Sketchbook: The Alchemy Codex. (Pavel's Continuing Sketchbook)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Alchemy Codex. (Pavel's Continuing Sketchbook)

Hey gang. I have been lurking for a while and made a few attempts at sb's in the past. This is a more serious attempt as I've been drawing quite a bit more. I have been drawing seriously since 2003 and I was in an internship with a small toy company named W.T.K. (No longer exists) I was studying under a unique group of artists. Walter McDaniel, Micah Johnson, Carlos Franco, and Nelson Blake. I was exposed to this idea of what "professional art" could be like and I have been eagerly seeking improvement ever since then. This batch of drawing represents my most recent batches of art. I will try to update this sketchbook a couple of times a week as I have more drawings complete. Note I primarily work in blue and white and black and white.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Pavel's Sketchbook

The Second Level

Visit me on DeviantArt!!!

Art is a life-time endeavor and a process of growth.-Pavel Vargas
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More recent works.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start. Try lightening up your strokes to make the drawings more fluid and life-like. And make sure proportions are correct when doing the anatomy studies. Try copying directly from an art book like Loomis' or something. And try drawing a self portrait by looking at yourself in the mirror. Hope that helps!

Here's my sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Blizzard-Thanks for the response its much appreciated. I do actually have a ton of Loomis lessons thanks to this community as a matter of fact. I study Loomis, Hart, Sheppard, and a few other artists. I have a very large book library and I am constantly updating it. I am always looking for that certain new technique or art style that will help me take my work to the next level. Anyway, I appreciate the critiques and thanks for the tip. Please keep an eye on my new works. I am gonna try my damndest to keep this thread alive.

These three new sketches were done yesterday and today. I am currently working on studying my basic head drawings so that I can get better at expression and emotions. I uploaded my process of drawing so that you guys can see where I am coming from with my construction process and help me correct my mistakes. I am gonna go back to drawing now, ciao gang.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are the latest scans. I've been heavily drawing some of my characters of late. Namely Lorenor and Creno Valour. These are my most current drawings. I haven't been drawing as much as I would like to, but I'm about to remedy that. Hopefully I can get a few more pages done today!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.