Sketchbook: Daily efforts and latest endeavors!(Updated 2 to 3 times a week though ;D ) - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Daily efforts and latest endeavors!(Updated 2 to 3 times a week though ;D )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your studies, but what i like mostly here, are your environments.
    My favor is these one with 3 waterfalls from post #97. Looks pretty surreal i like it

Will agree with Kvetch in some of your enviros you are using very saturated colors - which is not necessarily a bad thing, personally i like it. But it may be received by the majority as something naive.
    You may try to add some old masters copying into your working schedule. Should help a lot with learning about how to combine different colors.

Keep it up!, You are on the right track

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with tsabu, pretty much. Keep pushing and hammering out those little details! Do you ever do environment studies from life?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haven't posted anything in a while! I've been crazy buisy with school and haven't really uploaded anything...mostly because I forgot to.
    These are a couple of sketches, and then my first set of painting for my digital background painting class with Tim Anderson; a senior concept artist at Ubisoft toronto. This teacher has taught me more than I could even wish for, of course he ripped me apart at first and I learned that my foundations were weak. My composition has improved, and i've been trying to paint different materials to get used to them.

I have two oil paintings to take pictures of to upload yet, a 12 hour pencil portrait and a few sketches but I need to fetch my camera till that!

Attached Images Attached Images            

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, good to see you're back. 2-3 times a week my ass

This is great, like a dark souls boss or something:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1362066836
    Your enviros have a much better sense of scale and depth now, I really alien structure in the distance on the first one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just some more school stuff, will upload part 2 of this soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And the part 2 I was talking about...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My entry for the oretox songbird C.O.W

It was sort of rushed, and I think I played more with the color choice than the actual design of the creature...also, need to work on animal anatomy for sure!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My last assignment for the Digital background painting course...I had never attempted painting space before, nor do I have much experience with ships or vehicles so this was quite challenging. The color pallette to choose for space was definitely the hardest part...I mean, it's not just pure black! There's nebulae, one or more light sources, planets, stars, maybe some space junk...whatever it is. I personally just chose to add a thick nebula layer under the ship to accentuate it, as they are complimentary colors. I'm definitely looking forward to experimenting more with this kind of content.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sandy man; thanks for the crit dude, she was super-awesome! Love the design on the last few enviros. I myself am spamming the perspective at the minute to be able to do such things (hopefully). One thing i think that could be better is some of the compositions, particularly the use of contrast, and overlapping to sell the image. The last piece is actually pretty good in that regards But the piece with the song bird could be composed a lot better. First of all she kind of falls into the rest of the piece value wise, which sort of hurts the design as it kind of voids the silhouette which is so important. Also i get that the birds massive cus of the little dude; but the bird doesn't feel very big, seing as you went through the trouble to make an illustration you could have maybe placed the camera at a lower point to show off the creature. I think maybe for a design it's more efficient to just have the design on a plain background, with the dude for scale reference like in post 153. Also i would like to see some more form studies from life and stuff like that to push you're understanding of form. The designs are cool cool though man, so keep it up!

Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Chris! I'll keep all of that in mind
    Yea that bird thing was....a mish mash to say at least, I had a day off and tried making something in a few hours, and it came out being a rushed piece :/
    You are the 2nd or 3rd person to say that a worms eye view would of worked better, so ill also keep that in mind for compositional motives!

As of today, i'm officially done with school and im on vacations, so I sketched up a couple of whatevers, just....because.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got some really cool designs happening in here! I like your interiors and environments. Your perspective work looks great! That's something I really need to work on. Your character designs are looking great as well. Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some inspiring progress being made here. Looking through your book it's clear your character designs have come on leaps and bounds. Also loving your landscape designs (something I don't even know where to start with) Keep it up mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Thanks Chevy! My perspective has only just gotten better this semester thanks to one of my teachers....it was pretty horrid before that! I'm glad you like my designs

Thanks Interloper, ive sacrificed hours of sleep and weekends of rest for these past three years to get better...it's not paying off as fast as I would like to, but i'm glad to hear that my improvement is visible to others too! It make me realize I definitely am improving

Now here's some more stuff ive done in this past week!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spanky Tanky
    For practice and for fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow dude you have improve greatly! the first post i was like "ehh" but when i got to the last page i was totally jelly xD your perspective is awesome. your environments are very capturing. the mood is well established. i would suggest maybe rendering your characters to a more complete level like your environments. i was wondering. do you use tight line work?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm now selling my soul. I now have DA account...and as an international student, I do need some extra money here and there. Furries are all the rage, so I figured I might as well just try my hand at one of them to slap into my comission ID. For the most part I tried a more cartoony approach. Im not too sure what to think of this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello!
    i've been going through your sketchbook and there's some amazing improvement. your vehicles and environments look really good! just work on bringing your figures up to the same level and it'll look so pro.

also, if you're looking to selling some furry art, try furaffinity.net. it's basically nothing but furry related art. i, too, have sold my soul for the furry fandom for some extra pocket change, so i understand where you're coming from.
    as for your hyena, maybe don't focus so much on making it cartoony (it looks like you're trying to keep the anatomy accurate and realistic, which is good), and instead try to find a balance? cause right now that face it's making is a little scary (and not in a good way). but a good start!

keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just grinding away and trying to get better, attempting new subjects and challenges, etc. etc....I tried using as little textures as possible in order to be able to call it an actual painting. I discovered a couple of neat things about painting rock though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Massive update....so I haven't been on the CA forums do to school and I just plain forgot about it. Well, here's some of the work ive done since may of last year! It's not all of it,it's just what I found first on my art folder so that's what i'm slapping here first. I'm not uploading these in order of completion but i'd like to guess that it's fairly easy to tell XD

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Members who have read this thread: 6