Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: My first sketchbook...

Thanks

some stuff...

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. I've been preparing for the interview I had today. It went okay. They liked my work. Unfortunately, they are looking for someone with more retail and consumer experience which I don't have. I guess I'll see what happens. Anyway here are some more updates.

I'm almost done with the character and I was experimenting with a creature concept. Enjoy!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

some figure drawing

Some figure drawing for a change.

Thanks

some sketches

Just some sketches I'm gonna start completing possibly.

Thanks

an update...

Starting painting one of the characters from the previous sketch.

Thanks

stuff

I'm working more on this character and trying to bring it to a finish.

Thanks

more progress on character design...

Here is more progress on the character design. I think I'm making some progress on this thing. What do you guys think?

Thanks

rough painting from today

This is an ear piece I used to use for my cell phone. I felt like painting it today. I spent about a half hour on it.

Thanks

more progress

I've been making a lot of progress on this. I should be finished with this pretty soon.

Thanks

another painting study...

This is a quick painting study I did. Spent about 20 minutes. Just something simple.

Thanks

I think it's finished...

So here is the finished character finally. I might work a little bit more on it but in general, I think it's finished. Time to move on to something else. Any thoughts or comments always helpful. Thanks!

Thanks

new character design...

This is a new character design I started today. Hopefully I'll finish this one soon. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Istmin,

Glad to see that you've posted many times. It is definitely more than me when I let life get in the way of my art.

Old Me.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...00#post1972000

The comments that people are giving you about anatomy that you dont (or didnt) understand, I think I can clarify if you dont mind. I'm just simply trying to be constructive here.

When you are drawing from memory, your poses, and faces seem to be very similar when compared to one another. Almost like you are drawing the same face. I did the exact same thing. I think its quite common actually. I was glad to so you dive into some more anatomy studies and some more facial studies. But definitely do some more. You will keep improving.

The heads in many of your drawings are leaning forward from the neck, although the faces are up and down. Though I assume that your doing this for the creepy factor, along side the often elongated forearms. But like you were saying, if you were aiming for creepy style, then brother you nailed it. I think these features are the ones that your peers are commenting on but not mentioning specifically.

Your figures legs seem a little slapped on, or absent, in most of your humanoid figures. But I can say this, your women are looking more like women and men more like men. Knock out some more legs.

My favorite thing are the sketches with the dogs poses. Those seem the most natural to me. I think that you still might be figuring out what is your best process for making art in general. I finally realized that I love using a pencil and then rendering with it, and hardly ever putting it into photoshop. To speed up posting I started just taking pictures on the iphone, because they were just sketches after all. "Mind Poops", as people around here seem to say.

When I am not motivated by my progress I visit MindCandyMan sketchbook, Miles sketchbook, algenpfelger (spelling?). Anyway they are some of the most viewed sketchbooks on CA, that span years of work, and miles of improvement.

<----On this note, you are way braver than me to dive into still life painting like that. I am just to lazy/scared to start messing up all over again in a new area called "color". Gives me the heebeejeebies.

And yes, this shit does burn you out. Take a week off. Watch a movie. Waste hours of work looking at other peoples sketchbooks (yours truly) I too wish that I was somewhere else in my art career at 26. But look at CryptCrawler, he says he's almost 40, and has been working on his style for 12 years. And he's in magazines and has his own MB download. That this is motivating to me brother.

Thanks
    Also, don't forget to maybe add a little bit of drop shadow on the floar, so your characters don't seem to float around
    Nice updates tho

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast