Alien vs. Predator

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Alien vs. Predator

Now I said since the beginning that an Alien vs. Predator movie is just about the dumbest thing since Freddy vs. Jason (mostly the predator half). I still think that. They're basically turning Alien, what was once one of the most original, visually powerful, ceribral and frightening movies of all time, into a something with about the same depth as a rednecks genepool. Probably some of you out there are saying "don't judge it till you see" but when the greatest film monster of all time is degraded to a movie with a concept that's about as smart as "my dad can beet up your dad" argument, I really can't help but think that way. It's really just strong appreciation for the ammount of artistic insight on the parts of Scott, O'Bannon and Giger, so I'd rather have them do nothing.

That's all. there are some perks however. McFarlane Toys has updated one of their toy lines. If you've ever seen anything this company makes, you'd know that they're nothing short of astounding in terms of artistic integrity and detail. I can personally testify that they're very worthy display pieces... Of course I do so at the cost of being labeled a hopeless geek but who cares? I swear, whoever designed these, especially the aliens, deserves some kind of medal.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the aliens vs predator subfranchise has been around for quite a while. the movie has been in development hell since the early 90s. there have been numerous comic series and video games as well. despite the complaints of series purists, the aliens vs predator deal has acquired a following. i have no doubt that the movie won't be nearly as good as any of the originals (alien series was better anyway ) and it certainly won't live up to the games. yeah. i still play avp2.

anyway, i'll reserve my judgement of the movie until i see it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i disagree, i think the movie is going to be as great as it can be, as you said it has been in development for over a decade, im sute that by now they've thought of something good, and silver screen worthy...soon, very soon well all see

_B0R1S

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the director of this movie is really keen on spoiling the plotline of his avp movie in any interview. The plot can be summarised to 3 sentences... While I like the idea of an avp movie I really dislike what this guy is doing with it...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah. This is the same cinematic legend behind the Mortal Kombat movie, wasn't he? I hate the whole idea of it taking place on a modern Earth in antarctica, and that the Predators built the pyramids. Basically, there steeling from 'The Thing' and 'Stargate' because they couldn't think of an original premise. But hey, who needs plot when two slimy monsters are beeting the crap out of eachother?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But hey, who needs plot when two slimy monsters are beeting the crap out of eachother?
    Watch Jerry Springer then
    I like the AvP universe and it does have depth, if the Hollywood director chooses to rape the concept then there might be some talented people who choose to take it up while it is mainstream and make a deeper side of it. Ala animatrix or some new comic.

And all you can do is laugh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    exo have you read the screenplay?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know what to make of the movie, but the second featurette with all the robot puppets is interesting to watch out of a special effects intrest view.

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I can speak for all of us when I say we are just a little uneasy as to what this is going to end up being.

I worry so much when I hear about pyramids, arch digs, world history. For story depth etc. it makes a ton of sense but then you start shifting from that sense to cheesy pretty easily, and that is what I am worried about.

I am hoping, praying there isn't a human/Predator vs. Aliens tag team film in my future. I hope that it is literally a 3 way grudge match.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm curious what kind of synopsis would you guys prefer for an AVP movie? I myself hate it when there's overexplaining and the mystery goes away. The space jockey/derelict ship on LV -whatever number is so cool cuz it isn't explained.

Pyramids and earth references makes me want to duck and cover. Maybe it would work if you aren't told where they are, until the end when some ship leaves earth, or maybe that is corny aswell, but atleast you won't know until the end of the movie, like Planet of the apes (old ver).

<My synopsis, lame fanfic warning>
    A classical alien setting is a large spaceship, like a huge colonist ship with some terraformed interiors/habitats to provide variation (a mini jungle as a pred.1 reference) (and a robot crew like in Paradroid which is a cool game). That would mean a lot of cryo people for the aliens to assimilate.
    I'd say the aliens are pretty useless unless they get a mazelike enviroment and lots of hapless hosts.
    It could start with a cool ship to ship encounter, the other ship carrying the alien infestation, and looking very mysterious. Then maybe the colonist ship wanders into predator space or something, and then they... shoot and stuff.... needs a panty scene too, so some humans has to survive.

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if anyoen of you wants to see batman, the joker, aliens and a few predators in one fanmade movie go here http://www.theforce.net/theater/shor...atman_deadend/

and download a version adequate to your connection
    well made little movie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude!!
    thats batman: dead end....its been out for months....everyone knows about it.

now prometheus, you dont like the current story...that in order for a predaton to become a man(rather then a boy) they have to kill a shitload of aliens....sounds pretty kool to me, and i love the new mask designs....especally the main Predator one....sick shit...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by sic8sic
    dude!!
    thats batman: dead end....its been out for months....everyone knows about it.
    until yesterday I didnt belong to the vast crowd of "everyone"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AWWW...well now youre part of the crowd....welcome!!...haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i gave up on McFarlane toys, ebay jackers get them all first

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

I can't believe the how much the studio execs are short-changing themselves by not going for the ULTIMATE match-up............

Aliens versus predator versus terminator versus Robocop!

picture this:

post Judgement day, Detroit, MI. bands of remaining humans battle the terminator onsaught, led by Robocop and his robo-deputies! Suddenly, A spaceship crashlands in the middle of downtown detroit! Its ripley's ship from the end o' aliens four! somehow she went through a blackhole when she wasn't looking and went back in time to the present day! The humans help ripley out of the ship but it turns out there was an alien egg on the ship!!! Who would have thought?! so all of the sudden a whole lot o' aliens start showing up but its ok cause ripley can control em, and she only turns people onto aliens when they've been a jerk. so now the aliens are fighting the terminators too!! WOW! But then suddenly, a predator ship lands and teh predators get out and start fighting the terminators too because the terminators are killing off all their would-be prey!! HOLY CRAP!! AWESOMENESS!! But its an uneasy alliance, because the humans know that after all the terminators are dead, the predators will start killing the humans again, And Ripley is starting to get less and less selcetive about who turns into an alien!! OH MAN, CRAZY PLOT TWIST!!! Who's going to win?! well its probably going to be Robocop, but you're still going to have to watch to make sure!!!!

I'm sure there are probably a few more Sci-Fi liscenses that could be tied in there somewhere...

And to tie in product placement, the predator space ship runs on nothing but Pepsi! and the terminators learn to rub themselves with ground-up nacho cheesier doritos so the predators cant smell them!

oh yeah....

-Sean

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol

I'd totally watch that though Nally, but it needs Jedi Twi-leks, StarGate guards, massive armies of ED209 and most significantly, Borg! Of course Ripley must run around in her panties from Alien 1, or she has to go!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.