Fantasy Illustration

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fantasy Illustration

Hi everybody, I'm doing a fantasy illustration and I'm next to the end so before doing the final touches I would appreciate any comment/critics on this one from some pair of fresh eyes.
    Thank you in advance!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all, good job
    For me the anatomy seems to be right, the head of the left person appears to be too big, but thats because of the really big amount of hair i think.
    I dont know if thats a part of the caracter design, but the shadow of the cheek ( right person ) looks kinda strange.
    And for me the blue colour in the clothing ( left person ) sticks too much out of the picture, it looks somehow strange, But thats only my subjective opinion

check out my Sketchbook and leave me some critique

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by pull.the.switch View Post
    I dont know if thats a part of the caracter design, but the shadow of the cheek ( right person ) looks kinda strange.
    It's not the shadow, she has a skull like paint on her face, that's why she's almost white in the frotnof her face.
    Thank you for your point of view, I'll think about that when I'll finish this one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The blue is realy sticking out in this case the contrasts are the reason i think. So maybe try with greenish color and something dark not to saturated

And dont know but is the left girl missing some nipples? For the leather thing seems to be to low to cover it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely, but...

It hurts my boobs to look at the left girl's top. Visually I think it's a neat outfit, but I can tell you it's going to pinch and irritate. It looks like it's just catching her nipples-- what happens when she turns to look over her shoulder? And if she ever pushes out her chest they're bound to pop out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Theking78 View Post
    It's not the shadow, she has a skull like paint on her face, that's why she's almost white in the frotnof her face.
    Thank you for your point of view, I'll think about that when I'll finish this one!
    Id make the dark areas around the skull more black so it looks like paint. because at the moment, it looks like a shadow.

look up some refs: http://content5.videojug.com/32/32fd...-the-skull.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I finally had the time to work a little more on this one, it's still unfinished yet but more close to the end
    Of course I'm posting this here to have another round of suggestion by CA members

Fantasy Illustration

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Coming along well! I think the colors in this are working pretty well. For the moment, 3 things stand out to me, and all of them can be improved by getting some good reference- left girl's breasts, her sword, and right girl's right hand. The hand especially needs some reference, we should be able to see her knuckles from that angle. The sword, in addition to needing reference, could probably use some of the picture's colors reflecting off it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job so far.
    I think you need to add some anatomy to the arms of both girls. Usually there is a slight drop shadow from the deltoideus falling on the triceps/biceps even with not muscular people. Look at some references and your own arms.
    Also I think that most of the sword's edge would be in shadow, not just the lower side. I'd add just rim light on the edge of the edge :-)
    Oh and I'm not sure why you chopped off the left girl's arm and cropped the image like this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Couple additional things I see...
    - As it is drawn now, the left girl looks very flat-chested. If that is intended, then fine, otherwise I would plump up the breasts and have them popping/slipping out from behind the leather strap in all directions.
    - Left girl's head seems a bit far forward to me. Either she would be really straining to get her head that far forward or she has very bad posture. I think it's especially in relation to the shoulder that is creating the effect.
    - I don't know if it looks different at higher resolution, but the left girl's gaze doesn't effectively look to me like she is staring at the person in front of her. It looks more upward and off to her left side. Maybe this is the intended positioning, with the left girl being closer to the viewer than the right, but it's almost an illusional contrast since the right girl is larger. Creates some visual dissonance.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.