Sketchbook: cacoethes pingendi - tehmeh's sketchbook - Page 22
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: cacoethes pingendi - tehmeh's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The en plen air trees and night view are ASTONISHING.
    I love the silhouette of the flowers against the carefully rendered curtain in the latter, and the wonderful, delicate colors in the former.
    I think what makes your works so amazing is the masterful handling of edges.

Gosh, I would love to see you pain: do you think you would ever be so kind as to stream while you paint something, or maybe record your screen with one of those simple programs (that I unhelpfully know nothing about)?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your stuff, why haven't I sub'd before now? D:

Keep it up, I hope you can find more time to paint. ^^

sketchbook

Confidence isn't saying, 'I've reached the best I can be--I can go no further.' It's saying 'I know what I'm doing, but I can always get better.'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So you're 22 now? Great stuff and amazing progress. Share your brushes with us

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That plein air! WOW!! do you have records to show the steps of your painting? Share it please? Wow... still amazed... Definitely subscribed! Keep it up and keep sharing man. Damn...!

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    Following

More outside digital plein air and notes on the asus ep121

Not totally happy with it but 4 days in is enough, time to move on. Holy jesus the amount of comments in a couple of days, I'm happy to see so much interest in the ep121! I will definitely try and work out how best to record how it is to work on with plein air. As for brushes, basically at the moment i'm just using the fantastic selection from here(especially smudge brushes!), along with a couple of my own.

Edit: Damn I can't believe how many talented guys are posting all these nice comments, just insane...

cloudcan: Thanks! Actually they weren't bad, I work fullscreen without any panels and a black background so there was no glare in my eyes (though I tried to put down the glare from the streetlight with fun)- only occasionally turning on magicpicker for colours but soon not necessary when I can pick colours from the paintings laid down already, which happened pretty soon in such monochrome situations.
    insane lemur: Thanks! sargent They are a lot darker on my tablet, just bright enough that you can just make out the values, just like it was in my vision, but I had to bump it up a bit to post online.
    ismo: Yes it's loads of fun
    lancer_idenoure: Thanks! It's just a win7 computer, I plug in a USB numpad and have all my photoshop shortcuts mapped to it via a freeware app called Sharpkeys - but if you didn't plein air you could just use the bluetooth keyboard it comes with, I just found that too bulky for travelling.
    andres333: Don't believe that for a minute, but thanks all the same
    drd: Thanks, good way of splitting it up for sure.
    Call0ps: Yeah this tablet was definitely made for me, I think any bigger or smaller wouldn't be any better. Hope you are doing some killer watercolours over there!
    Koto: Well it's really all nature, still making my first foray into design and there's not much I can find in such a scene to improve or simplify yet! And night painting is hella fun, I love the isolation and stillness in it.
    AvisNocturna: Thank you! I can definitely recommend it if you are serious about both digital art and plein air, but only if you're really serious - with the necessary batteries it costs about £1200
    Deadlyhazard: Thanks, nature is to thank though really
    Adam Nowak: An honour, thank you sir
    wreck: Thanks, I know right?
    GHudston: I know the feeling, painting without sensitivity is frustrating when I am so privileged with a host of PS shortcuts and things. Hopefully this device means more tablets like the ipad will steer the right way for digital painting now.
    Featheredface: mm jelly. The leaves I tried so many different ways, as leaves against a bright blue sky are not easy to paint - when you look up they've all changed. I tried to make "leaf" brushes, but in the end it was using an old noise brush, then an abstract shape smudge tool, then painting over to clean that up a bit... it's complicated and maybe I should post about it next time with some images.
    Kungfoowiz: Thank you
    Odayga: Thank you very much, glad you enjoy it.
    lennon: Thank you sir, I don't believe I'm there yet but I know that all this hard work is slowly translating to improvement looking back - I plan to keep it up and hopefully I can keep surprising you
    Wanderer: Thanks
    SamC: Fleet huh, not far down the M3 - better yet come to one of the london sketchmeets!
    sony: haha I think you're overdoing it now
    Philosiflo: I would be the same guy saying that before this came out to be fair, could just be he didn't hear about the tablet - I know it got slated (excuse the pun) in reviews because it has no functionality outside of digital painting - a low battery tablet with no keyboard, and nobody really "got it". I don't find it time consuming at all, as it's part of my process.
    I don't try to make any replication of a traditional look, from just appreciating the masters and learning their fundamentals and painting techniques it naturally translates to your own process - I believe it's a classical and logical appreciation for masses, edges, colour etc that shows as such, not any purposeful attempt at a style.
    Ikage: Thank you Hope you are well, need to discover your recent stuff
    Dim5um: Dunno about cheap, or how expensive those are, it does have a Wacomized surface and I'd love to film something for you, though I'd need to get a video camera first...
    Velocity Kendall: Jolly good, V
    MatejaPetkovic: I find it very natural - I use CS4 when sitting down, with a usb numpad for shortcuts on my lap behind the thing. I can stand up and walk around with it, light enough to hold for long periods in one arm while I paint (though only onartrage, photoshop needs too many shortcut keys). There's no lag, but big brushes and big canvases with lots of layers do lag on PS. I haven't experienced any with 4000px wide canvases, and my simple brushes (except massive airbrushing, fixed by lowering spacing), though I only ever use one or two layers. Factory battery is what you'd expect for 64 bit windows, very short - especially with photoshop cs4, it lasts just over 2 hours on full brightness - I bought 2 extra batteries and now it lasts about 8 hours altogether. Sensitivity is same as my int3, though you have to press a little bit more to make contact - i imagine this is the same with all tablet devices with a screen however, and got used to it pretty quick. I love it and don't regret purchasing it a tad, but it's a serious investment.
    Virg: Thanks man
    Kvenh: Thanks, you should - watercolours are a good starting point, about 1000x cheaper too
    ladyknowles: Thank you very much
    Metal Fingers: Thank you sir!
    JoeS: Thanks! The buttery feel actually took some trickery to get, I'm very glad it came across and hopefully didn't drown it out in the finished version in this post.
    Crane: Thank you, I'm flattered you'd take the time to!
    Ariel9: Thanks! I loved the scene when I sat down and the flowers framed it - I wanted to do a second with a different lighting arrangement inside but it ended up going way overtime sadly, and I felt I learned enough from that position. Edge control is something I'm just starting on, but I'm glad I'm not totally fudging it up so far Seems a lot of people want to see that so I will definitely try something out. Most of my still lifes in the thread were livestreamed but I'll see if I can record something properly.
    Ludic: Thank you!
    Vella C Raptor: Thank you very much - I will, and I always find a way to make time to paint, don't worry
    Reika: 21! Thanks, I linked the brushes I used earlier in this post. (I use good brush #1, the very first in the pack for 99% of painting recently, the two portraits earlier are a good example - for all I know the other several hundred brushes in the pack are incredible but I'm have such delight painting with that first one I don't know how I could try them out.)
    witcrack: Not the plein air, I usually keep steps of each painting but I keep forgetting for tablet paintings. Will definitely keep it in mind to save steps on it in the future, hopefully at least the day's difference between the old wip and the one in this post shows some progression.

Last edited by tehmeh; August 14th, 2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: writing replies

7. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to tehmeh For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

monstertree is offline They look so good that's why I keep 'em in the front Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The foliage is so beautiful and just so bloody real looking - staring at it and I can't decipher what you've done there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, that is really stunning. Wow. you imitate the traditional masters so well 0_0
    I would love to see some generic soldiers in this style or something...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @____@ good god. thats insane. i wanna print that out obnoxiously huge and put it on my wall. amazing job. and thanks for the words about the slate. im seriously considering getting one. cheers man, keep up the great work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow.. 12000, that's not cheap. Fortunately my husband works in a computer store, so maybe I get a little discount. Would be awesome to walk around and finally paint people from life than just draw them.
    The Painting turned out really good, btw, I just love that atmosphere you've captured, as well as the lovely brushwork. Hope you post more of these soon!

“Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy”

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've got mindblown.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hu-ha For This Useful Post:

fenixx is offline !!! Paranoid Android !!! Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like the above post. Mind = Blown !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hopefully you'll be able to get a video cam to show your process and the tablet. The modbook goes up to $4k I think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my I would love to see your process too. thank you for the inspiration

Available for Freelance!
    Portfolio blog:yongs Art blog
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oooooohhh... That plein air painting is incredible!! Wonderful colour variation in the shadows. I find that birch trees aren't always very pretty, but in some cases they stand out beautifully like silver spire; which sounds really cheesy, but there you go.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Love how fast you have been progressing since 2009 and there seems to be no end to it ~ just wonderful works and a very inspiring path that you are on.

Would be wonderful to visit the painted world of the plein air piece you made with

rolling like waves in the air and with the thick smells of summer.

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dan liimatta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your plein air work is really insanely good man!

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow.. incredible work in here. I dont think I've ever even seen this sb on the forums before but I'm glad I stopped by. No crits from me, just keep on doing what you're doing!

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, great work on the last couple of posts. They have an incredible painterly feel to them, I had to look a couple of times to figure out what medium they were in! (The dark shots look like photos at first, as does the final image of the trees.

Keep it up, sir!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome work, very talented.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow! That last piece is epic. I had to look backwards and look at the other pieces. :o

Hello and Nice to meet you.

Visit my sketchbook >.<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely latest piece. :o

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
    My Sketchbook-
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=190017

SKYPE-
    nyealexandafrayne

Website-
    http://nyealexandafrayne.tumblr.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impressive works man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wow, really great works. Love the latest envrionment, looks really realistic!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats some crazy work man, whoa x.x

"What does it mean to be an artist? It's constant, unrelenting, everlasting failure. That's what it is. You have to be really tough to take it." -Carl Larsson

Skethbook! | Deviantart! | Blog!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just a 15min update, such a lovely sunset earlier

Parsakoira:
    monstertree: Thanks dude
    DTP: I try not to imitate them, it's just the painting fundamentals that leads to such a look. Hmm will have to try painting some, considering the field I should be trying to get into
    lancer_idenoure: Thanks man, and no problem!
    AvisNocturna: Good luck on finding a discount. Painting digital portraits is a lot of fun, though I've yet to try anything sub 2 hours. Thanks about the atmosphere, there wasn't much sky at all in the scene and everything in grey was in the same wall of trees so I had some fun redesigning it.
    hu-ha:
    fenixx: Thanks!
    Dim5um: I'm gonna ask around see if anyone has one I can borrow for sure.
    yongs: No prob!
    Benjaminba: Ah, I love the look of birch trees, especially picking up highlights of sunlight through the canopy.
    dan: Thanks man, was very cool chatting with you earlier, the music is perfect.
    no87: Thank you!
    ThomasM: Thank you, will do
    The_Flying_Dutchman: Thanks! I don't intend for them to look as such, but my design skills are very undeveloped, hopefully that will improve with practice.
    fwa1: Thank you.
    JohanneLight: Cheers I appreciate it!
    NyeAlexandaFrayne: Thank you
    Ionize: Thanks!
    Ludic: Thank you very much!
    Kvenh: Thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, damn damn, digging those trees super slick rendering on them.

And really nice selection of colors on this sky image.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you rock my world. i want to try out one of those tablets, it looks like a great deal of fun.

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 53