Sketchbook: Dark Razvan's Sketchbook (quest for improvement yay!)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark Razvan's Sketchbook (quest for improvement yay!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Dark Razvan's Sketchbook (quest for improvement yay!)

NEW STUFF IN THE LAST PAGE!

-------------------------------
    Hey there!
    KAy dunno how to start lol.. well..
    I'm Razvan, that's the nickname I choosed to have, and I like being called that way (not telling my real name >,>! lol) ... anyways, I started a sketchbook a log time ago but didn't ealy updated it, besides I was really a noob in art, but for the last year and a half I'verealize I needed to do a little re-start, relearn the fundations, and really pus myselfto the next level.
    I've kinda neglected the need of studies, or sketching, not because I don't liked itbut because 'I didn't had time to do so' (I believe it before -.-u), since I was mainly doing commission stuff, and a lot of works I really don't like.

That burned me down really bad to a pint where I didn't really wanted to draw, mainly because of that, but also because of some personal stuff.

So I'm really wantig to start all over again, but this time in the right way (and try to do the same thing wih the other aspects of my life), so I'm starting this newsketchbook, with the hope to be a really good arist, do stuff for myself (which I've been barel do foryears, and I regret that).

I'll try to update this on a daily basis, even if it's just a drawin, since I work from 8 am o6:30 pm... so basically all my day is spent on my job -.-.. but I have lunch time yay! so I'll work on those times to get my studies nd everything done =)
    Also, I tagged this a sexual situation since I'm gonna post that kind of stuff in the future since I'm also a ecchi/hentai artist x.x, and really wanna draw that shit good enough.

Kay no more words and let's go to the real deal!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dark Razvan; January 14th, 2011 at 12:23 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohhh, It's lovely and sensual and just absolutely delectable. I'll take him home now. My only thing I can find that seems off.... The pectorals seem to be a bit too dark beneath them, giving him the slight impression of firm breasts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

studies

OK, I realize I suck at drawng, since I've been focusing more on my digital painting skills for the past year, so now I'm trying to work it all, starting with the lines first, so I'll be doing this for a while I guess, not sure if I'll colour'em up .
    Any suggestions?is it better to do line/structure studie>value monochromatic studie>colour studie of the same pic, or just do several pics for each stage?

Anyways there we go, some studies I've been doing while at lunch time at my crappy art job -.-

All of 'em are done in SAI, the House one isn't done yet, gonna keep working on it, and do then the colour study =), I really want to do that in colour(loves colour! )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Razvan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Iiridellia View Post
    Ohhh, It's lovely and sensual and just absolutely delectable. I'll take him home now. My only thing I can find that seems off.... The pectorals seem to be a bit too dark beneath them, giving him the slight impression of firm breasts.
    Just be careful, he's kinda rude xD

Thanks! I'll fix that when I get to the colouring stage this weekend(gota hate my job u.u) and I'm glad you make me realize of it, I don't want him to look like having breasts xD

!

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sucks having to work a job you hate. No possibility to get outt of that and into a better one?
    Anyways, I really like the realism in here, and the realism inspired anime ( I guess teh first ine is an originally anime character?)
    Anyways, his "breasts" should be flatter, just lighten them up more (but leave a pretty harsh shadow.
    The colours are very nice, the mouth is also pretty perfect but the eyes need more work as does the nose. Try breaking the eyes and nose into planes. Reference can be good for that, try googling.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I recognise your username from back when I was active on dA. I think I faved a couple peices of yours there :3

Really love that first image, his face is just... difficult to stop staring at. haha. Great work on the eyes, it's so easy to make them look dull and lifeless, but his seem really alive, to me at least.

So you use SAI? I know hardly anyone who uses it xD It's my preferred program, but most people prefer ps or Painter. I really love how smooth and flowing your lines are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razvan View Post
    OK, I realize I suck at drawng,

You don't suck at drawing. You just seem to have a safe zone(portraits), judging from this images, that you could to get out of. If you have more stuff linkplz. :B

Sketchbook
    I use MSPaint.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, and another thought, haha. You asked about the process of studies. When you say 'value monochromatic studie>colour studie' are you referring to doing a greyscale version, then adding colour over the top with layer modes, or do you mean first painting it in monochromatic, then painting a seperate colour version without using the value study?

I would recommend painting colour seperately, either way. I used to do all my studies in greyscale first, then use colour over the top, but now I find that when I try to start with colour, I almost always end up painting things too dark and desaturated. And I don't think I learnt a lot about colour using that method.

Also, as for which studies to do in what order. Not exactly sure I understand the question, but her are some thoughts.

I don't usually focus on doing a ton of line studies, then a ton of colour studies when I feel I have improved my line work. I try to do a bit of each all the time, because if I do a ton of lines, then none for a while, then try to go back to them, I find it a lot harder.

I also don't always do studies from the same picture, for example... If I draw a portrait for line practice, I don't always do a colour version, or a value study, using my line study. Sometimes I just pick a different photo and use that as my colour study, without doing lines. I don't think either way is more beneficial, I think I just get bored of looknig at the same piece for too long xD

Hopefully some of this has been helpful to you :3 I look forward to seeing you update with more art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Janos:yeah it totally sucks, I hate to just being tracing stuff with illustrator -.-... sadly I can't get a better job =/

kay got it, gonna work more o the ees and nose, already noticed the nose was bad, wasn't aware of the eyes thou, thanks for he advice!

Azekariel: Yeah I love Sai so far, bee using it for a couple weeks and it works really smooth, I love to experiment with different software, btw thanks for te advice on the studies, thou I really like working on the same pic at different stages,never got bored lol, thou that's an amazing advice on not colour over the top of the grayscale, also I have to do many many colour studies sice I had the bad habit of colourpicking for a couple years and it's hard for me to get the colours right now lol >.<

Kaileighblue: well I mean, I suck at getting the propportions right in the drawing, I struggle with it, thats why I say that, specially on the face and feet, that's why I'm focusing on portraits atm, going to do different stuff later on.

Aaaaaanyways, here's some update, a studie of a photo, and some 30 secs poses from posemaniacs.com... jeez I suck now at gesture drawing xD, excuse me for the shitty lines, thou it was a nice exercise, gonna do it everyday from now on!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last painting is amazing. Don't be so harsh on you about drawing. Keep up the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    leanunlibro : I'm glad you liked it dude!

Here's an study I just finished,my very first rel colour study... god it was hard at the beginning x.x... really wa to work more this way!
    There you go!Hopefully I'll do another one when I get home,if no I have tomorrow to work on stuff since I just workuntill 2pm on saturdays x.x!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice job on the colour study! Yeah, they're tough at first, but they help a ton. And besides, you learn more if you challenge yourself :3
    Looking forward to updates :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

azekariel: thanks dude, and hell yeah, now I'm really starting to challenge myself and I'm struggling but it's paying off!

Anywayas, here's n update, sory for not beingto keep up the daily updates thelast days, but my monitor died, so I just work now in my jobs laptop whichs sucks.. but at least now with his studyI learned many many things, specially cuz I was really screwing it u, and I wanted to give up cuz it looked horrible, but I said to myself 'man you got to do it or else you won't improve' so I did... and I fixed a lot of the mistakes it had, it still has but now I want to move on to anothr new study , since I actually learned a lot with this one, andI Wanna use this new knowledge in my upcoming pieces.

expct some hetnai stuff comnig up x.x... lol it's been a while so I'll have to do some studies on it lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa... some very cool stuff here. me likey...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is so cool! It's great that you can really paint from live images and have the patience to go all the way! My suggestion (and this is just personal taste so dont take it too seriously) is to give it some real dramatic lighting and push your darks and lights. But the softness of the lighting that you do now is awesome too, so whatever works for you is fine with me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the goth girl and how you painted the guy in red. awesome.

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One tip: Treat edges in a painting always differently. Light and dark edges look different. Use them to draw attention to certain areas!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your style of coloring its very clean and looks realistic,
    i especially like the first drawing
    gooooood job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your style of coloring its very clean and looks realistic,
    i especially like the first drawing
    gooooood job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Boo!: thanks!
    CarlaEspana:I'll take that into consideration and apply it in soe of my upcoming pieces =)! thans!
    zerdron: thanks!
    Janos: not sure what you mean by dark and light edges, could you explain that to me please >.<?
    Schapen: thanks!

Anyways, one more update, kinda challeging, butdamn I spent to much in this one, and it was supposed to be just a quieck study >.<... oh well..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful sketchbook! I also like the way you color! My favs are the first one (great expression) and the monochrome painting in post #9. Keep up the great work

>> My Sketchbook <<

[SKETCH/CREW]
    ]Hanny & Cyprinus

"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Buddha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice Sketchbook. You have a wicked sense of values and colors. Just keep drawing and posting!

My sketchbook here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...75944&page=999
    (some nudity may occur)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cyprinus: thanks a lot!
    Myllys: thanks dude!

And here's another study, this time after Rembrandt!eek I dunno how to crop a canvas in sai lol ...I need to work more >.<!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

More studies, now I'm focusing solely on drawing, and make it quick since I suck at drawing and i take me ages to do anything just in lines, I'm getting better hou with this exercises.. expect some more stuff in a fe hours and hopeflly some stuff from imaginaion tomorro =)!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work. I love your contours. Great digital work too. Itz a bit hard for me to draw from life and pictures. I never can i just right for some reason. Any tips? Post more tho, your very good

Comment my crappy art PLEEZ ; )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the colors and lines in your portraits! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent stuff at the moment, and I think that you could add some perspective, composition, etc. studies into the mix.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome stuff here! The third color is looking very, very good but try and use rounder, harder brushes to make it seem less.... fluffy? I don't really know how to explain it. Other then like this!

artwork &copy; Wen-Xi Chen (acidlullaby on deviantart.com)

See how her artwork is very refined and sharp? Your edges are a bit too blurry and too... Bright, I suppose. Try placing these two side by side and kind of seeing the difference. Her portraits are a little "unrealistic" but it has the same idea.

Awesome line drawings too, by the way!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hats off

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Wonderful sketchbook! You have a wonderful style, really clean. I really like your portrait work. It is very very good! I totally understand what you were saying about commissions. I got away from them almost completely. Now I paint what I want and only take on projects that are close to what I do for myself. I'm MUCH happier. Commisions drove me away from art completely for a few months. I don't make as much from commission, (actually not at all lately- my situation prevents it) but my art is much better now. Anyhow, great work! Would love to see more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1