Art: Heavy Spider Mech w/ physics
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Heavy Spider Mech w/ physics

Hello, i've been very busy lately and havn't been doing much in sketchup. i finally got an intuos pad and have been working on a painting project.

But this is my baby, i did this all from scratch, i even did the textures myself in photoshop. its full articulated and works in sketchy physics. I spent a month or more on it before i had to switch gears.

Please let me know what you think

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty sweet. Since you did it in sketchy physics I would love to see it a nice posed shot of it in motion as well as a movie.

Small critique, I noticed a few textures on the angeled surfaces being skewed a bit. Not sure if you realized this but you can do projected textures in SU which keeps the texture perpendicular to the surface normal.

Ideas are easy. Making them real is hard.
    Sketchbook
    SketchUpBook
    Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet, thanks. I don't know much about textures, i will check that out when i get back to sketchup.

I want to start something new, i have a better understanding of complex shape making now, and i want to make something that looks a little more thought out.

I need to look into the movie thing, i know its possible, i just never got to that tutorial. that would be worth the effort though.

making it stand up is a beast, i would have positioned the 1st leg b4 copying it, in retrospect.

I want to learn more about sketchyphysics, like can it save a position? so you can position then edit it in that position? That would be extremely helpful. Theres junk geometry inside of it that floats out, that would be the best way to find it and delete.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks good to me.

I like the textures. I still have to figure that part out. I haven't been spending any time in Sketchup. I've been a lot busy with work and school.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, congratulations on getting it working on sketchyphysics! I don't even want to imagine how many hinges/servos/pistons you had to attach

For adjusting pose, I had this problem, too and I don't know how to save it once you're in sketchyphysics mode :/ Perhaps new version'll have this feature?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impressive model!

Visit my dA page!

Members who have read this thread: 3