Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: Fantasy Illustration
February 19th, 2010 #1
Hi everybody, I'm doing a fantasy illustration and I'm next to the end so before doing the final touches I would appreciate any comment/critics on this one from some pair of fresh eyes.
Thank you in advance!
Hide this ad by registering as a memberFebruary 19th, 2010 #2
First of all, good job
For me the anatomy seems to be right, the head of the left person appears to be too big, but thats because of the really big amount of hair i think.
I dont know if thats a part of the caracter design, but the shadow of the cheek ( right person ) looks kinda strange.
And for me the blue colour in the clothing ( left person ) sticks too much out of the picture, it looks somehow strange, But thats only my subjective opinion
check out my Sketchbook and leave me some critique
February 19th, 2010 #3
February 19th, 2010 #4Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The blue is realy sticking out in this case the contrasts are the reason i think. So maybe try with greenish color and something dark not to saturated
And dont know but is the left girl missing some nipples? For the leather thing seems to be to low to cover it.
February 19th, 2010 #5Noob
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
It hurts my boobs to look at the left girl's top. Visually I think it's a neat outfit, but I can tell you it's going to pinch and irritate. It looks like it's just catching her nipples-- what happens when she turns to look over her shoulder? And if she ever pushes out her chest they're bound to pop out.
February 19th, 2010 #6
look up some refs: http://content5.videojug.com/32/32fd...-the-skull.jpg
July 8th, 2010 #7
I finally had the time to work a little more on this one, it's still unfinished yet but more close to the end
Of course I'm posting this here to have another round of suggestion by CA members
July 8th, 2010 #8
Coming along well! I think the colors in this are working pretty well. For the moment, 3 things stand out to me, and all of them can be improved by getting some good reference- left girl's breasts, her sword, and right girl's right hand. The hand especially needs some reference, we should be able to see her knuckles from that angle. The sword, in addition to needing reference, could probably use some of the picture's colors reflecting off it.
July 8th, 2010 #9
Good job so far.
I think you need to add some anatomy to the arms of both girls. Usually there is a slight drop shadow from the deltoideus falling on the triceps/biceps even with not muscular people. Look at some references and your own arms.
Also I think that most of the sword's edge would be in shadow, not just the lower side. I'd add just rim light on the edge of the edge :-)
Oh and I'm not sure why you chopped off the left girl's arm and cropped the image like this?
July 8th, 2010 #10
Couple additional things I see...
- As it is drawn now, the left girl looks very flat-chested. If that is intended, then fine, otherwise I would plump up the breasts and have them popping/slipping out from behind the leather strap in all directions.
- Left girl's head seems a bit far forward to me. Either she would be really straining to get her head that far forward or she has very bad posture. I think it's especially in relation to the shoulder that is creating the effect.
- I don't know if it looks different at higher resolution, but the left girl's gaze doesn't effectively look to me like she is staring at the person in front of her. It looks more upward and off to her left side. Maybe this is the intended positioning, with the left girl being closer to the viewer than the right, but it's almost an illusional contrast since the right girl is larger. Creates some visual dissonance.