Thanks

Hey colorblind people

I was searching the forums and noticed quite a few people here are colorblind. It sort of pops up as a question or its mentioned once in a while. Just thought it would be interesting to share how different people deal with thier art.

I didn't use color very much in my art before, but since I started using digital touch up and coloring in programs like photoshop I think I experiment a lot more. It also helps that I find out about different techinques that people use, like working in grey scale first and then adding color in layers. Being able to go back and adjust my work in the computer helps a lot also.

My color pallets tend to be pretty limited still, but when I use them in my animation and stories they are usually pretty thought out and tied to the narrative. So it can be interesting too.

I don't think my colorblindness is that bad, but I think when I was younger it made me shy away from painting and things like that.

Whats your experience been like?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    im not color blind but i have a hard time to see the difference between some colors.

Like if some one write with a blue pen on a whiteboard and under that text someone writes with a black pen i see all the text in black.

sometimes i have a hard time to differ yellow from white and so on.

Thanks
    Well, I think minor things like that don't necessarily amount to colorblindness. White boards can do some weird things sometimes. And I think everyone sees colors a bit differently. There were some heated debates in my elementary school about what color a certain material was, with half saying blueish-purple, and half saying dark blue.

:p

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    yeah but you know those colours books with dots in them and the dots are different colors that shapes different object?

i can do those book, can see shit.

Thanks
    I hadn't thought about it for a while when I started college. I was sitting in an Art history class looking at slides and then a painting comes up and all I could see is this giant green screen. The teacher was talking about all this detail in the painting and everyone else looked like they understood what he was saying. It was like being in the twilight zone for a minute or something. Kind of funny I thought.