PS CS4 black and white problem
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: PS CS4 black and white problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb PS CS4 black and white problem

I have recently gotten a new laptop, but CS4 (and CS3 as well) isn't working correctly for me. The problem is mostly with black and white. In my sample file you see a gradient and some soft brush strokes, but the way it shows the black is not correct.

Also, when saving to JPG files, it almost never shows the same result, It seems to show the black very different than in PS. This is really frustrating as I don't see how my pictures will look. Also, sometimes even when I'm working in black and white only, on screen it seems like it weirdly green.

Also, when I color pick the black in PS, it will say that it's black. But then when I color pick the much less black tone next to it (lets say 85% black) it seems to think that it's 99% black. In other words, the difference in PS between 100% black and 99% black is visually huge.

My monitor can show black and white pictures just fine, and also gradients, so I guess it has nothing to do with my screen.

Does anyone know of this problem, and help me out? Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I think I know what (partially) caused it. It were my color profiles in windows itself. It seems my laptop had its own colorprofile, that didnt match with photoshop's.

There is little to be found about this problem on the internet, so you come across this problem, try a different color profile in windows itself!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.