Sketchbook: Thunder's Sketchbook

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thunder's Sketchbook

I recently started to learn drawing, actually it started like 4-5 days ago, i got inspired by many people and my family.

Till now i was just drawing everything i liked randomly, without any studies just.... like that when i had a feeling "I WANNA DRAW !". I discovered some nice method of shading that i haven't seen here yet but i'll show it later.

And i just watched The 300, i though wow that's an amazing helmets they have. So i drew one - kind of from memory but with some help of pictures. Well i shaded the next day with pencils i bought and i think it didn't went so bad for the first time.

My target is the no. 1 (or 2 eventually >D) comic artist, and that's the style i want to learn.

I got on Loomis ebook few hours ago and i copied few of those mannekins, while trying to intercept their's proportions and all that crap.

Well, JUDGE ME !... or something something like that.

Any given tips appriciated.

I will update this sketchbook every 1-2 days.

Thunder's Sketchbook Thunder's Sketchbook

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Thunderfist; February 7th, 2010 at 09:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well today i mostly draw some nature.

This is one of those pictures. My first attempt to draw an animal, it took me 30 minutes.

It was supposed to be a wolf

Thunder's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I recently tried to draw some people from images. First unfortunate one is Arnold Schwarzenneger's body.

Drew in 30 minutes ,it's just a shaded sketch.

I draw on A3 and have a scanner for A4 so i can't really show everything.

Thunder's Sketchbook

Last edited by Thunderfist; February 10th, 2010 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This time i drew the figures from books and imagination.

My drawing progress goes from up left to down right. I scanned only one page.

If anyone's watching it, i could really use some tips from you, any given would be appriciated

Thunder's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there! You have a really nice style of shading, the helmet especially I think, looks really nice and realistic. You're picture of Arny I think really shows that you would suit comic book art, as you've been able to show off the musculature of the body with minimal lines and just some clever highlighting. Keep at it, and why not have a go drawing something or someone from your imagination? Use reference by all means, but I don't know, maybe come up with a character....you could do a superhero type one, or maybe a warrior, since you did that helmet so nicely....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zepheenia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thank you for a reply !

I will surely do some more imagination drawing when i learn more about anatomy and perspective.

I'm actually at drawing something "warrior-like-character" but it will take me a lil bit time because i want to make it more detail involved, not like 30min-arny ;D And i'll make sure to make him wear some stylish badass helmet ;D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool man! My best advice with anatomy, is to spend as long as it takes to draw it. So if you have a photo as reference, take out a book and start with the bones. Where are the major masses of the rib cage? Where do the bones come out? Then look at where the muscles attach to this bone and draw them accordingly. Then you flesh it out in 3d, with all the muscles and bones working together as a whole and then you can think about light source. Where is it, why are these areas light and these dark? Are some forms darker in the light area because they are further away? Lots of questions, and then try to answer them. Its a never ending, wonderful quest of learning! Keep at it!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh yeah and imagination is a good tool only once you have learnt how things actually are. i used to draw from imagination to test what i had studied in terms of where certain muscles attach to bone, or the forms of bones.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.