Thanks

Post I'm doing a few free sites

I am offering to do a few free personal sites for anybody needing one. My web design skills aren't professional quality, but you will probably enjoy it .

why am I offering a free site?
    Mainly for practice and to understand web development better.

the only requirement to be approved for this free site is, this offer is only for those who want to display theyre artistic portfolio.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hell yeh. ive been wanting a personal site, but havnt had the time to do one myself. ill gladly be your guinea pig.

Thanks
    Do you make the site personal (Then I mean do you take directions from the said artist himself)? If so then do you provide web hosting? Is this a static site or do you use any webscripting languages (php (server side, I know), javascript?) database? (Mysql, PostgreSQL?).. do you make it easy for the artist to modify his own site (upload/delete/rename/reposition his own work in the form of an admin panel or maybe an applet he/she runs on his/her computer) or does he/she have to contact you every time he/she wants to change the site? Is your site browser friendly (javascript (no ms tags) only) or do you incorporate IE only features (DHTML and javascript functions such as showmodaldialog)?

hmm.. and lastly, do you go the open source way (The artist has the right to take your code and add/modify/delete parts of it) or is it copyrighted?

Edit : Fixed a glaring spelling error

Thanks
    i have been struggling for the last days, trying to understand a damn thing concerning these php photogalleries.
    http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.p...BB2&file=index

to be honest i really think it's more complex installing one of these damn things than updating my html site. it was supposed to be "quite" easy to put in place, but it's hell.

if you have any ideas on how to install such a thing, tell me so.

sparth

Thanks
    Originally posted by talmir
    Do you make the site personal ( If so then do you provide web hosting? Is this a static site or do you use any webscripting languages (php (server side, I know), javascript?) database? (Mysql, PostgreSQL?).. do you make it easy for the artist to modify his own site (upload/delete/rename/reposition his own work in the form of an admin panel or maybe an applet he/she runs on his/her computer) or does he/she have to contact you every time he/she wants to change the site? Is your site browser friendly (javascript (no ms tags) only) or do you incorporate IE only features (DHTML and javascript functions such as showmodaldialog)?

hmm.. and lastly, do you go the open source way (The artist has the right to take your code and add/modify/delete parts of it) or is it copyrighted?

Edit : Fixed a glaring spelling error
    Then I mean do you take directions from the said artist himself)? sure, if there is anything particular they want.

I don't know how to do any server side, mainly just your basic html,css,flash site. as for modifying I will make the code as simple as I can, so it really shouldn't be too hard to modify. yeah my sites are browser friendly. as for the open source part, it's up to the artist if they want to share it.