ocean, now whales might have to face exploding harpoons en masse. We don't deserve this fucking planet and our descendants are going to fucking hate our guts.

Help the freaking whales brothers and sisters, please! https://secure3.convio.net/gpeace/si...wlgb05.app332a

Deep breath. Okay.

Thanks for the skin advice too, I'll definitely give it a try. No new news in this department, I still haven't seen a doctor. But actually, I was at a pool party the other day and they used salt water rather than chlorinated water. My hands pruned up like crazy as always, even hurt a little. But bizarrely, at the end of the day my hands didn't prune when I took a shower. They were wet for about 15 minutes, which is all I can stand usually, and they looked like they'd been wet for less than a minute. Almost totally smooth. So I think I'll be looking into that too.

Thanks
    Very good likeness and the casts look great! Nice job Chris.

Thanks
    Wow! I missed this one and your Last Temptation piece previously, but after you
    posted on my thread, I decided to look up your profile and take a gander at some
    of your work. Boy, I'm glad I did! Really fantastic stuff Christopher. All around
    top-notch work! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more from you.
    Troy

http://www.themcdevittstudio.com
    --------------------------------------------------
    "It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what's cool." - Calvin, Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons

Thanks

Smile

Thanks for the encouragement Troy! That means a lot coming from one of my heroes on this site. I love your work, especially the Frazetta Werewolf vs. Dracula and the Wolverine/Ninjas and the Batman crouched on the gargoyle and the Joker punch and on and on. I can only hope to have a body of worked as vast and impressive as your own some day. I want to go professional but I still have a lot to learn in the way of using different materials, etc. Keep kicking ass and I'll keep trying to, haha!

Thanks
    it's a lovely sculpture, thank you for posting your progress. i love how the pull looks, reminiscence of marble sculptures. very classy.

Thanks
    Thanks jaroldsng, kind of you to say. I too love the marble-like look of the aqua resin cast and I'll be using it for a lot more pieces in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3