Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My first sketchbook...

Thanks

BIG ART DUMP...

Haven't posted yesterday so I have a lot of stuff to upload today. I have about 11 pages from my sketchbook that I scanned in. God posting this stuff takes a while. Does anyone else get annoyed that you have to fill out so many little things before you can finally upload your file. I find it highly time consuming and annoying. Just let me post my shit without asking me categories and sub categories and shit. Anyway enjoy! Unfortunately no painting this time
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice start to a sketchbook, although the first few cross-breeds are a disturbing insight! Hehehe..

On a serious note, some good investigation work and it's obvious you are really serious about getting the muscles and body structure 'right'. I think that's crucial, even more so when you're trying to successfully blend creatures together and have them remain believable.

I checked out your site too, some interesting work there. Keep drawing to maintain and improve - and don't get so down on yourself! I think you're in the right place if what you say about developing is really your aim. If nothing else, this forum encourages you to draw regularly, there is no better way to improve.

~Slayer

Thanks

It's been a week...

I know I haven't been updating my sketchbook at all this week but that doesn't mean that I wasn't drawing. In fact I've been drawing every night. I haven't really had the chance to scan everything and upload it here. It's really time consuming to upload work on here. I wish the process was a little bit faster. Anyway, some anatomy stuff and work from imagination.

Thanks

just a still life today...

I haven't done much painting this week so today I felt like doing another still life. I think I need to choose more interesting subjects and maybe better lighting. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    these studies look great, keep up the good work

Thanks

some more studies and some imagination stuff...

Just some still life's and a drawing I did in Photoshop. I didn't get to finish painting the still life's because the light was gradually changing so I just stopped. I have more sketches in my sketchbook but I haven't had a chance to scan anything yet. I'll probably do that tonight. After my last still life painting I'm beginning to feel a little more confident with myself and I think I was having more of an overwhelming/psychological problem when I would sit down and paint. I'm noticing that I don't have that problem as much. Enjoy!

Thanks

another painting in progress...

This is a painting I started today. Overall I'm liking how it's coming out. I need to fix the window a bit but I think I'm going to try and finish this tomorrow. I'm not as overwhelmed as I used to when starting a painting and worrying whether or not it's going to be bad. I think that was one of my problems when painting in the first place. There main purpose is to gain more practice and learn from it so when I paint out of my head, I'll have a better vocabulary on what I'm doing. I'll be posting more soon.

Thanks

some arm studies....

Just some arm studies... More to come soon...

Thanks
    got some interesting stuff going on here, will be looking forward to see more

Thanks

some sketches...

Lav - Thanks for the comment

Some sketches I did later today. After drawing the dog from imagination, I realized I need to keep doing more animal drawings because I had some difficulty with it and realized that I had confused myself with something else. Stupid me. Oh well. Enjoy.

Thanks
    You've got a really nice start here. Your hands are looking great and your painted work has a nice feel for shades and lights. I do think you can benefit more from doing figure studies. Your monster things look really creepy, but the anatomy looks a little skewed still.

Good work, keep it up.
    “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” - Stephen King

My Sketchbook

Thanks

some sketches I did last night...

ActonArt -- Thanks for the comment. As for the skewed anatomy, I sometimes like to do that on purpose because I like the way it looks but I can see what you're saying. Doing more figure studies wouldn't hurt me.

These are some sketches I did last night. Comments and suggestions always welcome.

Thanks
    keep going more life studies try establishing simple geo form in you bodies then add detail.
    it is better to have sketched and sucked than to never have sketched at all.

Visit my sketch book at
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ghlight=Devere

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast