Sketchbook: Nlete's Sketchbook, updating again! - Page 3

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    more Loomis.

Diarium - I want to draw characters and stuff, not environment and others. I may try those later on, but the first prio now to get a good sense of the human figure. That's why I'm doing Loomis a lot.
    Drawing from life is really helpful, but now i tend to use my tablet all the time... maybe i should search for my sketchbook and pencils

Attached Images Attached Images        
    {I know you want to click -----> !(MY)HERE(SB)! <----- kcilc ot tnaw uoy wonk I}
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    lol I understand that. What I was trying to get at is that doing still life increases your ability to turn 3d objects into 2d( transland on to paper) and it makes your ability to see detail a lot better then what it was before. Even in charater design it still the most important thing to do because you learn how things learn, loomis and bridgman can only take you so far. you can ask just about anyone on the website and they will tell you that it is really improtant to draw from things around you.

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    yeah, i know the importance of drawing from life. I'm just not really into still life stuff, but i think i should do that aswell sometimes. I can try...

{I know you want to click -----> !(MY)HERE(SB)! <----- kcilc ot tnaw uoy wonk I}

Thanks
    Everything Diarum says is absolutely true. Being able to transfer how something changes through space is the basis of drawing and thereby painting realistically- no matter what the subject matter is. When you have a photo or someone else's drawing, it is much more difficult to stay in the mindset that allows you to grasp that the object the 3 dimensional, and how to render as if it were so. In your latest post you are trying to show the body in different view, but are actually showing them as cutout of a body in the view. They lack the roundness that means they are 3D.

You are working very hard with all these anatomical studies! Just mix it up a bit and I'm sure you'll be off to the races! :sugnod:

Thanks
    Hey Pixie Trick, thank you for stopping by. Yeah, those are more like "maps", just memoryzing the landmarks.
    I should do some still lifes now

Thanks
    You wanted it, here you go
    1. Still life sketch
    2-3. My hand, practicing foreshortened view, and started to do a value study from it, but it sucked and i'm sleepy

Thanks
    Moar loomis

Thanks
    Moar Loomis, i like this mannikin drawing stuff

Thanks
    Those manikins really seems to have helped with the dimensionality. Lovely work on the life drawings too.

Thanks
    Baneling from Starcraft 2, just for fun

Thanks
    Loomis

Thanks
    loomis

Thanks
    Szia!

Na,végre találtam egy magyart az oldalon!Nem volt sok időm eddig,később átfutom az összes oldalt,de amit eddig láttam,az tetszik!Feliratkoztam,csak így tovább!
    (that was hungarian language)

EDIT:Na,átnéztem.Sok a fejlődés,szépen haladsz,a tónusok és az árnyékolás nagyon tetszik!
    (csak mellékesen:Az erősítőd odab*sz! Gondolom,gitározol,nem?Egyébként merre laksz?)

MY SKETCHBOOK
    Friends' sketchbooks:
    Novbert
    BluezAce
    CarlSpringer

LtPlissken

"Storytelling is my passion.Shadows and lights are my muse.Art is my first love"-Shawn Martinbrough

http://www.freerice.com/-Help the starving by playing a trivia-each right answer means 10 grains of rice for the starving people!

http://durian.blender.org/-Awesome 3D movie project with Blender,a free 3D software!Check it out!

Thanks
    lo úgy gondolja, hogy így beszél egy másik nyelvet trükkös mi? : P google fordító a győzelemhez. Tudok beszélni bármelyik nyelv a világon nem igazán beszélt, hogy ...

Én nyertem lmao

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Studying loomis is the best way to improve. Just some general crit: try to work on line control a bit more. Currently all your sketches are built up of little sketchy lines and it really weakens them. William Whitaker has this demo where he shows exactly why you should work with longer lines (check photo #2 and #3). Maybe it sound like nipicking but this is really a must for any successful rendering.
    Achieving it digitally can be really challenging. Setting the tablet's tip feel to firmer value (lowering it's pressure sensitivity) helped me a lot.

"Try again, fail again,
    fail better!"
    Samuel Beckett
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thank you for the tips, i knew the lines was bad, but couldn't really make them better (not really tried anyways). Will check the link and try out better lines with lower sensitivity

Thanks
    Keep going, Nlete!

My advice, just take your time when drawing. Although I know many professional who could make many great artwork really fast, I think it's better to not rushing when we're still learning. Just do it slowly in a relaxed pace, be patience, and try your best at every line (well, it's professionalism. Better train that attitude as soon as possible, doesn't it? )

Btw, I've read Drawing On The Right Side of The Brain too? But until now I still wondered what's the difference between "seeing with right side of the brain" and "seeing normally" @,@

Visit my Sketchbook!!

Don't forget to check out this hot SB too!!
    Seraph Fawkes
    Novbert

Finally I met some fellow comrade from Indonesia
    witcrack

Thanks
    Seeing with the artist's eyes, don't describe the tree as a complex biological living thingy, but describe as shapes, forms, light and shadow. That's what it is all about in 1 sentence. (that's why you did exercises like the negative space drawing and stuff).
    I'm not rushing, i'm having a lot of spare time, that's why i can post nearly daily. Sometimes i don't feel like drawing (today for example) and i don't draw therefore My lines a suckie, because i never really tried to correct them, but i will

Thanks
    Teteszik hogy csinaltad a tenyer tanulmanyt csak egy kicsit nagyon szelesre sikerult, de ne add fell mindig mikor van idod figyeld a tenyered es rajzold le en is sokat csinaltam azt. A Loomis tanulmanyok meg jok, keep it up man, i wanna see even more studies!

Thanks
    hey thx for the comments, i just need that
    i got my new notebook, an Apple Macbook Pro, and i'm experimenting with that, that's why i'm missing updates. Will get into mac drawing soon, i just need to get apps for this comp aswell. I'm doing some pencils, will scan l8er

Thanks
    I am on my phone,sorry for the typing mistakes!Awaiting new drawings,and pleasd tell me more about the Mackbook pro!I wanred to buy one,but I dont know if it is worth the extra money compared to a PC.
    Cheerz!

MY SKETCHBOOK
    Friends' sketchbooks:
    Novbert
    BluezAce
    CarlSpringer

LtPlissken

"Storytelling is my passion.Shadows and lights are my muse.Art is my first love"-Shawn Martinbrough

http://www.freerice.com/-Help the starving by playing a trivia-each right answer means 10 grains of rice for the starving people!

http://durian.blender.org/-Awesome 3D movie project with Blender,a free 3D software!Check it out!

Thanks
    Well, it's really worth it's price, if you are dedicated to graphics and not only everyday work. The Mac OS is pretty nice and usable, i love that system. It can handle all kinds of stuff, and there are loads of free programs offering windows alternatives (like open office instead of microsoft office, etc). It runs games smoothly, i can use photoshop on mac aswell and it's pretty flawless. Ohh and i didn't mention the 10 hour battery, which is awesome I like apple!
    Updates are missing, because i cannot dedicate enought time to draw something uploadable. I'm having maturity exams in 1 week, and i should really start studying. I have 80 topics to learn and only started today. Does not sound much, but it is
    whish me good luck.

Thanks
    I do beleave I’m seeing some improvement with them studies, keep it up.
    I think you’re having some trouble considering your drawings as 3D objects though, I think continuing with life drawing will help with that. I can see it in some areas with the mannequins but then there are other bits that seem to be flattered out.

Thanks
    thx for stopping by, and you are right, i'm having hard time showing objects in 3d. I don't really understand perspective either, so still life awaits me

Thanks
    I like your stuff here, all the figures I also do that over and over and over, than
    I make a mass drawing I put tubes and cylinders on top. I struggle with nude
    drawing but it's fun. I like your profile picture.

Sketchbook - . Showreal - . Commission me - .

*critique* advice* help full links, is appreciated*

Thanks
    thx for stopping by. I really need to get posting again, and i'll be able after my finals are over.
    Character drawing needs a lot of training as i can feel, that's why i'm posting a lot of those. I want to get into this area of concept art.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.