Thanks

Unhappy Is my monitor big enough?

i got a 15.5" monitor and am hoping to buy the wacom bamboo fun medium tablet but i heard that monitor size can make drawing a pain, if this is true then is mine going to be good enough for the job?

thanks.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Will it prevent you from making good paintings? No, of course not. I've seen some excellent paintings done on the IPhone.

Would it be worth the money to upgrade? Probably, if you can afford it. At the very least, it will speed up your workflow a bit as you'll have to zoom less.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meloncov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A5 tablet and 15" monitor = Perfect.

Still, a bigger screen will help you in a lot of ways. 15" as your primary (and probably only) screen is not really ergonomic.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 370 Posts
    Yeah, I used to do all my digital painting on a 15" laptop screen. The size wasn't too much of an issue, what is more important is tablet size and moniter calibration. Search for as many free calibraition tests as possible and try to get your moniter looking as good as possible. Eventually it is nice to upgrade, right now I use a 21.5" moniter and couldn't be happier

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Miles_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    up until maybe 6 months ago i had produced some of my best work on a measly 13" macbook screen, so in reality its the old adage that its not the size that counts, its the way you use it. that being said, if you find yourself in a position to upsize, look at any of the Samsung range, the ViewSonic range has a pretty good rep for colour handling, contrast ratios, and wont break the bank

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stoph For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 516 Posts
    I have one of the Samsungs and I like it. I bought Samsung over HP a year ago as the viewing angles on the HP seemed really bad. I didn't calibrate the monitor or anything and at least to my eye the colors between the screen and a print seem pretty accurate.

Thanks
    All right thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. but im still uncertain about one thing...

I was going to get the wacom bamboo fun tablet medium size, this will be OK for it yes?

Thanks
    On a laptop, that size is pretty standard.. but if your using a normal pc, with a 15 inch CRT or LCD, I suggest you buy at least a 20/21 incher. Right now they are dirt cheap, and the wacom still works proportionaly to whatever size of the monitor you have, so it's no big deal if the monitor isn't the same size as the tablet...
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GriNGo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have not experience painting with 15" monitor but in my view it will be prefect for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    I don't how what the bamboo workspace translates into actual screen space but the main thing is to have as little upscale as possible. If your screen is too big for your tablet, it will have to compensate the movements and cause inaccuracy. You will learn to work with it of course so that it becomes normal to you, but in the long run it's better to not deal with it. You can never have a big enough tablet imho especially if you're going to be using it the rest of your life. Down scaling doesn't have the same results as up scaling.

Tablets are like transportation. Why invest in a moped when you need a pick-up truck? Save up, talk your parents/relatives into investing and spring for an intuos large tablet. Take care of it and it will last you forever. You should always be able to use it on future operating systems and software.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    bigger screens = less neckaches... right? wrong?
    ►some guitar feedback please!

my deviantart
    my sketchbook