SCAD Hong Kong?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: SCAD Hong Kong?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SCAD Hong Kong?

I was looking/seraching for a SCAD forum/thread as there is a CCAD, RCAD, LCAD, etc threads, but none for SCAD? Is the college bad? Do people dislike it? Or is there just no community on here for it. If I were to go to SCAD, it would most likely be the Hong Kong campus, for the experience of a new culture, plus working my ass off for a good demo reel/thesis once I graduate.

I think it would be a good experience to throw myself into a new country, learning a new culture, while learning animation as a tradition student at SCAD.

But what are people's opinion about this school, other than it's easy to get in?

I'm going to a community college right now, that's not that great, but I'm learning a TON from the lessons, just because of the amount of hardwork I'm putting forth, so I'm not really bothered if the school isn't "the best"

So, opinions on the school in general? I know the Hong Kong Campus is new and is opening in September, but what about the rest of the school?

Last edited by DanialGlover; February 3rd, 2010 at 09:35 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know anything about Hong Kong but I'm a freshman in savannah and I love it so far. I have heard the hate, both online and from a professor at an art college back home, but I really think a lot of that just comes with SCAD's status as the new kid on the art school block. It's had plenty of growing pains in the past but it's also exciting because SCAD constantly growing and changing and striving to be part of the top tier of art colleges which is pretty hard for a school that's only been around for 30 years. I do know that SCAD is at the cutting edge of the current technology, especially with majors like animation (although that's not my cup of tea). I haven't taken any classes in my major yet (illustration or painting) but I've had some phenomenal foundations professors so far and it's been a great experience. I also think student life here is really great for a number of reasons, but I don't know if any of my experiences here in savannah are relevant to you if you're going to Hong Kong. But anyway, let me know if you have any specific questions about the school.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DocRobert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The main thing I want to know, is if there's an active community somewhere on the internet. I've checked facebook, and well their SCAD page is almost dead inactive.

I've yet to see a topic here, and I can't find any on google. I would like to get other people going to the school on my facebook, msn, etc. Plus get any and all info, opinions about the college.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DocRobert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, I've actually went through all those already, it's a shame there isn't a thread for the school, and I'm not qualified to start one.

But the good news is I found the more active facebook page, that's usually always updated hourly/daily

What major are you taking?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't decided between painting and illustration yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by DanialGlover View Post
    Yea, I've actually went through all those already, it's a shame there isn't a thread for the school, and I'm not qualified to start one.

But the good news is I found the more active facebook page, that's usually always updated hourly/daily

What major are you taking?
    Hello,

I'm a former SCAD student and am now working at the new SCAD Hong Kong campus. Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions about the programs!

Jesse

jschlaba@scad.edu

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.