Mmo Ww2 Fps

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Mmo Ww2 Fps

Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Mmo Ww2 Fps

I've been thinking about this ideal game for me for along time. MMOWW2FPS stands for massive multiplayer online world war 2 first person shooter.

This is how it would work:
    Two sides:

- ALLIES
    • American
    • British
    • Russian

- AXIS
    • Germany
    • Japense
    • Italian

Based on what area your side has control of is where you can spawn. So, even if your italian you can spawn at a german base.

You start off as a lvl1 grunt. The more missions you under take and enemies you kill the more xp you get.

Once you level, your rank will change, from private to private 1st class, etc.... Also when you level you are able to add to certain stat points. Some examples of stat points:
    Marksmenship Training
    Lighting Weapons Training
    Heavy Weapons Training
    Scout/Observerion Training
    Reconnaissance/Spy Training
    Vechile Training: PLANE(lets you have access to fly certain plane)
    Vechile Training: TANK(lets you have access to fly certain tanks)
    Vechile Training: BOATlets you have access to fly certain boats)

The squads will be based similar to Parties in MMORPG's. You get invited or are asked to be invited. Parties can be up to 60 units and can be as low as 2. The person with the highest XP in the group is person who gets the mission information and get the list of vechicles and equipment that can be used on the mission if accepted. If this person fails to give out the equipment then it's passed down to the next member with the highest XP for them to choice.

The game will be both First person and 3rd person(interchangeable).

The game wouldn't be meant for anyone not using a dsl or higher, and would need a very decent graphics card.

let me know your thoughts. It's just a dream i've been tossing around in my head.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, this sounds like a killer idea Davi. I've been off gaming lately and waiting for something really cool like this to come out.

What I'm gathering from you're saying are events and missions would be carried out in real-time, until the war is over and a new "session" will start?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    would be kinda weird to have a squad of 60 generals though heh. Would probably be better if everyone was the same in terms of stats youd just get more abilities when you level, like all those you mentioned. Maybe save ranks for guilds/allegiances. In a MMORPG where its just players vs players theres not really a need for a leveling system. Which is why it would probably work pretty well, because more casual gamers could still do something and not be cannon fodder. Would be nice to play a MMORPG where how long youve been playing doesnt determine your success, but rather your cold hard skill at the game and that of your tightly knit (or not) squad of buddies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

wwIIonline

hey davi, have you seen this game? : www.wwiionline.com

It's basicly the same idea. a MMOWW2FPS =)

The grapics are pretty poor but it's great fun if you play in a squad. You have to subscribe to play though.. it costs about 12$ a month, but heres a 2 week trial to see if you like it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that having a FPS shooter and an actual RPG in a MMO would be cool. Because, in Planetside, it really wasn't RPG mixed with FPS. It was just a giant FPS.

Having a single skill line will get kind boring and make characters not unique. Which is what many people find appealing in MMOs. Heres my ideal MMO WW2 FPS

You start off in characters creation...
    1) Appearence: Choose your sex, profile, outfit, and bios.
    2) Choose alliance and country.
    3) Choose Class: The names would be based on what country you pick (like with america, "marine" and stuff. The basic template would be Grunt (ground soldier), heavy weapons operator (cannons, tanks, explosives, flame throwers etc), pilot (general airplane pilot, with a "mechanic" skill to repair your plane after battle. Repairing would cost you some type of currency).
    4) Attributes: Choose strength, stamina, consititution, etc

The more kills you get, the more experience you get. Making more weapons avaiable to you. It would be nice to have weapons more unique. In Planetside, I felt that everyone else had the same weapons as me and I was no different then anyone else. Maybe even have clans with special symbols on their planes, or flags.

I've got tons of more ideas but I've gotta go! later

Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a huge battlefield fan, and of course many times have dreamed of what that game would be like in a huge persistent world.

I think there are intrinsically a lot of problems with mmo games however (namely everyone is a heartless selfish bastard ). I dunno, I personally think any kind of 'levelling' or xp aspect should be highly limited, or it will just be everyone clawing for the top ranks. I think it would be better to have vehicle qualifications like America's Army's class qualifications (you can't fly planes til you do all the offline plane missions/take the test etc). And maybe class ones too for specialty characters like engineers.

Also it will be important to avoid the pitfalls encountered by Planetside. There has to be a compelling reason to take territories/ capture bases, or else no one will work together on taking them or defending them. Also, Planetside I think didn't really know whether it wanted to be an rpg or an fps. It was too fast paced for the rpgers, and too complicated for the fpsers. I honestly think it's important to picck one direction or the other to make a successful game. In terms of a ww2 themed giant scale battle, I would think having straight fps action would be better, and have the rpg elements be more set depending on the character you pick (like the MG squad gunner is big/strong/more hp/slower etc). Because you have to realize, you're going to be dying in this game. A lot. and a lot of the time for some stupid or uncontrollable reason, like hidden sniper, or naval bombardment, or land mine. And it's going to be irritating as all get out if you

a) lose your badass marine raider character who is an unstoppable grenade launcher/flamethrower toting machine to an artillery shell from a team of newb junior high kids 3 countries over (in the game and real life) or

b) if you are that artllery man, or if you plant those mines, or whatever, and that badass marine raider just takes it in the chest and blows you away for trying it (because he has so high a level and so much defense and hp hes inhuman)

So in other words, I really like this idea for a game, and always have, but I think it would be better to focus on having reasons to have and defend more and more territory and less on keeping your character alive and levelling him up. Otherwise that critical base out on the front is going to be abandoned by the jet pack equipped level 50 bazooka men because they dont want to lose their secret captured axis weapons and they are just going to fly around the world looking for better equipment to sell on ebay.

- Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some other things I just thought of, as positive game elements i'd like to see experimented with:

Commanders who play the game like a giant rts of sorts, but I'd be curious to see how it would work if it was totally hardcore... just menus and tables of numbers. Sounds like no fun, right... but think of the armchair general grognards who would love to do that kind of thing, and be GOOD at it. Real panzer general/combat mission/axis & allies types. Then you would be assured that your general was doing something for some reason, not just because hes a little kid who got it for christmas and doesnt know shit.

That to me would be awesome, if people on the ground and the commanders had totally different games. Which if you think about it is more true to life. I like the idea of an all seeing eye setting waypoints and objectives for my grunt soldier.

Also, (more entirely different game for different people ideas here) I would like to see an espionage/intelligence aspect to the game.

Specially qualified spies infiltrate enemy ranks; their presence behind enemy lines gives the commanders information about enemy troops etc in that sector the spy is in. Just like the same information you have about all your troops, only for the enemy. The spy needs goals however... thism is where it gets tricky in terms of enticing gameplay. I don't think he should have to actually report back, counting troops on his fingers. His mere presence should give info to the commander. Maybe he could assassinate people. He could have access somehow to peoples stats/ranks so he could find the people who are qualified in dificult ranks or vehicles and off them. Maybe he could steal enemy vehicles and if he got them back to allied bases that team could manufacture the enemy vehicle for a time.

Ideas?

- Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think its a cool idea, i wanted to do something kinda like it a while back before mmo's were big but personally i think theres way too many ww2 games out now

VERY mercenary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    make an alternate universe ww2 game then....we can have the Axis wining or something then the Allies go fighting guerilla style....

After all, dog is a dog. A duck is a duck. But a cat is a person.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.