Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Amanda's Sketchbook - Updated Nov.4.2010

Thanks

Amanda's Sketchbook - Updated Nov.4.2010

Hello, my name is Amanda and I'm an art student interested in game art with a bit of free time that wants to be filled with drawing...so that is what I'm going to try and do, as well as make improvements and stay positive. Any comments or critique is welcome, I'd also be interested in joining a sketchbook group if there are any out there with open spots or people willing to start a new one to help stay motivated. Just drop me a message or leave me a note here and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
    It is currently Sunday, March 7, 2010 and I am going to post a few things I've been working on this week before I go to bed.

Attachment 923855
    Quick sketch of a friend at school.

Attachment 923854
    Picture I am working on for another friend's birthday.

Attachment 923856
    Acrylic paintings I am working on for my baby cousin's room. (apologies for webcam quality photo.)

Attachment 1092530
    Last edited by Amanda Kate; November 4th, 2010 at 01:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sunday, March 7, 2010. Quick portrait sketch in between family dinner and addiction to Torchlight.
    Attachment 924002

Thanks
    Monday, March 8, 2010.

Quick sketch of one of my characters while waiting for a squad to get their butts inside a dungeon.
    Attachment 924300
    Last edited by Amanda Kate; March 8th, 2010 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    Hey Amanda welcome to the forums! Hah it seems useally sketchgroups fall apart so I'm just gona stay away from them. But I do have a small list of people whos sketchbooks I check frequently. I could add you onto it hah.

Any life drawing avalibale at your college? If so try and take advantage of it

Thanks
    Hello Dy.lanea and thanks for the welcome! Haha, I guess that makes sense since I havn't gotten any notes about finding a sketchgroup thus far. That would be awesome if you could add me to your list though, more motivation for me to keep up with this.

I took figure drawing at my college last year and I always feel like I'm making excuses about it which isn't helping me with my staying positive...hmm, what I can say is that it was my first experience with drawing from nude models and using so many different techniques and materials in what seemed like a short time. I didn't really understand what exactly the professor's expectations were early on and he was always always brutally honest which was a first for me so I was frustrated the whole semester. Looking back on it I think it was good for me and I wouldn't mind giving it another try..I'm not sure how compatible my class schedule is with taking it again but I will definitely ask my adviser if I can ever get a hold of her.

I type too much sometimes, apologies! ._.

Thanks
    Hi to you and all the best to the future in this site you seem very comfortable in you lines of your life poses and can't wait to see more like this from you but remember it's all about expressing yourself try some fast work or tonal peaces

Thanks
    hi amanda welcome to CA, I like you acrylics, you got the features in the portrait that's good, just keep practicing, keep posting, i will be around....cheer up!!
    My Links

SB

Thanks
    Hello Mac Con and thank you!
    I will keep your advice in mind while I draw this week. I'm trying to schedule a 'drawing party' with a friend for sometime this week so hopefully I'll have a bunch of fun stuff to scan in at some point.

Thanks
    Thank you also Spawner!
    Guess Mondays are the day for posting, haha.
    I really enjoy acrylics and I'm actually taking a painting class this semester so hopefully I'll be able to snap some pictures and post them up here once I get my works to a place I'm comfortable with.
    I will definitely keep practicing and posting, thank you for the good motivation!

Thanks
    Darn no update D: Ok ill add you onto my list, but stop my sketchbook sometimes.

Yea, that's one thing I felt about college last year. Drawing was completly new to me and they were putting onto me a whole lot of information and I don't feel I had any time to really process alot of it. I feel that now I have a firmer grasp on drawing when people suggest new ways of doing things or thinking I am at least able to try it out.

Idk I just kept drawing in my sketchbook and I feel that taught me alot more then school did. Just keep drawing =) Even if you only have 5 min inbetween something you might as well draw. Every morning and evening I draw on the bus and train. Even if its only 10 min.

Thanks
    I know! Sorry, I was running around like a crazy person doing homework yesterday..and I was just getting good about updating consistently around 2am over the weekend haha. xD

I've added you to my baby collection of sketchbooks to check out so no worries I wont forget. ^^ Yea, things tend to move pretty fast in some art classes in college..my graphic design class I seem to be working on something different every week or two which is nice but I don't feel like I have time to develop things as much as I want to sometimes. Anyways! I was drawing a bit yesterday so I shall scan them in and update this sketchbook here.

Also..I wish I could draw during my commute to classes, but it's usually a 5 or less minute walk from my residence hall. x3 I shall find more time somewhere though.

Is it bad if my scanner is making like..growling noises? o.o Anyways..no time for that now, update~ness!

Pencil sketch before bed last night.
    Attachment 925705

Thumbnails for a personal logo I am designing for a graphic design project.
    Attachment 925706
    Sketchbooks:

Amanda | Dylan | Krato |

Thanks
    Cool stuff. I suggest doing some anatomy or observational drawing when you get the time.

Thanks
    Thanks! Hopefully I'll have a chance tonight to draw some actual human beings. 0_0 I might be tagging along with my roommate to visit some friends during their rp club meeting and I'll carry my sketchbook along with me.
    Sketchbooks:

Amanda | Dylan | Krato |

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast