the deep, dark, menacing jungles of Australia.
    Thanks

we're all martians

art is fun and addictive. like coffee. I like coffee too.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    People are way to addicted to science fiction. Not barring a divine miracle, how did 'microbes' survive?

a) The vacuum of space for months; possibly years travelling the expanse between Mars and Earth.
    b) How did a meteorite 'come from mars'? Was it launched by the green men? It would have to be volcanic... and it is.
    c) Reentry anyone? They say it gets a little warm (life doesn't like temperatures ranging into the 1,000s of degrees).
    d) It was magmatic. I'm sure the volcanic eruption that spat it into space harmlessly picked up some microbes along the way.

Or, instead of science based on conjecture and vague pretense, a simpler explanation:

"Scientists have fiercely debated whether the ancient, microscopic compounds were deposited by ancient bacteria or natural chemical reactions - and whether such bacteria was Martian or moved in after the meteorite fell to earth." - article

Common sense = the latter.
    "They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and, above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds."

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Thanks
    meteors aren't caused by volcanic eruption, they're caused by bigger meteors bouncing off planets. if there were microbes in that meteor they would have been embedded in the rock. the article clearly states that such microbes could easily survive interplanetary conditions, as well as planetfall itself. I'm not saying we're all from mars, I think it would be cooler if we weren't, as it would indicate a greater chance of abundant life in the universe if it started from scratch on two planets in the one solar system. what fascinates me most is that they've proven the fossilised microbes in that meteor could not have come from earth. that means life from another planet!

Thanks
    That's true, but it is a magmatic rock.

And the scientists who studied it didn't find any sulfuric compunds you'd normally associate with life.

Plus it doesn't explain how it could survive the heat of entry.

I don't believe life came from mars. I just think that's looking waaaay to far off the map.
    "They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and, above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds."

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Thanks
    space is dumb
    My Sketchbook

check out the website:

ten30one studios

Thanks
    Originally posted by catterpillar
    What fascinates me most is that they've proven the fossilised microbes in that meteor could not have come from earth. that means life from another planet!
    Actually, they haven't. Some have speculated on it as being a possibility, but beyond that its really impossible to tell. I mean, the thing is 3 billion years older then any other fragment found. A number of researchers say it looks like it could be heat fusion for all they can tell. Good science isn't based on conjecture. Its based on being able to be tested.

Sketchbook
    Alex Jones

Thanks
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm American.

Thanks
    what the fuck's that supposed to mean? duh I'm not american? does that make me too barbarian to understand simple science?

Thanks
    catterpillar...think for just a moment about who said that...AnarchyAo2...(aka. King of Stupid Comments)...and i believe he meant that he is American as opposed to being a martian.

and i'll say again...space is dumb
    My Sketchbook

check out the website:

ten30one studios

Thanks
    No, catterpillar was right.

Clock: Yeah, your right, we should just keep on trashing the planet we live on and not the ones with nothing on them. Thats why space is dumb.

BTW, I'm Hamburglerian.