Hey y'all

I'm creating this thread to ask you guys how can I improve my drawing skills... I drew alot at childhood, on my desk, on paper and stuff, never took any drawing class at all. I stopped drawing for a long time since people around me thought it was a waste of time and I'll never make money of it and such so not alot of motivation there, so I dropped it and went to a computer school which later on found out I don't wanna work as an IT... Anyways, I restarting drawing since Dec09 but the more I draw, the more I feel like I'm not improving at all. I feel I'm stuck in the same spot... I'm using references, but I keep drawing and losing my patience and that's leading to alot of ripped papers... I want to eventually work as a conceptual artist for video game companies...

The thing is... I WANT to improve, but the more I look at others work or try to draw, the more I cringe that I won't be able to draw that good or I just plainly suck at this...

Have you guys ever gone through a phase like this? If so how did you get over it?

Thanks alot

P.S.: Here's a link to my DeviantArt page so you guys can see my sucky artwork: http://tatoutik.deviantart.com/