Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Man, really love your lines and brushstrokes in the latest, they show a lovely confidence and gesture. Just out of interest, what did you find helped with developing the confidence in your strokes - like any particular exercise or anything?
    good luck with your intense anatomy studies, looking forward to seeing their effect on your work

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i loved those getures and anatomy studies and also the way you ve drawn those faces.

and those color studies are great. i see the strokes are very rough but that gives a nice effect.. how long do you take for the masters study ?
    sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    oh i do envy them brushstrokes XD

really suhweet sketches, keep up the great studies!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viki oh View Post
    Cameronator-
    stoof from my head
    VIKI OH'S Sketchbook of Badassery
    These 2 rock!

Love the punk quality in lots of your characters, and your colors are impressionistic.

Thanks
    Really nice copies of Weistling, etc., I like the bold color in your other works and painterly feel to your digital. Nice work!

Thanks
    nice poses very dinamic

Thanks
    Eric-Anthony- thanks dude XD haha

Dominode- Oh gawd, I've never really thought about my process XD... well it's basically a lot of repeated practice. I have a good understanding, which makes my lines confident, cause I know where to put them without thinking to much, i try to break things down as much as possible and think of the simplest way to put it on paper using the least amount of lines I can. I've been learning figure drawing in college, drawing lots of figures has helped, and learning the basics, like form, proportion, and gesture, also studying the skeleton, muscles, and underlying structures etc. so when it comes time to making a mark, you know where it goes. I also started out figure drawing really big with charcoal and eventually tightened up and downsized to something I'm comfortable with. Hope this helps Also, this teacher who helped me a lot in college, had me promise her I'd "never make a dead drawing" , so by being confident in strokes I can gain the looseness I want? @_@; hope that also helps/makes sense?

Sin eater- Thank you very much, I try to not go over 2-3 hours with the masters studies. They would go faster, but it takes me forever to match up the color.

snootchy- awe thanks ^_^

Gislebertus- haha yesh they do have that punkish style XD Thank you very much :> impressionism is awesomeee!

thinairart- Yeah he's awesome, I'm not done with him, I plan to make a few more. Thank you!!

EmiAlvarez- thanks :> I'm trying!

here is more graphite studies and a practice painting yay~ Can't wait to go back to school in 3 weeks and do more figure drawing and study commuters :3
    Last edited by viki oh; March 4th, 2011 at 12:30 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to viki oh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm very nervous right now, I'm going back to school for my senior year in college on monday. I don't know what to expect out of this semester, time flies by so quickly

I made some oils paintings for the first time in 2 years, I've missed this medium so very very much. Sometimes I wish it wasn't so smelly/toxic, ahaha and maybe I'd use it more..... The first one is self portrait, second is a random profile from imagination, tried to see how far I could push it/play with color/ which results in me using every color possible XD

Thanks
    small update, I started school today and drew some commuters on the bus/train. I have my first digital painting class tomorrow, im very excited to see how it goes!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 919 Posts
    Hnnnnnnnnngh subscribing the fuck out of this thread

Thanks
    Awesome way to start your sketchbook, I'm subscribing too. I think it's a real test of skills to be able to use such random colours and make the look natural and good.
    Would like to seem more coloured painting^^

Thanks
    Great SB, and good luck with the last year of school. I love the little notes next to the figure drawings - I do that sometimes too. Maybe add the odd landscape to the mix?
    Take a look at my series of in-depth critiques, like this one of Salvador Dali's hidden portrait of Lincoln.

Scott's Sketchbook: Check out my sketchbook. Will swap C&Cs.

Thanks
    a la bapsi- lololol thank you
    Alfy- Thank you ^^ working with color is a lot of fun, it's a good way to express yourself !
    scottmcd- Thank you as well! And thanks for the suggestion, adding a background would def. help me get out of my comfort zone, i tend to forget things like chairs and seats exist when I draw the figure XD I have selective sight I guess lolol

So this is like the past 2 weeks homework for my digital painting class. My teacher wants super realism, and I'm intimidated. Here's progress so far. Going to add texture brushes soon :>

Thanks
    update time, been doing a lot of homework...
    Last edited by viki oh; March 3rd, 2011 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 919 Posts
    such nice figures. *_* keep it up

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast