Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hey great work man keep it up

if your having trouble drawing attractive faces then draw from life or like google images some hot celebrity and use them as reference. like i would keep drawing what i considered to be "perfect" chicks according to the facial proportion distances, but they never looks correct cause it takes time to pick up on how faces actually look.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    o and i like the tauren one =D alterac valley ftw

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks very much!

And, Lightmode108, references would definitely help. Though it's not so much that I want supermodel faces, it's that my facial anatomy in general is pretty bad so they end up just looking distorted and weird.

But, I'm sure I shall improve with more practice.

And speaking of improvement, I remade a really, really, reaalllly old drawing, which you can see here

Despite not totally liking my work right now, if this is the improvement I can manage in four years by myself, I can't wait to see what the next few years of TAD will bring with some of the awesomest artists ever guiding me along. 8D

Thanks
    love the female figure study above. also liking the most recent mer-man ha.

A couple things you may want to look at that i think look off are:

the hair seems.....off. idk how else to put it. it doesnt feel natural with sitting on his head.

his left arm seems off. i feel like the buldge is slightly too large on the top of his forearm.

last, i feel like under his armpit on his right arm we ar missing a little bit of the lat muscle or armpit. his arm is sticking out which makes me think his lat would stretch slightly so you would see it. just a little bit more body there.

hope that helps...!

Thanks
    Thanks very much!

I agree with your critiques as well. I noticed the hair, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was either. It's kind of a recurring problem of mine, guess I need to study it closer. xD

Aaand practicing portraits, cause faces are definitely my weakest point. Went face-searching, and end up going with the ever-awesome Alan Rickman as Severus Snape. 8D

Thanks
    Great start your sb Andantonius! I look forward to seeing/ meeting you in TAD.

Thanks
    Thanks, Ninjac! Can't wait for things to get started, I hope you can make it to the workshop!

Aaand here's some more portrait practice, referenced from the music video Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap. One of my favorite songs, and a beautifully done video as well. :3

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Partly because I conquered a nasty art block I was having all day, and partly because I finally managed to do an open mouth without making a horrific brain-eating zombie monster (seriously, I tried to do a portrait of Chloe Agnew the other day... it was a nightmare).

Thanks
    Moar portrait practice.

This one was from a series on drawing portraits and drawing in general on youtube. It's most informative if you have a few hours to spare, check it out: [Link]

The basic gist of the series is training your eye to see abstract shapes rather than trying to find outlines of things to avoid symbolism. I kinda knew that already, but am still pretty bad at actually doing it, so I followed the exercise to get in some practice.

He began by splitting the image in to four pieces and flipping them around, then doing blurry indistinct values and gradually adding in indistinct shapes until it reached a recognizable level. Here was where I ended up at after doing just the value shapes: [Link]

So obviously my observation needs work still, but I'm a getting there. Each drawing is slightly better than the last, and that's all I need. xD

Thanks
    Another figure study!

Thanks to felixdeon on dA for the stock: [Link]

Thanks
    Post 8 looks great.
    Though the bamboo forest is dense, water flows through it freely.

My Sketchbook.

Thanks
    Thanks very much!

Here's a quick little freehand portrait I did of my DnD character. I think I've made decent improvement over my previous freehand portraits. Just gotta keep on working.

Thanks
    Finally finished that anatomy study I started a while back, following along with the video series The Structure of Man.

I did the whole thing reasonably high-res with each muscle on its own layer, so I'm going to back and do it one more time and pay really, really close attention to proportions so it can be used for a convenient anatomy reference.

Thanks
    And here's another portrait; done half for practice, half for fun.

It's referenced from Beyoncé's music video for the song Video Phone. I always thought the makeup in this shot was really cool, so it was lots of fun to paint.

Still have some issues with facial construction, but I'll get there.

Thanks
    Tralala, more portrait practice.

This one's of Baroness Rodmilla de Ghent, portrayed by Anjelica Huston in the movie Ever After.

I think the skintones turned out pretty well, I've just gotta get the hang of perspective on the facial features.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast