Thanks

Your artworks on TV

Take a look at: www.sanbasestudio.com/artplayer
    I think it is a great opportunity. It's free at the moment. 3 million viewers. Why not if you pay nothing for now, isn't it?
    What do you think?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    So you will use our artwork...
    and you won't even charge us!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig D For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig D View Post
    So you will use our artwork...
    and you won't even charge us!
    That's right. It's a great promotion for the artists. It will remain free of charge for two months. After that - who knows. It depends on the TV provider. I think it can cost $20-$25 per image per month.

The web version is a demo, therefore I used only my 400 works. For the real 24 hour TV show we should have closer to 3000-4000 images. We plan to collect them during these 2 months - the official start of the project on TV is in April. I can't name the TV provider at the moment - we have signed an NDA. The official press release should be in 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks
    You could setup a bricks and mortar vanity gallery too.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig D For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 277 Posts
    It's not a great opportunity for artists to have their work on your site/TV/whatever.

It's a great opportunity for you because the art is how you get viewers and/or revenue in the first place... so it doesn't make sense to charge the artist :I
    Last edited by crossmirage; February 4th, 2010 at 04:53 AM.

Thanks
    Tv Shows like Lost, House, or The Office, aren't paying to be on TV so that everyone working on them can get a bit of exposure and maybe star/write/direct movies one day! TV networks and distributors PAY the content providers to LICENSE Their work so in turn they can get ADVERTISING that is effective because the CONTENT that you PAY for draws in an audience.

You've got it all ass backwards.
    [

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    So in a nutshell, it's a 24 hour TV informercial slideshow for art. no thanks.

Also, 3 million viewers...? really? 3 million? that sounds a bit far fetched.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    Maybe your confusing 3 million viewers with 3 million views.

In any case, I can think of several better ways for employers to find artists.
    SECONDS: Do you work from life of photographs?
    FRAZETTA: I work from my head.

Thanks
    Good luck with the "art and comission" debate ^ ^

Don't worry by the time they wake up your gallery is full of art, and by the time they join you might be unnafordable. Who knows.

Bring on the art channel..
    Last edited by George Abraham; February 4th, 2010 at 03:08 AM.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    Tv Shows like Lost, House, or The Office, aren't paying to be on TV so that everyone working on them can get a bit of exposure and maybe star/write/direct movies one day! TV networks and distributors PAY the content providers to LICENSE Their work so in turn they can get ADVERTISING that is effective because the CONTENT that you PAY for draws in an audience.
    You've got it all ass backwards.
    You are right, if you are Dali or Picasso - TV networks will pay to you. If you are not a famous artist - YOU should pay for exhibitions. Exhibition is an advertising of the artist. The TV Art Player is a huge EXHIBITION potentially accessible for 3 million HOUSEHOLDERS. Do you know how much TV ads cost? In this case it will be free of charge (for now). Users can stop desired images, get contact information and buy them directly from the artist’s web site. They can remember the artist at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    right, we wouldn't be playing the role of shows on tv, but instead that of the advertisers paying to show our work. But the point others are making is it does not sound like a good investment. the TV Art Player could potentially be accessible to 3 million households, it could also potentially not be watched by all of the households its available in, let alone ever reach 3 million on an hourly basis to ever garantee the artist will get a spotlight they're paying for. Its free of charge for now, but now noone knows about it either.

appreciate what you're trying to do for artists, but your not making it sound beneficial to us, rather it sounds more beneficial to your business.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zwarrior View Post
    right, we wouldn't be playing the role of shows on tv, but instead that of the advertisers paying to show our work. But the point others are making is it does not sound like a good investment. the TV Art Player could potentially be accessible to 3 million households, it could also potentially not be watched by all of the households its available in, let alone ever reach 3 million on an hourly basis to ever garantee the artist will get a spotlight they're paying for. Its free of charge for now, but now noone knows about it either.

appreciate what you're trying to do for artists, but your not making it sound beneficial to us, rather it sounds more beneficial to your business.
    It is a business, of course. ConceptArt.org is a business too
    First of all it will be ads-free channel. Only images, no commercial. I think it should be more attractive for people than web sites - the user doesn’t have to do anything , just sit back, watch and enjoy. It is some kind of screensaver for TV. At the same time it is your chance to represent your work to people and get publicity. No warranty, of course. Everything depends on your talent.

As I said, the trial period (2 months) is a free of charge, after that it will cost around $5-$10 per image a month or it will be free of charge - I don't know. It will depend on situation.

Thanks
    Not to mention you are most probably going to put music on with it. EEEEEEWWW!!!
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Wow such slideshow channel would sure look damn sexual on my 54 inch HD.

And who knows, it certainly sound like a better format for promotion than the CA gallery that is an epileptic's nightmare, while the actual spot light is on people who allready are industry proffessionals.
    I mean, everyone has seen your Bloodlines concept art already Manley.. Get your shit off the front page, circulation needs to be happening.

Hell, "it's finally finished" forum has a better promotion layout, CG Society styles..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    "I think it should be more attractive for people than web sites - the user doesn’t have to do anything , just sit back, watch and enjoy."

That's not how most people want to view artwork. It's too random, and it's too hard to go back and find what you saw before, especially something you saw an entire day ago, or a week ago.

People want an internet they can surf through, with different websites to go to. They want to be able to save favorite images and organize them in folders they can find again easily. I dont' know how much you plan to charge per month, but the yearly cost of running a website is so much cheaper.

Also, if the median artist on your site isn't up to a certain standard, viewers will lose their patience and switch channels. Even if the works are high quality, art collectors have their own specific interests which may not be what you're showing. In that case, again, they're going to be searching the net instead.

Best of luck, though. I have my own screen saver of zillions of paintings, that I enjoy looking at from time to time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    Like many "new ideas" in life, i think theres a reason why this hasn't been done before...
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    tech talk aside ... watching a 24hour slide show is incredibly boring no mather how you put it.
    time to get drilled.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...02#post1551002

break me down, build me back up. I'd love you for ever.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 2,766 Posts
    I have an agent who places my work on tv and in movies right now, the studios pay me ten percent of the retail price of a painting per day, just to use it, I can still sell the painting.
    So let me see, you want to give away for free what people now pay me thousands of dollars for; the right to have one of my images in their home.

Just another attempt by someone who has no concept how the industry really works and not successful enough to fund their idea, expecting someone else to do it for them and you make money off it. No thanks. You pay for content, period. If you can't afford to pay for content, then you can't afford to do business.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceRogue View Post
    tech talk aside ... watching a 24hour slide show is incredibly boring no mather how you put it.
    Not if you add tits.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hippl5 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    I have an agent who places my work on tv and in movies right now, the studios pay me ten percent of the retail price of a painting per day, just to use it, I can still sell the painting.
    So let me see, you want to give away for free what people now pay me thousands of dollars for; the right to have one of my images in their home.
    Really? Can you send me more information about it: provider, TV channel name, name of show and so on.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 2,766 Posts
    All production companies pay for Props, so everytime you see a show with artwork on the walls and furniture and costumes somebody rents that stuff for money, the studio don't want tokeep it so its cheaper to rent or lease it, do your homework.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    How much exhibition pay to the artist? How much concaptart.org pay to you for showing your images? I don't know the TV company which pay to artists for self promotion.

P.S. your works are excellent
    Last edited by SanBase; February 6th, 2010 at 05:12 PM.