Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: My first sketchbook...

Thanks

another painting study...

ActonArt, Devere --- Thanks for the comments. I'm glad people are seeing improvement with my work. That means I'm in the right direction. I also feel more confident when I paint. I used to be afraid that I would do something wrong and I would mess up the painting but I'm getting more comfortable now. I don't have that scared feeling when I'm painting.

Here is another rough painting I did today. I spent about an hour - to an hour and a half on it. I like painting these objects if you haven't noticed. lol. I kind of like the rough quality and looseness I have. Thanks for looking
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Istmin52 nice sketchbook. i like the look of your OC, dark and gritty just how i like it. your PS paintings are really coming along. keep up with those still life studies cause they are really paying off. your paintings are looking good and are only gonna continue to improve, (i should probably take my own advice on this one and get to work! lol) i see what you mean about the soft light. the lack of high contrast areas can tend to make the paintings seem a little flat, but keep working at it. also keep up with the anatomy studies. your characters are already benefiting from what you've done and they will only continue to get better. i really admire how you have been studying both human and animal anatomy and incorporating them both into your OC. keep it up!

Thanks
    nice updates man, your paints are looking sweet, keep it up!

Thanks
    hi Istmin, thanks for commenting on my SB. Painting studies are coming along great... probably something I should start doing as well. Keep going. =)
    CA Sketchbook

Deviantart

Blog

SSG:

Sonia Leticia / Ninjacat / Demo / Odiolitos / Nicktrip / HolyBovine

Never too old, too lousy, too crap. Only too lazy.

Thanks
    I'm definitely seeing improvement in your work. Your painting and animal studies are great.

Don't worry about not improving as fast as you want. It takes time to get better, just keep at it and you'll see improvements. Keep on keepin on!

Thanks

Finally I have a sketch to update...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and comments. I think this is the most amount of comments I've gotten at once.

I haven't been updating much because they needed me at work a lot more this week to finish something up. I've also been doing some Flash/Actionscript stuff too for my class so that takes some of my time.

I've still been drawing a bit but I just haven't had a chance to post anything yet. Here is a doodle I was working on while drawing some horses. Felt like finally posting something. In a way it was actually good to take a little bit of a break. I think I was burning myself out. I'm gonna be focusing more on some more actionscript stuff until my class ends. I figured once my class ends, I'll really try to bash out a portfolio and do some real illustration work.

Anyway, here is the sketch. I'll try to post more soon. Thanks.

Thanks

just a still life today...

I haven't painted anything all week. I decided to spend some time today painting something. I spent about an hour on it. It obviously needs more work but I'm glad I did something anyway.

Thanks
    Hey man! thanks for stopping by my book. I just wanted to say I still struggle a lot with everything. The improvement is just because art makes you smarter. I understand things much differently than I did on page one. If im not drawing im reading about a new artist and trying to learn obscene amounts of wisdom from them.

I flipped through your work here and I gotta say I see good things in your paintings from life. Keep sharing

Thanks

A painting study and something out of my head

Steffler Thanks for commenting back on my sketchbook. I feel like I'm getting a better understanding of light and form by doing the painting studies and I feel like I'm starting to really see my potential. (If that makes any sense)

Today I felt like doing a value study of all white objects and something out of my head. I had a bit of trouble with the value study. I spent about an hour and a half on it but I really suck at drawing ellipses so I guess that's something I can work on. I also noticed some subtle tones with one of the caps and I feel like it's still a bit flat. Doing this was harder than I thought.

Doing the other piece was fun but it's only in black and white. I'll eventually add color to it because I feel like adding color usually adds more contrast after I do a black and white painting. I also notice that I'm getting better at painting hair. I always had trouble in the past but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. I looked at some reference from my last doodle I did which is in the horse study a couple of posts back to get the idea. Any thoughts and comments always welcome. Thanks.

Thanks

some more stuff...

Here is some more stuff I did. One is a still life of a skull key chain I found. It was actually hard to paint because there was a lot of subtle tones in it and there wasn't a lot of light hitting it.

The other is a sketch I've been painting. I did a grayscale version of it in the above post.

Thanks

more updates....

I ended up playing around with the sketch I've been painting, just having fun with it and playing around with it and not taking it too seriously. Also just some doodles.

Thanks

another painting...

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to finish this but I spent about an hour and a half on it. I wish I could spend another hour on it but I have to make dinner. This was another tough one to paint. More to come soon...

Thanks

A painting study and some more progress of the female character

Today I did a painting of an office building near where I work. I know my perspective is off and I should have spent some time fixing it but I mainly just wanted to paint it. I noticed this building is generally in the grayish yellow orange/grayish blue. Not really that much color in the building. I always find painting buildings a challenge so I should probably paint more of them.

I also worked more on the sketch from above. I'm probably going to move on from it and start to work on something else. Enjoy!

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast