P.O.W.! Challenge 38--Final Poll
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for one entry only...and NOT yours...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3XLT

1 7.14%
  • j.s. sabastian

0 0%
  • noiion

0 0%
  • tobbA

0 0%
  • Waterbird

13 92.86%
  • Yuki_slider

0 0%
    Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

P.O.W.! Challenge 38--Final Poll

Final Poll: P.O.W.! 38: Alligator Girl...

Finally...the polls are more or less back on schedule...

Again, this week, we have six glorious entries from our randy little group of hard-working wackos. I've also included a couple of nice starts and some rather interesting WIPs that are worth noting at the end in a non-competitive post.

The voting will be open for roughly two weeks. Vote for one artist (and NOT yourself), and just to remind you--the theme is "Alligator Girl..." with any interpretation you felt appropriate to your story.

Artists are posted in alphabetical order...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3XLT...

Attached Images Attached Images    
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    j.s. sabastian...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    noiion...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tobbA...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Waterbird...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yuki_slider...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Non-Competitive...

One nice start from ALCANTAR
    Two nice rough starts from super skoda
    Six rather interesting rambling kind of things by Yuki_slider

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vote: done. Good art works everybody... Finished my POW too late and posted just for fun today. See ya in POW#39... Let's draw! Thank you...

"Sť que soy una estrella, pero me niego a brillar para un mundo tan oscuro"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone. Lots of good work in here, I had to vote for Waterbird for coming up with an interesting take on the brief and a beautiful realisation of it.

Well done everyone tho!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightpunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had to go with Waterbird on this one. The interpretation and execution were perfect and the approach was completely from out of left field...

Beautifully done.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am soooo bummed that I couldn't finish. I'm so swamped with work that I still haven't had time to get back to it . So I thought I'd come back here and leave critique for everyone who did finish.

3XLT: I love that splash page. It totally looks like it could have been designed by Kirby himself. The second page could have used some backgrounds. At the very least it seams like you should reestablish the background every few panels.

j.s. sabastian: I really like the energy in this one. The story telling is pretty good. The treatment of the text bothered me a bit. I felt it made it harder to read than it should have. And I was a little bit confused by the last panel because it looks like her skin color changes from green to pink.
    noiion: I like you idea. The way that alligator girl goes flying into the wolfman cracked me up. I think the backgrounds need to be more complete. There's enough detail that we know she's in a bathroom, for example, but Is it a public rest room, the bathroom at work or at home? With out a fully realized background you character are just floating in space.

tobbA: I really like your alligator girl design. It looks to me like she has kind of a golden age super hero look. Your story telling was clear and I could follow the action easily. The last panel on the fist page I was really confused by the speech balloons. It looks like the guy on the floor is saying "and now to finish you..."

Waterbird: You got my vote for this one. I like you use of watercolor. It was easy to follow (except for the last page where you show the girl as an adult again. that took me a second to figure out). The backgrounds are a very vague. Besides the fact that it takes place near water, I have no idea where the story takes place. These pages are pretty good but if you spent some more time on them they could be really good.

Yuki_slider: This one is my second favorite. I have no idea what's going on but I enjoy the complete insanity of it. The creative spelling ads to the craziness.

Ilaekae: Thanks for running this activity! In spite of natural disasters you are going strong!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to super skoda For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1