Thanks

Microsofts Courier 'digital journal'

I'm interested to see if any of you pro's out there have looked into this. I wonder if it would be an acceptable portable 'sketch book' for doodles and practice sketches?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/m...ctures-and-de/

It looks awesome!

-Clay
    "Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter." -Oscar Wilde

My Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to cmoreland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    I've been keeping tabs on that for awhile. I havent heard it said yet if its pressure sensitive or not. That's the big thing i want out of a tablet is one that's basically a portable cintiq. When that happens, then i'll buy one.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    It is not on the market so no one can tell if it actually is any good.

If this OS can run Photoshop, painter or any other good painting app and the pen function is nice it sure could be a nice portable sketchbook.

I have 2 Laptops, one is very small so i can store it in my bag and a DS with colors... i used to take em with me sometimes, thinking it might be nice to have it with me so i can draw something whenever i want.
    Guess what, i never used em... same as with my iphone and ipod touch. Having so many games and apps was cool and fun for a couple of days but now i do nothing else but using it to make calls or listen to my music.

In fact, instead of my flashy iphone touch i rather use my simple mp3 player, it is smaller and i can operate it in my pocket by pressing a single button, skipping songs on iphone or ipd touch is just a pain in the ass.

Now that new digital journal might be a cool ebook reader imo but other than that i have no clue why i would want to take it with me. A mobile phone this days can do all the basic functions you need on the way and i am not sure if many professionals would actually work in a bus on a windows CS driven portable journal with a screen no bigger than a postcard.

The best feature of it right after release will be showing off your new gadget.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R a n d i s View Post
    It is not on the market so no one can tell if it actually is any good.

If this OS can run Photoshop, painter or any other good painting app and the pen function is nice it sure could be a nice portable sketchbook.

I have 2 Laptops, one is very small so i can store it in my bag and a DS with colors... i used to take em with me sometimes, thinking it might be nice to have it with me so i can draw something whenever i want.
    Guess what, i never used em... same as with my iphone and ipod touch. Having so many games and apps was cool and fun for a couple of days but now i do nothing else but using it to make calls or listen to my music.

In fact, instead of my flashy iphone touch i rather use my simple mp3 player, it is smaller and i can operate it in my pocket by pressing a single button, skipping songs on iphone or ipd touch is just a pain in the ass.

Now that new digital journal might be a cool ebook reader imo but other than that i have no clue why i would want to take it with me. A mobile phone this days can do all the basic functions you need on the way and i am not sure if many professionals would actually work in a bus on a windows CS driven portable journal with a screen no bigger than a postcard.

The best feature of it right after release will be showing off your new gadget.
    Yeah I definitely know what you mean, I bought a little sansa MP3 player and use it all the time because of its simplicity. However, wouldn't you agree that it would be nice to have something akin to a tablet we use with PS without any bells and whistles (except pressure sensitivity) to sketch/doodle and be portable?

It is still a gadget though, and you are either a gadget person or you are not (I am not) I like the everything about graphite sliding across dead tree but with that said, with so much emphasis on digital art these days, I think if this were done right it would be an awesome little portable sketchpad!
    "Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter." -Oscar Wilde

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot View Post
    I havent heard it said yet if its pressure sensitive or not.
    Microsofts Courier 'digital journal'
    It looks like it will have pressure sensitivity. I'm not sure if it'll run PS or Painter though. It seems as if they're marketing to designers, like us so I'm sure they'll work it out.

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure it won't include the ability to install software like PS, but if it comes with that painting program like Raoul Duke is showing, then it's more than enough for me. Rather than a computer/pc replacemente, I see this as a portable research tool. Give me wi-fi access, and I'll be all over it...
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    you know it may not be the best bet for remote sketching but it looks cool for project management. i know it seems particularly usefull for high end custom tattoo artist. im glad i found this thread about this
    Www.facebook.com/anthonycareyartworks I'm between personal websites.