Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    u know I really hate u people that can draw....god...thinking in lines is so terrible....

HOW DO U DO IT!!!!!!!

no, NOT april fools.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texahol For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    you've got an awesome sketchbook dude!
    Thanks for the crits in mine too! They were right on!
    I love the fashion studies and the perspective/enviro stuff....that's something I'm dying to learn.

Ah thanks for the inspiration...you rock!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mc2mc2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ah haaa, so many comments! Thanks so much guys!.

Nickeybeats- Thanks bro!

Crazy3dman- Thanks, and yeh thats what i aim to do. Ive never liked the idea of weaknesses so i try and spread my time equally, always working out my weakest areas. Well thats the theory anyway!

Teapo- Thank you very much, and it is good. Life drawing is awesome, but its even better when u get to put it into pratice with the clothed figure. And drawing funny pictures of your friends.

ThomasM- No problem and thank you, i left some feedback in your SB hope it helps

oren90- thank you! I should hope so, perspective is one of my stronger points (i think !!??)

Kingkostas- no problem buddy, i really enjoyed looking through your work, the pleasure was all mine.

Texahol- haha its just practice and reading lots and lots of comics. Im an Absolute sucker for some good pencil sketches or inked linework.

Mc2mc2- no problem buddy, and thanks loads. Means something when i love your SB so much. Your improvement rate is insane, your getting so goooood!

And tonights work - last of the perspective stuff for a teeenny while (a few days). But working in a little chunk like this was good, gave me just enough focus to improve a little each day. And working with perspective let me get some imagination on the go! But ill be back to some anatomy and figure stuff soon i think. Gonna look into character design stuff and pushing anatomy and silhouettes and all that. My characters are probably the worst part of my repertoire - i love drawing them, but i dont quite have the skills id like to put my designs and ideas out. Maybe mix it with some ID stuff, using this perspective work.

But im fairly happy with this. Most of the time with this stuff i just have a problem with my ideas, i find im drawing such mundane stuff. I have this crazy idea somewhere in my head, but i just cant figure it out or find it on the paper. But ill keep on going methinks!.

Thanks everyone.
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter
    Concept Artist // Splash Damage

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    great to see you enjoy the perspective studies and they look fantastic, keep on drawing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oren90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hmm, delicious perspective, love the studies my friend! Keep them up =)

Cheers, Darren

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey thanks for visiting my sketchbook mate!

Hope your course is going well Love all the recent sketches, looks like you're hitting all the right areas with your studies and stuff, just keep it up as I'm sure you will!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexTooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,055 Posts
    nice perspective studies bud. I should really do them as well. Anyways I really enjoy your interior perspective thumbs the most. Keep going (^-^d)
    Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to teapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oren90 - Thanks man
    Magic Man - thanks a lot, really appreciated.
    Alextooth - No problem dude. Yeh its going pretty well, absolutely love it too, im getting to the point where i can do what i want. Which is ace!
    Teapo -Cheers man. thats interesting because i feel i dont do enough interiors actually. Was planning on working on them some more.

My piece for today, im going out now so no more work. But im kiiind of happy with it, not really. Its just highlighting my issues of not really knowing how to approach my paintings from my imagination at all. I had the idea in my head and it all just flies out the window - i just cant ever seem to get it down probably. So i end up painting a bit randomly and just look for stuff in it - but that means i over complicate it too much - and all i fall back into areas i know i can do. Which is bad because im not pushing into painting areas of my weaknesses or interesting new ideas. So i do the usual thing in the usual style. blah blah.
    Realllly need to push the boat out from now on - this made me realize how stale my paintings can get.

Need to think much more on these. Thinking i might break it down back to basics. Look at small thumbnails and compositions - but considering colour and and actually ideas. I need to be able to have an overiding theme in pictures. As much as i love drawing landscapes and castles, i need to spread myself a little.

Ill be back for more soon!

Edit - man i am disappointed with this the more i look. Theres so much wrong, its dull, colours aren't great. Its so rough and well the composition is MEGGGA boring. Its like Im just not listening to anything Ive been learning. 3 days of perspective work and theres not an ounce of it in sight. Gotta try harder than this.
    Last edited by PHATandy; April 2nd, 2010 at 01:46 PM.
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    well it looks pretty good there but there are a few things that make it boring as you say and that is that there is no difference in values and tones between the background and foreground both are midtoned or light and are desaturated, also there is no focal point my eye goes to the building in the back but not for long.
    and you will definitly start to see the studies going into your drawing after you do them more, after all most people won't remember anything they studied 100% on the first time, you need to repeat it a few times so it will sink in your head, so keep at it
    oh and I'll be more than happy if you'll do a paintover to my work so I can learn what was wrong with it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to oren90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts

yo! loving the new perspective stuff! definitely going to give something in that sort of style a go

I think the last landscape is quite interesting too, although as you say itd definitely be cool if you could get a bit more influence of that perspective work into it!

Anyway, nice one
    Tom

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,969 Posts
    yeah i also like it.It have a nice amount of atmospheric perspective and i like the brushstrokes.
    Maybe you could work a little more the reflection and maybe adding more contrast in the regions near the viewer.
    keep up the good work mate

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whoa your lines are awesome and ur colors get better and better really nice!keep up!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cameli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    wicked wicked stuff! Last one's got very inviting colors. Totaly dig it!
    keep posting!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigermilk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oren90 - Yeh its like, now you point them out i can see all of it - and i know its stuff i should be recognising and doing, and i know i can do it. I just never seem to be able to do it all. These are things i understand, but i always omit through lack of concentration and i get sucked into other things and i rush about doing stuff about the painting that dont need the attention - when im getting my basics wrong. Ive still got lots to learn. Thanks.

Kingkostas - Cheers and thanks for the tips.
    Cameli and Tigermilk - Thanks a bunch guys!

So i had a super late night last night, lots of Super Smash Brothers and What not. Pretty much killed half of my day with sleep - and then feeling tired. Then i got sucked into Dragon Age. So i only ended up doing this bad day.
    Just a little character after watching Demolition Man last night - these badasses worse Mad Max style shit with shoulder pads from tires. What more cliches do you need for a post-apoc character.
    Been looking through character stuff like Markos old stuff as well, i still dont think hes ever been as good as he used to be, his old Degenesis stuff is still his best IMO. SOO much character and story. All this comic stuff just doesnt have any of that, apart from the redesigns he sneaks out every now and then.

Gonna work hard tomorrow... after i finish my 14th page of my essay for uni that is... Maybe gonna go back and look at some environment type work. Could do with working on some interiors. I dont do nearly enough of that stuff - more man made shit me thinks.
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,055 Posts
    NOOOO stop slacking Andy 3: that post epoc char is looking great my friend. Haha don't let the vid games get to your art
    Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

28. The Following User Says Thank You to teapo For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast