Ilya Repin St.Petersburg State Academy of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture - Page 18
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Ilya Repin St.Petersburg State Academy of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello,just joining to say that i would like to know if the repin institute would be more open to international in the future?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by elfenomeno View Post
    Hello,just joining to say that i would like to know if the repin institute would be more open to international in the future?
    If you are Chineese, you very welcome. Otherwise, do not disturb.
    Read this first

http://chuvinstyle.blogspot.ru/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much for all the information about the Russian academy- it's so difficult to research academies when there is a language barrier. I'm really interested in starting the prep year in October but I still have a few questions if anyone could help me out?
    I've already got a degree in fine art from Australia, so I basically just want to refine my drawing & painting skills because my degree failed to teach me much on the practical/technical side! So, I would like to do the prep year but I'm not sure if I can afford the whole year - is it possible to enrol for 6mths, then if my money situation is going ok (it all depends on living expenses over there), enrol for the 2nd half of the prep year?
    Also, If I finish the prep year & get accepted into the academy, could I defer doing the course for a year or 2 so that I could work back home to get the funds together?
    I've been trying to research living expenses in St Petersburg & have come to an estimate of $500/month to get by very basically - does this seem reasonable or am I way off base with that guess?!
    Also, not much has been said on the Russian language classes. I don't speak a word of Russian (I will try to work on that before I go!) so do the language lessons start at the very basics & how difficult are they? 3 hours a day is a lot of Russian when my main concern is to learn art skills.
    I read through the blog that you suggested Lena (James Sondow blog "Stranger in a Strange Land") - thank you that was a good insight into life there. But it led me to believe that because the class sizes are so big, you don't really get much 1 to 1 time with the teachers - is that true?

I'm pretty nervous about the prospect of going to Russia by myself so if there is anyone else who is considering it, it would be great to talk to someone else about it so feel free to send me an email! I'd be interested in sharing accommodation options too.

Thanks for the help!
    C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there a summer course or any other summer program for 2013?
    Also, I failed Googling, is there any place showing accepted portfolios for either the summer program or the full diploma?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Any info about the prep course for this year 2013...Deadlines and portfolios..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, any news from the Academy...? I'd like to gather as much information as I can to be prepared, because I want to attend prep course next year.

edit: some basic questions that come to my mind, I know some been asked but the answers probably changed and I want to make sure.

1. How much is current price of prep course? Is it planned to be incrased next year? Do I need to pay all at once or in installments?

2. How much should I roughly expect to spend on living in St.Petersburg?

3. About portfolio for prep course: how I deliver it, are photos of works enough? It is possible to not be accepted? Also, should be oil paintings necessarily made on canvas?

Any info would be very appreciated!

Last edited by hu-ha; August 13th, 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For those of you in the US interested. Iliya Mirchonik, a graduate from the Repin Academy will be teaching a workshop at the Southern Atelier in Sarasota, FL October 10th through the 13th.

The contact info:
    info@southernatelier.org
    (941) 753-7755

Name:  1015647_10151470934948869_384578376_o (1).jpg
Views: 578
Size:  544.2 KBName:  p_IMG_1405.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  376.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone,

It's been year(s) since my last visit to this unique forum (i don't flatter, we all know it's true)...
    I've been reading, but I didn't have time to participate.

I'll try to answer at least some questions now.

1. Summer Academy
    This year they provided a person who doesn't speak English, all communication was done thanks to Google translator.
    They plan to run this program every year, in June and July. For all Summer Academy questions you can try to contact Olga Ivanova, iov.07@mail.ru

2. Prep Courses
    I don't plan helping with this any longer. Being a volunteer is a good thing... during retirement. I'm not there yet.
    Besides, director of this program (Ivan Aratiunyan) has made a big scandal last year, probably didn't like to feel any competition (as he was seeing the Summer School - even after several students have joined Prep Program THANKS to the Summer Academy where they studied for a month).
    Anyway, we don't communicate with each other any longer, and I find this to be more a positive than negative news.
    During the scandal he was screaming at me, finally asked to NEVER tell anyone about the Prep Program again. When I asked him to kindly let me know where to refer all those students who're asking me questions about the Prep Program, he replied - "Tell them to contact me!"
    I just want to remind you that he doesn't speak English, and if he receives letters in English he asks his daughter to translate them for him. Anyway, as I've been asked, I'm providing here his direct contact information: arutyubyanj@yandex.ru, tel. +7 812 323-2963.
    Good luck!

I've also spoke a couple of times with a girl who's receiving all e-mail sent to the main e-mail address listed on the Repin Institute website: academyart@yandex.ru. Her name is Dasha. It doesn't mean she reads all hundreds of letters they receive daily on that e-mail address (and eventually it doesn't mean she answers them!), but she receives them all, all right...

And yes, their International Department still doesn't have any person who speaks English (please, don't ask me "why"... it's pointless).
    The Academy stays very firm on a very unique position: "If YOU want to be here, it's YOUR problem".

Do I still think it's the best school to study academic drawing and painting? Yes, I do - I truly believe this place has the best art teachers in the world. About the rest - I better keep silent.

3. New book!!
    Of course, I also have my little selfish interest for visiting this thread.
    We've just published a new book and we're really thrilled about it!

It's called "Drawing Samples for Copying. Figure".
    It's just been released, we received the very first copies yesterday!!
    It has 132 pages filled with academic drawings of our students who studied in Russian Academy in 18-19 centuries.
    155 illustrations of big format, with many close-ups... breathtaking!

For ConceptArt members a special discount coupon -10% !! Coupon code: CONCEPTART (obviously!)
    (valid until the end of October)

Here are some samples, but you can see the whole e-book in the ISSUU library:

Name:  cover_500px.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  74.1 KB

Name:  sample_001_500.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  sample_002_500.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  176.8 KB

Name:  sample_003_big.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  311.0 KB

Name:  sample_003_spread_500.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  146.4 KB

Name:  sample_004_big.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  391.0 KB

Name:  sample_004_spread_500.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  200.8 KB

Name:  sample_005_big.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  485.2 KB

Name:  sample_005_spread2_500.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  229.7 KB

Name:  sample_006_big.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  420.0 KB

Name:  sample_006_spread2_500.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  183.4 KB

www.4-art.org - art educational books
    www.Practicum.org - art educational portal
    guru@4-art.org - my direct e-mail
    Russian Academy of Arts thread - all about it

There was a sign on the Academy building, “Free Arts”. “What’s that?”, we asked our professor. – “That’s to be able to create anything, but to create what you want to.”

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for reply Book Guru, and also for tremendous work of providing information about Academy. I hope I'll somehow menage to contact the director and sign up for prep course...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Book Guru ..welcome back

Dear Book Guru, I'm so happy to see you post here again.. in the last year I've been waiting for your answers.. still waiting for them.
    I think everybody who interested in Russian art should be so thankful for your huge efforts to let people know about the academy and Russian art in general, doesn't matter wether the directors like it or not.. art students are in very need for a person like you.. and I admire your love and loyalty for you homeland art. Russian art (specially Russian Academy) deserve to be teach and study in all art establishments around the world.
    Please if you have time answer my questions if still have them.. anyway I'll post them again for you as soon as I can.
    welcome back again, hope you'll bring life again for this thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm fascinated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does somebody know if all those works published here still exist after recent big fire in the Academy building? And if any damage did occur to their huge collection of student works?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi KirillK,

All the works published here (and I believe there are hundreds of them by now) are taken from different sources.
    But I want to assure you that no such works have been damaged. But thank you for your concern, really....

What was damaged is many works by students, from painting, architecture faculties and prep-courses. And what was not damaged by fire - was destroyed by water (there were about 5 inches of water everywhere after the firefighters have left).
    What is really weird is that after the fire was stopped (at about 6:00 in the morning), the fighters began to throw out of windows (3rd floor) all the students works... very cruel. Many students were standing outside, watching all this...
    Also, some students from architecture faculty were leaving every night their notebooks and other personal belongings there, in their classes... People say that it wasn't damaged by fire but taken by.... nobody knows by whom...

But people are very supportive here. Many other students began to bring and share their art supplies, easels, books, etc.... Even began to collecting money in order to help the students who lost everything there.

We're very lucky that the fire was stopped right at the place where begins the Church of the Academy and Restoration department (with very unique and expensive Russian Orthodox icons stored there). Otherwise the damage could be really catastrophic.

I'll try to upload several photos (i've also made a couple myself next morning.... photos don't transfer the smell... it was horrible - a burning smell all inside and outside of our Academy...

The classes resumed already last Thursday, many departments now need to share classes with other students.... The Academy always had a huge problem with premises, but now it's got really tight in there. But at least everyone is safe, there were no any victims, and again - the total damage is not as horrible as it could be.

There was a sign on the Academy building, “Free Arts”. “What’s that?”, we asked our professor. – “That’s to be able to create anything, but to create what you want to.”

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is the video about the fire in the Academy that I hope will be possible to watch. I can't find its original, not sure the link to the Russian social net would work, but it's worth to try...

Updated!
    The previous link didn't work, the Russian social group vKontakte, which I was advertising for several years, is now banned because of too much pirate content (books, video, music, etc).

You can watch the video on Facebook now.
    For those who're very impatient - begin to watch on 1:30 minute...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=792287000799756

Last edited by Book Guru; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:38 AM. Reason: updated the link to video

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...and here are the photos.

One - from outside, others - all from inside. Not sure exactly what faculty is shown, but as I've said earlier, Painting Faculty, Architecture Faculty and Prep Courses have all been damaged by fire and water.

Name:  yzsxU_HD3t4.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  51.1 KB

The back side of the Academy building is shown here, facing the small Academy park. Another side, facing the embankment, was not touched by the fire.

Name:  2uw6Tp-1F9k.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  4m_P11B-OUM.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  92.4 KB

Name:  6qJvNi_fU1w.jpg
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  28oxyfFpq8c.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  CmzsoTZrYLw.jpg
Size:  80.0 KB

Name:  eJ2-c4IW50w.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  122.4 KB

Name:  f54WM7XIX14.jpg
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  qKfqEvt_7QI.jpg
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  NgVhYHS1Z3U.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  f4VqTvuZ-tA.jpg
Size:  80.9 KB

Last edited by Book Guru; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:57 AM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Members who have read this thread: 61