Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Diarum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diarum View Post
    Some of the sketches above looks good! Especially the boat and your swan (no, it's NOT the swan of fail.....it's a beautiful swan)

Seems that you have an edge when it comes to rendering.
    That boat is a very good one (including the wooden texture) and beats your car thumbs down!

You're improving pretty fast, based on your recent drawings compared to those in your 1st - 2nd posts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xeon_OND For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon_OND View Post
    Some of the sketches above looks good! Especially the boat and your swan (no, it's NOT the swan of fail.....it's a beautiful swan)

Seems that you have an edge when it comes to rendering.
    That boat is a very good one (including the wooden texture) and beats your car thumbs down!

You're improving pretty fast, based on your recent drawings compared to those in your 1st - 2nd posts.
    Thanks, lol cars are a lot harder then the swan so I would hope so. I'm gonna try and do some more car drawings to see if i have improved at all, As far as that goes. I can only hope. I got the "new drawing on the right side of the brain" but it doesn't seem to help me out as much as it does other people, I think that might be because I had spent so much time on CA.org and I had learned so much from it. The boat is alright, I think it got the perspective off on it so that is like a sore thumb to me. I hope to have more to show soon, my updates will be random cuz my mom is the one with the scanner and she doesn't like scanning to much, lol the only reason that she even did it is so I would get her past this part in a game for the wii.

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diarum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Keep plugging away at that anatomy man! Also, might wana check out posematics.com to start practicing a lot with the figure. It helps a LOT.
    The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart DeViva For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Keep doing those studies man. It will pay off
    The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

11. The Following User Says Thank You to krel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks, lol cars are a lot harder then the swan so I would hope so. I'm gonna try and do some more car drawings to see if i have improved at all, As far as that goes. I can only hope. I got the "new drawing on the right side of the brain" but it doesn't seem to help me out as much as it does other people, I think that might be because I had spent so much time on CA.org and I had learned so much from it. The boat is alright, I think it got the perspective off on it so that is like a sore thumb to me. I hope to have more to show soon, my updates will be random cuz my mom is the one with the scanner and she doesn't like scanning to much, lol the only reason that she even did it is so I would get her past this part in a game for the wii.
    LOL, that book is more for total beginners and it's more for getting you to see subjects as lines, proportions, perspective etc instead of symbols.
    If you're already in that mindset, then it won't be of much use to you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Xeon_OND For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    UmpaArt - Yea I would love to but my computer is not with me atm so I can't use it for a while.

Krel - Thanks I think I need to do research to find more stuff to study till I don't feel so bored of the ones i've been doing

Xeon OND - I thought that it would be real helpful but I learned all that changing your mind set in Art 1 lol go I guess till my nephew gets older it was a waste of 17 bucks!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diarum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So what is every ones favortie music to draw to in here huh? So yea just lookin some of your stuff I have nothing really to say to it!

Thanks
    A lot of your copied stuff looks great! Combine the anatomy studies and build out your figures. If they're off, take a different colored pen and show the structure underneath and figure out what went wrong!

-Deuce.Rok
    Deuce.Rok

The Gallery
    My Gallery on CA

The SketchBook
    My Sketchbook on CA

Thanks
    DeuceRok - Thanks, I will try that soon, Though most of my figures seem to be really shitty I am gonna try and work a lot harder on my poses!

My drawings see to be really crappy the last couple of days hmm, I think I might be going through a burn out or something. Or I am not focusing on things that I should be and rushing things.

Thanks
    Hi! Thanks for stopping by! Great anatomy studies, you should do more of that. Hopefully you can attend more life drawing classes too. But really just keep drawing and know what you're doing and you'll do awesome!

Thanks
    some really nice anatomy studies you're doing.
    something you could try is to economize the amount of strokes you do with the pencil - try visualise the shape in your mind and lay down just a couple strokes instead of feathering 4+ strokes together.

Thanks
    diarum your anatomy sketches are coming right along, keep them up. i especially like the ones in the beginning where you just focus on the negative space and draw the outline. i am still very bad at that. so keep them up and watch your proportions. i also like the fact that you are incorporating shadow into your work already. i think this will pay off for you in the future. keep up the good work and can't wait for more updates. (btw, read your post in xeon xd's thread. i think it's really great that you are encouraging your younger cousin. keep at it, for some reason it seems to me that art is not encouraged enough in young people. at least it wasn't for me. we don't all wanna be accountants! LOL.) anyway, keep up the good work.

Thanks
    My drawings see to be really crappy the last couple of days hmm, I think I might be going through a burn out or something. Or I am not focusing on things that I should be and rushing things.
    Could be a bit of burn out. My advice is that you need to make sure art is enjoyable, after all if it isn't fun and it isn't bringing in a paycheck... why do it? Find something about art that really gets you fired up, and do that for a few days.

Also, perhaps a change of pace could do you good. Looking over your work I can see that your linework is really sketchy and uncertain. Usually I'd point that out and advise working on that, but maybe in this case linework just isn't your thing.

Personally, I love line... but that's me and not necessarily you. Have you ever tried what I call a 'painterly' approach? What that is, is instead of trying to draw out the subject with lines you instead try to form the subject with broad shapes. Rather than using precision tools like a sharpened pencil you might use a stick (or even a lump) of charcoal to block out the major forms and then work it over step by step until you're done.

For example, looking at your conical helmet from the 19th of February it seems you drew it out with lines first and then worked out your shading. Using a 'painterly' approach, you would instead fill out a silhouette of the helmet with charcoal and then use an eraser to 'cut in' the lighter colored areas. Or maybe you'd very darkly shade in the area around the helmet (leaving a white 'silhouette') and then 'work into' the shaded areas of the helmet with the charcoal.

In short, instead of searching for lines you'd be searching for shapes. It's a different way of thinking about and approaching art, but I thought since you're clearly interested in light and shade it might be up your ally. And if it isn't your thing, well maybe you'll have a bit of fun trying something new.
    -My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Thanks
    Hey Diarum, dropped by your SB before I shut down my office computer and go home.

Btw, if you wanna follow what Anid Maro says, using the "painterly approach", there's this book ( http://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Seeing...8216202&sr=8-1 ) whereby in the book, the author uses mostly a technique similar to what Anid is describing, in that he uses a charcoal / crayon / drawing tool to slowly "scribble" out the vague shapes, working from the inside-out, and the proceeding from there.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast