Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks

a doodle from tonight...

Thanks Lav! Yea I've just been busy with work so I haven't had much time to draw as much as I want.

Basically I've been learning more about web programming for my job. I've been teaching myself php but it's actually harder than I thought when you are trying to teach yourself. I ended up creating a basic e-mail form but now I'm trying to modify it and yet again I'm stuck and it's not working properly. lol. I'll try to work on it some more tomorrow.

Anyway, this is another doodle from tonight. I might revise some of it tomorrow.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

A doode

I decided to create a zengarden website for fun and to possibly add it to my portfolio. I ended up doodling isntead and I'm thinking of using doodles for the zengarden site. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can go here

http://www.csszengarden.com/

I notice I draw people in general in the same pose. I'm gonna start varying the poses more. See ya.

Thanks

sorry...

Sorry. I guess I forgot to post the doodle. lol

Thanks

just a doodle for today...

This is a doodle page where I've been experimenting with anatomy some more. I've been looking at Loomis figure drawing book online. It's pretty helpful.

Thanks

I'm going to redo an illustration I did...

I decided to redo something I did before. There were some anatomy problems with it so I decided to redraw it. I think it's already looking better.

Thanks

I seem to be posting once a week now...

Well it has been a week yet again. I am liking how my character is coming out. The next step is to put some clothing on her and paint her. I also did some figure drawings today.

Thanks
    I know this isn't a drawing (well obviously) but I thought it would be nice to show you what I do at my new job and show you the other skills I have. I basically design websites and e-mail blasts. This is an e-mail ad I created at work today.

http://www.iantopple.com/Genesis%20C...terprises.html

I particularly like how this ad came out. I used html and css to create this.

I am still drawing so don't give up on me. I just thought it would be nice to show you some more of my graphic design work. Enjoy!

Thanks
    I just found out about this website but it looks like a great reference for human anatomy and figure drawing. They have a lot of photographs to draw from. I wanted to share this resource with everyone. Check out the site.

http://www.human-anatomy-for-artist.com/

Thanks

some sketches and figure drawings...

Here are some figure drawings and some sketches I did while I was bored at work today. Enjoy.

Thanks

more drawings...

Here are some more drawings I have been doing. I still find myself struggle a bit with anatomy and trying to remember things if I want to draw anything from memory. I might not completely remember certain key points that I draw from observation. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe someone has a solution other than, "just draw" because that is what I'm doing.

Thanks
    Do you mean it's always the same specifics that you do wrong? If so perhaps you should try and find examples of how it really looks, it would be perfect if you could look close at a skeleton and see certain things look and work. Then try to simplify it and draw it in different angles and once you really understand the form, it shouldn't be too difficult to remember it in a memory drawing.
    (Tho that being said, if i don't draw something for a while i always need to go back to the basics and remember how it exactly works again but i hope this tip will help you as well)

And your poses are looking very nice so far

Thanks
    Lav -- Yea that's a good point. I guess revisiting the skeleton is something I should do again. I'm wondering that it's normal for artists to revisit things. Maybe it is. I also sometimes find it difficult to find specific poses that I'm looking for. I've been looking more at Bridgeman and how he constructs figures so I try to do something similar. I still feel like I need to get better at drawing gestures quicker. Also, thanks for the compliment.

Thanks

new character I'm working on.

This is a new character I started working on today. Hopefully this will be finished soon.

Thanks
    seems like a cool concept try and work on your lines as well and don't lift your pen up so much to draw the next small part, try to make it in one smooth motion, it's easier said than done tho, i know

Thanks

progress

That's a good point Lav. When I get frustrated when I draw, it's hard for me to control my line quality. I'm not sure how other people do it.

Anyway, I started painting it yesterday so this is some progress.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast