Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    haha, i'm damn jealous, bro !
    maybe you should also chance to bite off kekai's hands and absorb his power >:

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian Gromann For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Tom Thanks bro! And yes, their work is insane and yes it was fucking awesome to meet them. Yes yes, awesome awesome. Thanks.

Snobby I met Kekai, but I wouldnt try to bite his hand off. I get the feeling he could fuck you up. His art matches his personality; badass.

OK. OK. Wierd trip was wierd. But only because their was TOO much awesome. I was worried about not meeting many people and it being a waste... but MAN it turned around. We saw/spoke to SO many people. And we ended up talking to people from every studio we had aimed for except Valve (which we were close to doing).
    I could write forever about this shit, but instead Ill give you a list of the awesome people I met. ALL of which were amazing people and very nice

If any of you are reading this, thanks for a fucking awesome trip. I'm so pumped to work hard and hopefully meet you all again.

Some random guys (I love you guys really!):
    Nate Simpson (demigod concept artist and Non-player comic creator) and Justin 'Moritat' Norman (of Elephantmen and The Spirit fame)(I think I actually love this man, nicest guy ever)

Arena.net:
    Daniel Dociu, Kekai Kotaki, Levi Hopkins, Matt C Barrett (Best sketchbook I have EVER SEEN), and 2 lovely ladies called Katy Hargrove and Tsveta (wish I knew her second name so I could find more of her work), and then the Mystery Arenanet Guy who we cant remember his name but was awesome.

Dev Medan and Steve from Popcap Games.

Wizards of the Coast:
    John Schindehette (Dnd AD), Jeremy Jarvis (MTG AD), Kevin Smith, Richard Whittaker (awesome Concept Artist) and Kate Irwin

Some guys who work at 343 Industries:
    Tom Scholes (hilarious, especially when drunk), Shaey Shatz, Albert NG, Justin Oaksford (Was awesome to meet you in person Justin)

Some more artists we met through random avenues:
    Kevin Hanna, Sam Wood, David Ryan Paul

Then all the guys who make/involved in Comix, most of em up in Vancouver!:
    Brandon Graham, James Stokoe, Marian Churchland, Marley Zarcone, John Kantz, Joe Keating, Clair Gibson, Robin McConnell and Mike the Comix guy from the Drink'n'Draw.

Eka from Uber Entertainment.

Then the awesome guys from Bungie (too much talent together in one room when we had lunch together):
    JAIME JONES (if you didnt gather in person, I'm a huge fan, but I tried to keep my cool), Ryan Demita, Dorje Bellbrook, Isaac Hannaford and Frank and Milton.

Yeh, well, it was WAY awesome.
    Possibly so incredible that I think I was dreaming and Im gonna wake up soon *pinches himself*.

Also, time to get myself a degree (or try to), its deadline time in 10 days.

Also, the more discerning of you concept art fans should be able to notice the little Tom Scholes sketch in one of my moleskin pages (he did while drunk):
    Last edited by PHATandy; May 24th, 2011 at 06:06 PM.
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter
    Concept Artist // Splash Damage

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PHATandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Had meetings and shit to do, and felt wierd after waking up at 7 o clock this morning. But I managed to nip into life drawing for half the day.
    A cat came in the room so i sketched him quick, and I drew a little MC Barrett style car in my break.
    Poop, busy week to come but Ill try and see if I can do some work each day.
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Thanks for dropping by my SB dude. I know what you mean, but I really wanted to open that one up and never fear the mishy mashy arrows will return possibly with fire and defo with arrow heads sticking through! Some epic updates from yourself man and awesome SB my friend

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Love your designs and landscapes, with pieces like #764 just making me smile and the peace I find in landscapes like #732 or pieces like the first in #708.

Your Tower designs are also just wonderful ~ well all the buildings and structures really.

Thanks for posting - I feel all zen and happy after this & I'll be back.

& Voted ~ an easy 5 .
    SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 2,093 Posts
    wow im so jealous of you right now its not even funny!! isaac hannaford is my hero!! so is everyone from arena.net and just about everybody else on that list!! and some super sweet sketches from you too i might add!!
    MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyBeats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That beetle gladiator is great, I really like the action board you made for him

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teundeboer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think this is one of my favourite sketchbooks on the website. There are many with technical skills, but not many whose design and concept work is so interesting, clean, fascinating from the pencil stage all the way to the digital finish.
    It's just a joy to watch you design props and vehicles, especially. Can't wait to see more!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariel9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i like post #764 so much , very good .
    On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

18. The Following User Says Thank You to raminafshari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog, blog, blog. Now I have a blog.
    Blog.

Not sure if you guys will care since youll be seeing most of my stuff here, but maybe Ill think about a way to make them different and interesting.

GEB Yeh thats exactly what I meant. It just needed a few more arrows poking through and around, some more on top etc. Thanks very much too.

Dan Awesome! Thanks so much, it means a lot. I appreciate the love.

Nicky It was so awesome. Isaac was super nice and awesome, I look forward to meeting him and everyone again. It was just too good. TOO GOOD.

Teundeboer The little animation thing was a last minute idea but I really liked how it came out. Cant wait to do some more of them. Thanks.

Ariel9 I really love comments like these, I dont think I deserve such praise but Im really glad you like my work so much. Ill post more just for you! And doing vehicle and prop design is something Im gonna get into, in the coming months, so it will be right up your alley! Thank you.

Ramina Thanks!!!

Such awesome comments! Thanks dudes and dudettes.

Just finished re-working one of my portfolio pieces for my Graduation show. Hopefully it will look good at a big resolution. Ive been putting it lots of detail for its to be seen big. Heres a semi-hi-res version:
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    nice update - really like how some of the light and shadows play - or how for example the landingpads reflect light unto the snow, or is it just snow whirling up - or how you renedered the sky and mountain.

Also like that you made the building feel symmetrical at first glance but it's not and finally the water reflections .

As for blogs - they are nice, especially for people that have a staggering page number in their SB's - and you are already at 26 pages so might be a good idea yes.
    SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Awesome, thanks a lot Dan. Glad you like it, I hope lots of people will like it in my exhibition too.

Some quick sketches in my Moleskin from Life Drawing with the pregnant life drawing model we are seemingly going to have for a few sessions. Interesting to draw though I suppose, quite unique.
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    damn that.s awesome
    i hate you soo much;]
    umm i should go back to work and you should keep posting to kick my ass

24. The Following User Says Thank You to witek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow. I'm loving page 13 of this SB. Can't wait to look at 1-12 when I've got a little more time. Some sick awesome concepts.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Dubu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh, I love your concepts. They all look fresh and different, every one of them.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Saara_ For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast