Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Wellpapp's sketchbook

Hi all creative people out there!

I have been watching this forum and all the sketchbooks for more then 2 years now and i have found alot of inspiration from everyone but have actually been abit scared of posting some myself, but i feel that i have the right mindset now to do so and would be happy for any comment and pointers i can get.

I will try to post both the good and the really bad since otherwise what would be the point right? :>

So here are some eye scribbles i did from hogarth and some loomis i think
    and also my first try at doing some digital work in photoshop, found a chili in my refrigirator that i used as a still life
    Last edited by Wellpapp; October 11th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    oh my god that awesome

Thanks
    Excellent first post, keep them coming : ]

Thanks

crap day

Today was a crap day for drawing, so tired from working all weekend and today so couldnt concentrate properly, but managed to pull out a really sloppy perspective drawing.

Marked some areas of confusion, am i supposed to draw those angles from a third VP far to the right or did i just do it all wrong from the start ? ^^

Also did one exercise from http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53517
    think it came out ok.

Need to go to sleep now so im full of energy to draw tomorrow
    Il do a new still life and try and maybe do some more _good_ perspective drawings...

ps. thx for the comments!
    pss. need to remind myself to do some awesome drawing from my head aswell... cant all be study stuff ^^

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks

quick stuff

This morning i read up on some perspective so at least i get it in theory now. Having abit harder time to use it when trying to draw a landscape for instance, i think i think to much ^^ need to start to go with the flow more.

Did one fairly quick (is ~1hour quick ? for me maybe since im new to the whole wacom + PS thing) painting from a ref, guess who!

And also found some old picks of dancers on google so had to do one of those aswell here is the ref: http://www.dancehelp.com/photos/hanya%20holm.jpg

Started reading Andrew Loomis - Figure Drawing for all it's Worth and sketched, for me, the complicated pictures in the beginning and not the perfectproportionstickmen so i got abit frustrated since i _suck_ at anatomy and proportions, but abit of struggle is good since im learning! But tomorrow stickmen!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Remember ctrl+s, remember ctrl+s, remember...

Today i was actually supposed to go to this big event thing with my boss to meet some suppliers and look at new lamps for this season but my stomach had other plans so i had to stay at home.

So after sleeping some i started going through the Riven Phoenix "Structure of man" lessons. Looked through 1-6 twice and followed along and the second time i did everything in PS but ofc i forgot to save... feel so retarded.

But did some of it again wich was good practice anyway
    Also some quick sketches at work when there were no customers.

Boring update i know!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Don't worry about boring updates or somesuch, entertaining us isn't the point.
    Keep up the studies and get well soon!

Thanks
    It feels like a million years ago since i first made this thread and i have to say i sucked pretty hard at keeping it going. About 2 months after starting this thread i got in contact with Jonathan Hardesty, some may know him as MindCandyMan here at CA, and enrolled in his online atelier program.

I worked hard at building my foundation skills for about 1 ½ years and now im on my own again trying to build more on the things i have learned so far aswell as learn alot of new things. My goal in the end, like so many others, is to work with drawing and painting as a living.

Im dusting off my tablet so will get back with some noobie PS + wacom action.

//Wilmer

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Some perspective studies, still getting used to the wacom so finding it hard to get a good flow going and everything just takes ages atm.

Also a pic of my new still life project that is currently in its assigning values and cleaning them up stage, tedious but kinda fun at the same time in some wierd way!

And last a cast painting using acrylics

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whoah man. Even though it's taken almost two years, this must be the most progress, anyone's made in nine posts Amazing studies!
    My sketchbook here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...75944&page=999
    (some nudity may occur)

Thanks

WILMER!

Hey its Zac! I abandoned my old account, you already finished your cast painting eh? Wow, i thought you were going to do an ear, change your mind? I better get busy :0

Thanks
    No excuses no more talk no more thinking about it.

Todays work. My gesture drawings are kinda sad haha but they will hopefully get better in time, not sure how to do it really and some feels alot better then others like they flow better or something, time will tell.
    I managed to do 100 of them! all 60 sec.

Also some loomis mannakin that i kinda merged with riven phoenix way of measuring his mannakin thing and it worked great but still looks like crap
    and finally a start to a photostudie im working on.

More stuff tomorrow!

Any comments, critiques or suggestions are always very welcome!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Heres todays work, worked my dayjob all day so crasy tired but tomorrow im gona go up super early and draw loads and loads so more then.

A sucky portrait study from photo and a doodle i did during lunch break

Btw if anyone have some tips regarding getting the creativity to flow im all ears, feels like i limit myself or my thinking and im scared of just letting go... i guess the obvious would be to just let go and draw but im having a hard time getting over that bump. I want to draw monsters/characters/enviros without worrying to much if the outcome will be good or not but all i can think is "its gona suck because i havent done enough studying of anatomy or from reference etc etc etc" maybe i just need a good slap or something

Cya tomorrow!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Still trying to figure out photoshop and how all that works but this is what i managed to do today. Not really happy with it, should have darkened the value that the cup stands on just abit but it is what it is, moving on!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Wellpapp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    awesome work here. the cast studies are really great!

as for the photoshop, it just takes hours and hours of practice. you figure things out the more you do it. keep going and never stop studying!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast