Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Thanks
    character designs looking good!
    and you look so angry/intense in your self portrait haha

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    chrylkk- Thanks so much bud! lol, I can be pretty intense, but I'm mostly happy

So did 3 quick 30 min studies today. And I tried to render out my figure practice which took a few hours

1. brush experiment 2. sargent study 3. banana 4. virtual pose figure practice

Thanks
    Your colors are really lively! And your expression in the SP is priceless.

Thanks
    i love how your style is really developing lately! those brush experiments look really lively and fluid too, i like how you've carried them across to the figure painting. Gorgeous colors and figures as ever this really caught my eye too. beautiful. more please!

Thanks
    Hey there! What a inspirational sketchbook! So much life and motion. And I love how it seems like you're really enjoying your studies, the only way to go!
    Oh and that virtual pose thing seems interesting, do you buy it or how does it work?
    Peace
    SKETCHBOOK
    BLOGGER - Actually updated once in a while.

Thanks
    skMOP- haha thanks so much !
    Jessibelle- ;0; yay, so happy to hear you see that!! thank you jessi!
    Vloth- yes! I am having a blast with the studies >: ) VIRTUAL POSE IS AMAZING, however, I wish it had more foreshortening, BUT it's really good if real life models are not available! I bought the books through amazon with the cd's included and saved the files, and resold them XD

So I'm trying new things, like painting metallic and reflective objects, which takes forever, but im learning so much. And I was looking through some sketchbooks on here, and some people are painting mma fighters/boxers and I got all excited and had to try it myself, it's awesome male anatomy practice and good dramatic lighting practice!

1. mma/male anatomy practice 2. spoon 3. metallic wrapper

Thanks
    Today was an adventure. I got really bored while waiting for my car to get fixed... So I tried drawing cars in perspective around the dealership because I still draw cars literally like a 2 year old with their first crayon, from memory... These are all toyota's. I feel better now as I start to draw new things, I realize all the things I was afraid to draw really aren't that scary

Any advice on drawing cars, or perspective in general would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Lovely sketchbook!, as for drawing cars I would try to think of them as basic shapes you know like a box for the car body cylinders for the wheels!.
    "You're already DEAD!"
    Princes of the Universe

Thanks
    I like the cartoonish stylization of some of your works. I also liked the waterfall/ spring studies that are in the upper part of this page. One thing I noticed, you can be more precise in laying lines and tones. Think zen - the right move in the right place in the right time . Sounds funny, but I really think it. I know I'm still not doing it too.

Thanks
    I think you overdid the bounced light on both the banana and the windowpane, giving them a little bit too much reflectivity.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 543 Posts
    just trying to figure out why this thread isn't 5 stars and why it's not bumped more.

oops. bump!

Thanks
    JamesSimons - Hey thanks man! And thanks for the advice, I'll try to break them down more
    Moonrage- Hey man, thanks so much for the advice I'm gonna try this method more too!
    tmth- Nice catch there, sometimes I overdue stuff XD still don't know what I'm doing when I paint digitally, thanks for the advice!
    Sickbrush- Dude, your thread, is totally 5-star material XD! Thanks!

I work 2 retail jobs now, and my motivation has slowed down a little, but I'm slowly adapting to my new schedules, trying to fit art into it, I feel like my art is starting to get a 'deader' less gestural consistency... I need to fix that within the next month, I really want to progress and not backtrack >:0!

But I'am happy. For the first time in like 7 months, I picked up a paint brush and used an opaque painting medium o_o I REALLLLYYYYY like acryla gouache... It's so amazing! I'm going to start forcing myself to make traditional still lives everyday now. I'm not going back to college in the fall... So I need to keep this motivation/drive going >:0000!!!

Thanks

Thanks
    mburrell- thanks man !

I am slowly starting to get back into painting <>_<> these are quick little studies on cardboard. And also a silly little painting with acryla gouache D:

Thanks
    This is really amazing. I guess this is a pretty dramatic thing to say, but a lot of your pieces literally took my breath away. Awesome!
    And here's my sketchbook. Help me out with some c&c?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast