Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    a la bapsi- Thank you very much :>!!!

I hate making editorial illustrations, I will never be an editorial illustrator no matter how hard I try XD.... I have respect and admiration for people who can pull it off. My illustration program is so focused on it this year, my brain explodes for every project. Thankfully I have degree project and digital painting to keep me sane.

(first two are wips)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm eating an apple. It tastes pretty good. For the first time today, I tried figure drawing with photoshop, from life. Not photo, which was interesting. It was very difficult at first, and progressively got a little easier. There's only like a few figure drawing sessions left unfortunately... I hope I can practice with photoshop for the rest of the weeks to come

I also used corel for the first time to paint an apple, for my homework for digital, it was... interesting. I'm not used to it, it will take much practice in that program... But I love how it blends... It's a nice refreshing challenge! I do not enjoy impasto oils XD....

Any critiques and advice would rock

Thanks
    New update! More figure drawings from life today and a homework assignment that im still working on

*critiques rock ;D

Thanks
    god, your newest stuff is lovelyy. This is a sketchbook I've missed looking at. Always makes me so inspired.
    I love the gestural quality of your figures, and your paintings are just damn gorgeous.
    especially this. http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...1&d=1290055293
    More, please!

Thanks
    dominode, thank you for the kind words ;0;!!!! It made me smile

This is my digital painting class final. Our teacher wanted us to make a painting based on something your interested in doing. So I tried to make my first legit enviro painting O_o It's supposed to be icebergs and glaciers and cold stuffffff, I need to practice color moreee.

A crit on this is MOST welcome, any advice to push this further would rock.

Thanks
    The enviro looks great! I definitely like the first one the best, the blue hue obviously makes it look colder! haha. If I can critique in any way (dont have much room too ha), I would say there seems to be more contrast in the backdrop than in the front (where the person is), I would sharpen the contrast up front and leave the background alone...think that might add some depth! Well, I like the SB, keep it up!
    "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
    Matthew 7:3-5

Sketchbook

Email>>MRRhoades@rocketmail.com

Thanks
    Super dooper sketchbook, so much variety and VISUAL truth and honesty. I MUST become more like you. Keep on postin....

Magiks Sketchbook
    What's taters precious? Po - tay - toes!

Thanks
    This is great.
    Now what you should do is read all those comments saying it's great and say "nah, idiots don't know what they're talking about, it's still shit" and draw even more and harder and better.

Thanks
    Rhoades- Dude thanks for the crit, darkening the fg helped a lot!
    magicpudding- thank you for the nice comments, just keep on practicing !
    tmth- hahaha, compliments are awesome, but crits make me want to work harder XD thanks!

So my semester is ALMOST over, ( i just have to write 2 essays) and then I have 1 semester and I graduate may 2011, and then take a year off and decide if I want to migrate to california for my masters

So these traditional paintings here, are my degree project that i've been working on since like January 2010. A lot of my finals have changed and I've had multiple topics of research for the class.

The topic I chose at the beginning of this semester and stuck with, was "the deadly female" I basically tried to create monsters out of females, and make big paintings... the average size of these paintings are 50" by 32" It was really fun, and I learned a lot. But I don't think I'm going to ever do traditional painting finishes again... I like digital, and I want to fully stick with it from now on, and through my portfolio class next semester. We'll see what happens, I change my mind sporadically.

Thanks
    Some studies from today (and imagination stuff) I wanna make these studies daily, everyday until jan 19th when i go back to school. Gotta get that motivation back @_@;

Thanks
    It's been a while since the last update, oops D:

School has been kicking my but in this final semester while working on my portfolio @_@; im wiped out x10. But, I've been trying to train myself to 'think' like a concept artist and.... make art like one? Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to make concept art without the concept, it's a lot harder than I thought. Just gotta keep trying and practicing!

Thanks
    little update for today

Thanks
    Here's a small update again on homework progress for portfolio! this character sheet is taking too long and I need to move onto backgrounds and other characters. And get faster at this.

p.s. it's not complete, gonna add some hat and backpack designs or something.... need to plan these out more so I don't get stuck half way through lol!

Thanks
    Love the painting style and colour use. Anatomy practise also lookin hot hot!

Thanks
    Alex- Thanks bud

Another piece in progress.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast