Sketchbook: Daily efforts and latest endeavors!(Updated 2 to 3 times a week though ;D ) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Daily efforts and latest endeavors!(Updated 2 to 3 times a week though ;D )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NICE . i WISH I HAD TEETHES LIKE THAT .

On And On , I Am Cursed To Live Cursed With Life Until I Have Done What Done What Must Be Done . . . I Am The Man Who Would Not Die .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to raminafshari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After being accepted to max the mutt, I took a 4 day break from drawing, only to be followed by a mighty bad fever and a cold, hence I haven't drawn anything for a week...and here's getting back it it.
    I did this little fella in like....4 hours? I've monstly concentrated on organic monsters or robots so I wanted to try another texture for a change, namely wood.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't get much done this week, alas here is a little experiment that took me a day. Tried to contrast the warm lights versus cold shadows just for the sake of experimentation, given that often time when I had to add lights or shadows I'd use the eyedropper, scroll down directly from my current value and use that as a shadows, whereas this time I tried picking different colors altogether for shadowing/lighting. I kinda like the result too.

Must work on cloth folds too, I suck at them on a whole new scale.

and thanks for the comments!

That one country with all the polar bears, and maple syrup, and igloos...
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahh, another person who's going to Max the Mutt's Concept Art program. So am I, so I'll be seeing you around. =D

Anyways, I like your monster/creature designs and the way you colour them in. Of course, there's room for improvement such as with the anatomy, which is what I also need to work on. But I see that you're practicing on them, which is good. Anyways, see you next September or around there~ x]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    between starting my new job, french, the birth of my nephew and my computer dying, I haven't been able to do any digital work, but alas I HAVE been using this rare occasion where I have no personal computer for working to develop my skills using pencils....which I did a while back ago but I was not proud of the end results. I have a ton of sketches on huge paper sheets which I cant scan because of my A4 sized scanner(lol....), but I got 4 sketches here from my newly bought A4 sketchbook. And all in all, I think I need to work a lot on hand anatomy if anything. I do think i've improved though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did this yesterday, considering I mentioned how I need to practice hand anatomy.
    But there's only so much I can do on A4 paper

All criticism is welcome! (Read: PLEASE criticize.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A sketch I forgot to upload yesterday; I know that right arm looks bad...but I couldnt really get myself to that position in a mirror given im not a contortionist, and my jedi mind trick powers are not mature enough as to allow me to make anyone pose for me

Again, please do give me some crits if you have a minute to spare

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    still practicing with the pencils, losing the fear of shading and getting used to the fact that there's no ¨undo¨ button in real life. I realized I hadn't posted anything with back muscles in here yet, but it's not because I dont know my back anatomy, I just don't really like drawing backs
    I still need practice on anatomy, so thats why I drew this (I used no references)

Do criticize my work please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally bought a laptop, and now im back on track with photoshop works; the first one was for the CHOW challenge, and the 2nd one is just some practice, im still getting used to using photoshop again....its been 2 months since I last worked with it!

Crits are always welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another piece I took an embarrasingly long time to get down and finish, and im still not done with it....missing jet fire from the arms/legs but I couldnt get it to look right. Ill work more on the contrast tomorrow, but for now ill post what ive done with it,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright man to be honest I wasn't liking your stuff and then I got to post 16 and you just came out of nowhere. Great stuff, but you might want to watch two things, stiff figures and proportions on some of your people.
    Oh and about SMB, hasn't been on for ever and I was so excited when her SB was updated and it turned out to still not be her So you might be waiting awhile on that response.

Great work here. I'll try and stop by a few more times if you like

Oh and if you want responses on DA you gotta put your SB in your sig or else nobody will find be able to find you 0.O

FEEL FREE TO BASH OR LIKE MY SKETCHBOOK (either or is great 4 me)
    SKETCHBOOK
    My "Weekly" Comic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha no worries man, honesty is all that counts in life! If I draw something which sucks; then ill never get better if nobody tells meI suck, right?
    Its right there at post 16 where something kinda clicked, mainly because there were 6 months between post 15 and 16 XD
    And I spent those 6 months practicing, practicing, practicing......and im now posting very frequently! Trying to keep myself a promise to post a lot, hence practicing a lot ;D

Yea I get a lot about the "stiffness" thing, ill practice on that too!

....and btw, I cant find this on the faqs.......how do I change my sketchbook avatar???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool man sounds good to me.
    If you mean your pic people see when browsing the SB's all you have to do is edit your first post. The first post is what shows up as the SB's description, title, preview image, etc so you can change all that from the 1st post. Oh and be sure to delete or move your other image in that first one or else the cover won't change.

Hope that helped.

SKETCHBOOK
    My "Weekly" Comic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, thanks medusoid that really does actually help, I was getting freaking bored of that bust avatar......

my purchase of marvel vs capcom 3 kinda delayed my work a bit, but heres a WIP of something Ive been working on today. I kinda stood in front of my mirror in that position for 5 minutes straight just analyzing, uh, myself, and then splattered this down from memory. Im trying to come up with a reasonable background given Im not good at them quite yet!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, thanks medusoid that really does actually help, I was getting freaking bored of that bust avatar......

my purchase of marvel vs capcom 3 kinda delayed my work a bit, but heres a WIP of something Ive been working on today. I kinda stood in front of my mirror in that position for 5 minutes straight just analyzing, uh, myself, and then splattered this down from memory. Im trying to come up with a reasonable background given Im not good at them quite yet!

EDIT: attached the 2nd WIP image, everything from stage 1 to 2 was improvised(no photo refs or mirror)

Last edited by SandyMan; February 19th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont know why or how I came up with this idea, I just wanted to try painting a suit texture and practice a little on cloth folds and somehow I came up with an afro american bouncer with an orange suit and a spiked bludgeon. Anyways, this is a WIP so im not quite done with it yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You paint pretty well, all I will say is study more animal and human anatomy.
    and you say you needs lots of help, I think i'm the one who needs more help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sandyman, thanks for stopping by my sketchook. Your pencil sketches look very cool and detailed, also I love your creativity in your digitals. If you keep up your studies I'm sure that you can make some pretty sick stuff. I'd suggest basically the same as PeteJ suggested above; study more human and animal anatomy. You've got a good sense of it at the moment, but like the rest of us, you need to study

Keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WIP; im quite proud of how the face turned out considering I didnt use any photo refs, etc, although its not how I WANTED it to look from the get-go. This time around I think something clicked....found it very comfortable to shade the darker areas with a deep blue hue...I usually use grayscale for shading....but experimentation will hopefully grant me more knowledge

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IDK what happened with my last post, apparently the image never got attached? Well anyways, here it is.
    I hit the stop sign, I really have no clue how to forge it into something more awesome now, im kinda stuck on it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesantes sketches....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Watch the width of your people(unless your going for a stylized look)

SKETCHBOOK
    My "Weekly" Comic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
    Watch the width of your people(unless your going for a stylized look)
    I was not going for a stylized look, I do need to watch the width, thanks for mentioning that! Ive just realized now that the bloom on the arms makes his torso look somewhat burly in contrast to his face

And here's my response to venom and megaman not being in marvel vs capcom 3. Being an avid comic fan, i've read the angelo and mcgargan venom series, and I thought it was kinda cool how the symbiote's appearance changed depending on the use, so I took my shot at something original here. It's the first time I try adding a bright, colored backlight to my work. I think the pinkish light really does bring him out as a fully fledged 3D character. Obviously, I still need work on anatomy. I'm not all that happy with the end result of that hand on the back, but it's definitely a step up!

a couple of wips and the final(the gap between the 2nd WIP and the final piece was huuuuuge, I had to re-shade his entire body and add the details...so tedious....but satisfied me in the end!)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya, interesting sketchbook so far. You have a natural eye for dynamic anatomy You are heading in the right direction with studies, do more of them the glass is the best so far. Also your lighting and values on the last post are really good, nice rendering technique too.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Intheuk View Post
    You are heading in the right direction with studies, do more of them
    Thank you for dropping by, these types of comments always help me out more than one would think(and give me a cheery boosts too!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The drawing with the glass looks like a photo *__*
    And the head with the evil face is also very nice
    Keep up that good work!
    Reply?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadako-xD View Post
    The drawing with the glass looks like a photo *__*
    And the head with the evil face is also very nice
    Keep up that good work!
    Reply?
    thanks sadako! I always reply to my visitors ;D

Although I wont be replyingto much anytime soon given that 6 people broke into my house, took all my money and my newly bought laptop..i wont be doing any digital work until I earn for another comuter
    which will be 4 months at the very least.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.
    My brand new laptop got stolen a year or so ago, but luckily I dont do any digital stuff on there. I have a PC for that.
    Take this time to really practice on paper, theres nothing wrong with that and I really like your pencil work.
    If you want practice on anatomy and some clothing, try looking through a clothing catalogue. Thats what I do. XD And they're free!
    Best of luck, I'm sure you'll pull through. ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually like your pencil more than digitals. Your shading is very nice and clean.

digitals - try getting a bit more texture in? things sort of look uniformly plastic now, like the bouncer with the orange suit.

Sketchbook

NaidyBlack SpotEyestrainVK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by krysjez View Post
    digitals - try getting a bit more texture in? things sort of look uniformly plastic now, like the bouncer with the orange suit.
    Thanks for dropping by: Yes, I was starting to worry a bit about that, I still need to get over myself and stop using that round brush, I haven't eally messed around with textured brushes yet

After having my computer stolen, I was so damn depressed that I couldnt get myself to draw anything. A week later, I tried drawign a human face. The end result cannot even be described with the word ¨crappy¨. Shitty is what it was. Which depressed me even further, so now i'm trying to keep my practice time true in order to get better at pencils now that I can't do digitals. So here's my short at super skrull:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6