Sketchbook: Never-ending journey! - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Never-ending journey!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LtPlissken Yeeeeah dude! Thaaaaaaaank you! At the moment i already have a person to ask questions to, but if there is some other problem i am going to ask him THX!

Spivak000 Thank you! Every people are saying that the frog is sooo clean For the boxes i am just waiting until i like my gestures and then i head to the Vilppu spheres and boxes chapter

------------------------------------

Small update on the frog! Blocked in the rough values.
    3 Layers left to do

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Muahahaaha.....your froggy looks so funny i like! hope you do more details and proper lighting too. ill drop by later to see the finished piece

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

4. The Following User Says Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your doing great!
    i remember drawing volume shapes helped me a lot, good to see you doing those
    i hadnt ever seen vilpu until you mentioned him
    anyway keep going
    cool to hear you quit wow too. i recently had a period of starcraft2 where i would go hide in there instead of draw. feels so much better to have it the otherway around

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aks9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Uh yes yes yes!
    I feel that i got you all back to my sketchbook! Awesome you are visiting more often again

devastacio Thank you dude! Most people are saying that this frog is soo funny Hey, it is just stolen from my mums garden, haha And yes, i am going to make it more detailed. But the light seems to be alright already for me. Perhaps you could show me what you mean per OP? Thank you

aks9 Thank you! I am also thinking that my progress is good at the moment. I just have to keep at it! Other way around is like having holidys on a beach

Bethany K. First of all, thank you that you are visiting my sketchbook over and over again. Its great to have support from all you guys! I am definitely goind to finish this piece, just because i want to train these technique

------------------------------------

Update again! It is great to do such a work. I COULD even do more, but this is already more than normal
    Just practiced some hands as i mentioned in a few posts before and drew some gestures again.
    I finally feel ready for heading over to the next Vilppu chapter with spheres and boxes.
    I am still going to continue this gestures, but doing more complicated stuff too.
    And my sentences are starting every time with I ._. I am such a egoist Haha!

See you tomorrow and thank you for your great support.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heeeeyyyy

nice to see that at least one of us 2 is working hard
    those hand studies are really nice! you have improved a lot since your first post
    oh and i really have to try out this Vilppu method

greetz,

Agarwaen

Take a look at...
    My Sketchbook .-~-. My Blog .-~-. Silwynar´s Sketchbook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Agarwaen For This Useful Post:

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks! I like my fence the best as well - I got to find more photographs that have wind and snow in them

Right I like all the studies, i find the cylinder thing interesting as well. However figures are solid forms and I find that some of your figures look a bit stringy. Lack of muscle or something. So rather then work on flow, i would say work on form and then work on flow. Not so much detail just yet as well. Wouldn't worry about that so much. Also try roughing in faces a bit more here and there. I hate doing faces on figures myself (but i love portraits ) but I suppose everyone has to push on it a bit >.>

Anyways hope i helped a little.

PS: frog is epic.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    bwahahaha.. that frog is neat~ seems like you were able to get it exactly how it sat on your desk :3 and yes WoW is bad for you. i remember my friends introduced the game to me during sophomore year in high school... and let me tell you, it destroyed nearly most of my social life for the remaining school years xD i'm glad i quit that game. 'twas fun while it lasted though ^^

keep studying and i look forward to your future progress !

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to teapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're not the only one that's had to give up WoW for the sake of art xD

Anyways, good to see you're working hard. Those gestures look very interesting the way you've done them, might have to try a similar excersize myself.
    Keep up the good work!

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i saw what u said about WoW, and thats true, this game is really addictive, i have the same problem -.- thats why i dont draw as much as i want or i should. I'm trying to fight against that, and i see that you are doing the same, thats nice xD
    Good luck with your journey, keep up the studies

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    glad to hear you got off that warcraft. Never actually played it myself lol- I guess I'm lucky? N-ewayz, you should draw more. I don't remember where I heard it, but I think a master painter once said, that drawing should be the skill that no artist should live without. Keep drawing and shading greyscale, that will help you a lot in your paintings I think. Then again, painting is almost a whole new subject. But yeah, keep it up! I like those clay skeletons.

Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

19. The Following User Says Thank You to poetry man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Lukas thanks for your kind comments in my SB. I feel bad because that was back in September and I seem to have missed it until now. So sorry for being so slow to reply. I think your improvement in your SB so far is great. I really like your studies and paintings. You seem to have a natural ability with colour which is good. I was also impressed with the bones you modeled out of clay. You seem to be doing all the right things to me so now you have to just keep going to reach your dreams and make art your only addiction.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Marian Rowling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my holy god!
    Such an amount of replies!
    I feel MOTIVATED! :>
    Awesome, really really awesome! Everytime i see that so much people are visiting and replying to my sketchbook, i just feel inspired because i know that i have people which are looking at my progress and giving me support! Thank you!

Sean McClain Yeah, but i really wanted to do exactly the same as in a great tutorial i found. Perhaps i a few weeks i am trying to find my own technique Thank you!

Agarwaen Oh not you lazy thing! Thank you, haha! And YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH, ONE people needs to work But you are getting it better at the moment too. Just try to update more often and not getting so lazy again...

My57 If you mean my gestures then NO, i am heading through vilppus chapters. More form will come soon.
    If you mean my figures then you are definitely right! Really need to train these more. But thats why i am making this gestures. Just to get gestures right and to be ready to head to the next chapter of Vilppu! Thank you for your comment!

taepo Great that you found my sketchbook to after i wrote 2 comments in a short time, haha! Hm, some people are saying i didn't get him exactly, some say i got him just right. I think its something between these two points.

Naidy Don't say you too ;D Yeah, working hard hard But i could work even harder, damn! Thanks for your comment!

Zat If you are still playing i would suggest you to delete all your characters ingame and delete the whole game. If you have the discipline to do this, then you have a good way to get back to art

poetry man In my opinion i am already drawing much. These frog painting is something special i think Just look through the other pages. Most picture are drawings. And thank you! Be happy that you didn't get addicted yet...

Marian Rowling Oh, there is nothing you have to feel bad! I know a lot of people which dont reply to the other sketchbook so its really great that you dropped by! Thank you for your compliments. This is a lot of motivation to work even more. Great!

-------------------------------

Oh my god! That was a lot to reply *sigh* But it was awesome! So much people
    Just keep supporting me to my way to pure awesomeness (there isnt a word like this, or? ._.)

Today i DIDN'T work on my frog piece because i really didn't get the time to paint with oils. My sister is going to leave home for over 2 months and i had to install a few programs on her laptop, ...

But when i got time i drew some more hands, some more gestures and some more basic shape practice!

See you tomorrow and feel free to comment and critique.

Last edited by Lukas Esch; January 8th, 2011 at 06:20 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Support powaa's coming xDD
    Waiting for the frog piece. Did'nt see many artists posting oil steps. Thx to them the first oil thing I did had one only layer xDDD
    I would reccomend you to start sketching some screencaps... like... from here http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/movies/screenshots. To train the composition/anatomy/blabla in one step.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    seeing as these are all left hands-- did you draw your own from life? good job in any case

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

27. The Following User Says Thank You to teapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should try to dish out from time to time a more finished picture where you can put in all your knowlede you learned through your studys =). Even if it is not perfect, but then you can clearly see what you still lack on.

Ich denke das wird dir helfen! =)

I can do so little in so much time!

°.°)~ Sketchbook ~(°o° | Deviantart | Pixiv | dreamanime.de

You feel frustrated and don't know where to turn this frustration on? No problem here is your salvation!
    Just critique me in my critique thread and let it all out, please *bow*!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Klaus Reinbach III For This Useful Post:

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great hand studies above, but what I really really like is that frog on the last page! great lines for that (as many people have said), keep on working hard!

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Creusa Support support support Thank you dude! This site is reeeeeeeeally awesome! Big thanks! I've done one today, but totally failed in my opinion! The result is for me that i need to do more of them to stop failing!

teapo Damn it, you got my secret... YES! It is my left hand

Klaus Reinbach III Yeah, i should try that more often, but i know already that my weakest points are EVERY where!

ThomasM Hey! Great you like my frog and my hand studies Thanks for commenting!

-----------------------------

Just a small update for today. I will do a few hands and gestures this evening again, but nothing special. Tomorrow starts school again. And its not an art school *buaaaah <.<*

I took an awesome screencap von Creusa's website, and tried to paint it!
    Oh this is harder than i thought! O_O
    Totally problem with the eyes and the color temperatur in this painting.
    But nothing i would cry.
    I just need to do more that i get better

Greetings, Sil!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bethany K. Yeah! You are right! I really need to construct the figure next time. With construction i would be learning more too. I joined the "screencapbook". Seems to be all awesome guys. I think i am having a nice time there. Thanks for your comment!

-----------------------------------

Ohhh, what a bad day! School started again, came home at 3:30pm and then done my homework and looked through my new book about oilpainting.

Really good book! I think i can learn a lot from it. Perhaps i will get the time tomorrow to do a quick one layered oil painting.
    For my frog painting i need to wait for weekend i think. The new layer needs a lot of time because it is the most important one.

Today i drew my 5 daily hands again. They are coming along good i think.
    I need to start construct them now and study anatomy.

Greetings, Silwynar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh I missed an update...
    In #248, you invented a few things instead of drawing what you see.
    The shadow of the head is very different, you shaded the hair differently, the thing she holds is different too but I can imagine you concentrated on the girl much more.

You omitted the shadow belove her mouth and that's very important. I miss it below the right (our left) side of the nose as well and you drew a line that separates the main part from the right wing of the nose, there aren't such a thing.

And yeah, the eyes. In the original, they are a bit darker, it gives a warmer look. The shine is softer too. But what I really miss, that's her lower lid. It has a thickness, you know, and it often catches light... So the somewhat darker looking skin on the side of the lower lid (that somewhat turns away from the light) and the iris are separated though a lighter strip. I'd give her a softer, thicker line below the top eyelid, to show it has thickness too and drops a shadow on the eyeball.

Her left upper arm is wavy and her hand isn't quite good either but that's not a very easy hand there and hands are always hard anyway, at least for me and I think you can relate.

Keep the good work up I'm too tired to write nice things now, I hope you don't mind.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good study on the screencap silwynar in terms of capturing the right colors-- perhaps you could have pushed the value even darker on the shadow behind her head. also keep in mind the head construction and facial features

keep going~ you are doing well

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

38. The Following User Says Thank You to teapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Your secret highlight is hidden in the post #248, as you did
    that female to look like she is melted in wax, ans she is alive but she
    is suffering. You know, like in the movie "House of Wax". Now you
    should paint some tears from her eyes, or some blood cuts on her hands
    and face. Later you could paint as someone is passing by her and starts
    to molest her, as she cannot move.
    Hand exercises are ok, sometime out of proportion and form, but that will
    come to their place after some more training.
    Keep up the good work.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

40. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Screencaps looks easy ,i belive it's not that easy how it looks, i still gathering courage to try it, but when i make decision to start first thing what i should is to made greyscale cap. Anyway it's not too bad for first try

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Sivonja For This Useful Post:

Really good stuff.The screen cap looks great. Keep them coming.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man LONG TIME NO SEE! (laziness on my part sorry)

screencap - don't be afraid to mix your own colors, don't just eyedrop from picture

Sketchbook

NaidyBlack SpotEyestrainVK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

46. The Following User Says Thank You to krysjez For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey silwynar!
    one lil critique comes to mind, when i see your hand drawings, i think it might help to focus more on overall form. some of the fingers/bits pop out from the wrong places and i imagine its because you concentrate on drawing each individual finger without taking the whole into account?
    so maybe if you focus first on the big shape of the hand and the areas where the fingers come out from, then the overall hands will end up looking balanced
    thats my suggestion maybe its helpful
    keep it up!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to aks9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN How could i ever be angry! Your critiques are really good! Thank you dude! I will focus more on my next screencap. Thank you! Reaaally good.

teapo Yeaaah! Color went good but construction... Thank you dude!

LtPLissken Hahaha! You always make me smile. Is it your fate to make people smile? Thank you friend! You are always welcome! Next picture will be better! (Or is better! This update is awesome in my opinion )

Sivonja Yo, not bad, but not good too The more i think about it, the less i like it. Have to do one again!

Mitze Thank you! Yes i will!

krysjez Thanks. You are totally right. Sometimes i should really do a bit of my own "style" in it. And no, i was lazy too So nothing to say sorry dude!

aks9 Thank you! I focused most on just getting it copied. I need really to think more about the form. I will give it a try. Thx!

Bethany K. It wasn't that difficult! It was a good practice for fore-shortening. And yeah. School put a lot of time because we wrote a lot of tests before half year "school report".
    But now it is better and i hope to be able to draw more! This day was really nice!

---------------------------------------

That was a lot of comments! Thank you all for supporting me. Without you all i wouldn't be as motivated as now!

As i already mentioned in Bethany K.'s Replie is that school took a lot of time the last week. We wrote a lot of tests before school report. Now it is over and i get more time for drawing and painting like today!

Spend the whole day on a new painting. I REAAAALLY like it. This is exactly the style i want to archive more often.
    Atm the painting i like most since i started painting.

More drawings i've done last week in my next update.

Greetings Sil and good night

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh it's nice, it's good to plan to do such ones in the future
    I always plan to paint some enviro but I never really did till now, except some copies and even those were hard... The top right corner seems a bit too tidy, repeatitive but except that, I like this pic

51. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice start, as ltplissken said some of your hands have aspects that are off/ wrong. I like your landscape and painting pieces, keep up the good work

art is never finished, only abandoned~Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I attached tips below for ya! Hope it can help.

--------------------------------------------
    "It's pointless to hate people . . ." - Gale from Digital Devil Saga 2

CA Sketchbook | CGHub Gallery | Portfolio

54. The Following User Says Thank You to BichNguyen For This Useful Post:

h.k

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN Thanks! In my opinion it looks ok Nothing against your point of view but i like it as it is in this corner You know what i mean Thank you for commenting again!

ezekrialase Hey! Thank you. I need to focus more on my hands, you two are right.

orochigenocide Awesome! Thank you! That reminds me to something Betty Edwars (urgh) tried to tell in her book. negative space...
    Thank you. I will take care of it next screencap and paitning! Thx!

--------------------------------

Updated my waterfall piece a bit.
    Now some more texture in it and finally i like it. I got away from this clean digital style.
    NOW it is really as i wanted it to be. Thanks to a few people who gave me tips.

Greetings Sil

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 161