Art: Win/Fail?

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Win/Fail?

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Win/Fail?

First - apologies if you've seen these images before. I have posted one or two of them before.

Win/Fail?

Win/Fail?

Win/Fail?

Win/Fail?

Win/Fail?

Win/Fail?

I'm currently studying an illustration MA - and have been tasked with looking at the criteria by which I measure degrees of success within an image. Of course I have my own ideas - but as part of my studies I'm throwing this one wide open... and can think of no better place than the CA.org forum.

I've had some interesting feedback already - bit if anyone is interested in posting a response to the following questions (with regards to the images I have produced and included here) - that would be BRILLIANT.

1. Other than 'being able to successfully answer a clients requirements' - what qualities do you look for in an illustration/artwork, and what differentiates a successful image from an 'also ran'.

2. Much of my work on this MA has swung between digital and traditional media (and sometimes a hybrid of both). Do you have a preference for either aesthetic/process? If so - why is this?

3. What route has brought you to the above conclusions? (Please give a quick summary of your place in the industry - and a little insight into how you have come to form your opinions). If you are not a commissioner or maker, or don't feel this is relevant - don't worry about this one.

If - like me - you have an 'if it looks good - it is good' take on the whole thing... no problem. But - try and define 'brilliant' in general terms rather than 'Good' or 'OK'.

Please feel free to message me directly if you'd rather not post publicly.

Many thanks -

Aaron.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.