Sheridan College Graduate Diploma in Illustration?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sheridan College Graduate Diploma in Illustration?

I read an artists bio recently who said she received a graduate diploma in illustration from Sheridan College. Has anyone heard of this? I sure haven't. I would love to know more information but it's hard to find a contact at Sheridan who I could email...

Thanks!

-Whitney

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Before the diploma 3 year illustration program transformed into the 4 year degree program (and I think for at least a year after) they offered a 1 year advanced illustration program for those who had completed the three year illustration one or demonstrated enough industry experience.

I don't think it exists anymore (probably due to the 4 year degree program) . It's disappeared from the website and course book.

Last edited by kennygeeze; March 2nd, 2010 at 01:51 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kennygeeze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn. Well, thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am a Sheridan grade from thier Technical and Scientific program in'93 and things have changed drastically. They have partnered With The University of Toronto and now are a four year degree instead of a three year diploma. Most of the instructors where let go because the did not hold degrees, bad move, If you would like to learn allot of theory from people who have never worked in the field, Sheridan is the place. Unfortunate, Sheridan was the number one school in North America for Illustration and Animation until they screwed it up.

"I can think of no greater feeling then the power of creation"
    Fine Art/Illustrator/Art Instruction/Painter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by derek-c-wicks View Post
    I am a Sheridan grade from thier Technical and Scientific program in'93 and things have changed drastically. They have partnered With The University of Toronto and now are a four year degree instead of a three year diploma. Most of the instructors where let go because the did not hold degrees, bad move, If you would like to learn allot of theory from people who have never worked in the field, Sheridan is the place. Unfortunate, Sheridan was the number one school in North America for Illustration and Animation until they screwed it up.
    A great deal of teachers still work as in the field in addition to their teaching. They certainly lost a lot of good people when they shifted to a degree program (particular for animation, from what I hear), but to say they they 'screwed it' up is a bit over exaggerated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I still think it's a great program.

We are not partnered with U of T, though. Not sure if that was in the past.. but I'm in third year and haven't encountered that yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by derek-c-wicks View Post

I'm a graduate of the program from 2007 and I just want to clear up a few things here: It's the Art and Art History program that is partnered with U of T, not the BAA Illustration program. Also most of the teachers were not let go when the switch was made to the 4 year degree status of the program. Instructors that teach part time do not have to have degrees, while the full time ones do. There are only about 4 or 5 full time members of the staff as I recall. A few teachers left because they didn't want to get a masters to continue teaching full time yes, but almost the entire staff is made up of in demand illustrators that are very active in the field.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosered For This Useful Post:

Ryn

Members who have read this thread: 1